HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken's Pilot Alliance

Alpha Beta Community Exclusive Project

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 irish_00

irish_00

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationKiev

Posted March 03 2014 - 07:52 AM

Hello there,
I'd like to drag your attention to the project we are currently working on: Hawken's Pilot Alliance.
Project's Main Objectives are:
  • Reuniting all Hawken players: those from Alpha as well as from the Steam release.
  • Discussing various Hawken mechanics and their changes from Alpha to Steam release.
  • Bringing to the developers' attention the community's opinions and suggestions.
Current members count is ~400 people but we are looking for much, much more.

FAQ (might be updated):
Hey, Hawken forums are exact place for making such discussions and you are wasting your time, man.
Well, even though I have to agree that Hawken forums are serving the same purpose there is a big difference:
  • Hawken forums have a fixed number of regular visitors (200-300_) while our project's main goal is getting every single Hawken player involved (ideally).
  • Due to the nature of text discussions sometimes its really hard to have productive one @ forums. As practice shows, one or both parties will eventually see some kind of offense in the opponents reply and discussion will turn into the flamefest.
Okay, lets suppose you have more people than at forums involved. But how are you going to avoid flamefest discussions, pal_
There is a pretty simple answer to that: realtime voip discussion. So people can hear each other an take it easy.

Fine, but we already have some shows like that, I dont see the point in here...
While we have absolutely nothing against those shows there is a big difference in between. We are not interested in gaining some kind of fanbase and go live on a regular basis. Treat this project as a one-time mission. We do no have any plans for future. All we want is making a really big, fat, productive discussion.
Figuring out where the actual Hawken playerbase stands and where it can and want to see the future of Hawken.
tl;dr: our project's core object is not entertainment.

And what is the plan to make a simultaneous talk between several hundreds of people_
There is no plan like that. We're going to be inviting 4-6 people with drastically different points of view for each discussion.

So its a Steam Group. Is that even serious_
Yes it is. Main reason for that is Hawken is on Steam now and we do not have resources & time for making a dedicated website. Steam Group is just a place to gather people as well as it allows making a relatively easily noticeable announcements.

Okay, duda, is there any way I can help_
Yes, please. Even though we already have some well known pilots involved, we are always looking for help since we are not robots and cant work 24/7 on the project. 1st - invite your friends: those who play the game, those who quit it, those who enjoy it and those who hate it (now). 2nd - make a small advert to the project (on stream, forum sig etc). But thats basics. HWKPA is intended to be a formation of active, not indifferent pilots. We are looking for suggestions, pre-discussions in teamspeak, ideas, ideas, ideas. Just PM me.

Wait a second, irish_00. Arent you the person that have been flaming devs just recently_
I made some harsh statements, thats correct. However I thought it over and changed my attitude.

You should be having some kind of specific direction you want to drag situation (bringing back old TTK or just Ascension), we know your plan.
In fact, thats false. We are interested in discovering the middlegrounds for different Hawken players and we are finding its way more productive and logical to try to come to some common agreement on various topics rather than just trying to persuade everyone in what some individual may consider to be the best option.

Edited by irish_00, March 12 2014 - 08:03 AM.

#2 oo_olio_oo

oo_olio_oo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 08:13 AM

Joined group already yesterday. Keep it classy folks! :)

Posted Image

#3 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 03 2014 - 08:25 AM

Joined up!

#4 Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationPA USA

Posted March 03 2014 - 08:40 AM

I'm in, let me know what i can do to help
How will you spend eternity_ Smoking or Non-Smoking_
Posted Image
Chillen with the banger

#5 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 03 2014 - 08:41 AM

Let's make Hawken a better game for everyone! :D

#6 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 08:57 AM

I admire your initiative and your passion for improving the game, though I worry that you're being overly optimistic. Webcam discussions sound great, but I can't picture how such a thing would be organized. Are we talking about encouraging players to have discussions amongst themselves, or is this a mass meeting, with community members at a higher level of involvement heading this up via webcam_ Either way, I don't see how this can result in anything substantially better than what we currently have. Perhaps you could give specifics on how this would promote more productive discussions. All I'm seeing so far is 1. Forums bad and 2. Webcams. This isn't enough to convince me that this is worthwhile.

Why can't we just put our minds, individually, to improve the quality of discussion using the tools we already have_ They aren't broken. Too often there are calls for complete reform instead of efforts to improve whatever is in place.

Again, I really dig your passion, but quality of discussion won't improve simply because we change the venue and start using webcams.

#7 irish_00

irish_00

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationKiev

Posted March 03 2014 - 09:07 AM

View PostDOS4GW, on March 03 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

I admire your initiative and your passion for improving the game, though I worry that you're being overly optimistic. Webcam discussions sound great, but I can't picture how such a thing would be organized. Are we talking about encouraging players to have discussions amongst themselves, or is this a mass meeting, with community members at a higher level of involvement heading this up via webcam_ Either way, I don't see how this can result in anything substantially better than what we currently have. Perhaps you could give specifics on how this would promote more productive discussions. All I'm seeing so far is 1. Forums bad and 2. Webcams. This isn't enough to convince me that this is worthwhile.

Why can't we just put our minds, individually, to improve the quality of discussion using the tools we already have_ They aren't broken. Too often there are calls for complete reform instead of efforts to improve whatever is in place.

Again, I really dig your passion, but quality of discussion won't improve simply because we change the venue and start using webcams.
Ill put it this way: Even tho I I have to admit that maybe somewhat too optimistic, being too pessimistic is not better either.
Hence, we gonna give it a try. And its definitely worth one.
And points regarding quality are also questionable. If you have any serious ideas - please, share them since we are not going to base it on webcam discussions exclusively as I've already said. Its a project.

Edited by irish_00, March 03 2014 - 09:35 AM.

#8 plons

plons

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 09:34 AM

#9 thedark20

thedark20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted March 03 2014 - 09:59 AM

Interesting idea. I can help if you want! :33
Posted Image

#10 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 03 2014 - 10:00 AM

A hawken grass roots movement_ Interesting.

Posted Image

#11 mechpilot6666

mechpilot6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted March 03 2014 - 10:07 AM

Maybe people wont get all butt hurt about something like this. You know since HAB was apparently just an EGO bruiser something like this might actually assuage those with extra large/sensitive E-peens and let some real community feedback happen.

#12 HatesYourFace

HatesYourFace

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted March 03 2014 - 10:44 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

I also play on "PoundSignYoloSwag" (Assault/G2 Assault) and "FriendshipIsMagic" (Rocketeer) But haven't been able to add them to my Sig yet due to computer problems.

#13 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted March 03 2014 - 11:07 AM

My dear irish im in the group and its 240 strong now......
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#14 Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationPA USA

Posted March 03 2014 - 11:08 AM

There's nothing wrong with broadening avenues for discussion. My guess is around 30% of players actually read the forums so getting the rest of us on a steam board could help
Posted Image
Chillen with the banger

#15 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 03 2014 - 11:42 AM

View PostInterrobang87, on March 03 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

There's nothing wrong with broadening avenues for discussion. My guess is around 30% of players actually read the forums so getting the rest of us on a steam board could help

Smaller than 30. Try something closer to 5-10.

Posted Image

#16 Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationPA USA

Posted March 03 2014 - 11:49 AM

^ I'm an unflinching optimist
Posted Image
Chillen with the banger

#17 palad1ne

palad1ne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Locationuninstalled

Posted March 03 2014 - 01:53 PM

yeah .. joined

#18 Atmos_Dwagon

Atmos_Dwagon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 02:32 PM

Well, that explains why I had an invite sent last Saturday; it was shotgun-style recruitment.

#19 irish_00

irish_00

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationKiev

Posted March 03 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostAtmos_Dwagon, on March 03 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Well, that explains why I had an invite sent last Saturday; it was shotgun-style recruitment.
not really sure what you mean by that.
if you mean its an invite-of-whoever-I-see-style its wrong just because projects objectives been in the group since its creation and ure directly involved with Hawken, right_ %)

#20 irish_00

irish_00

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationKiev

Posted March 04 2014 - 04:45 AM

More attention, please

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Alpha, Beta, Community, Exclusive, Project

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users