HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

SMC - AR - PointD Vulcan - which one is best_

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Alfajk

Alfajk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted March 04 2014 - 06:34 AM

Almost every mech has this weapons available,but which one is best_ it depends on mech type_ for examle,i never see Assault with pointD Vulcan - why_ or berserker with pointD vulcan, its because pointD vulcan is weak or why_

#2 Zanozus

Zanozus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted March 04 2014 - 06:46 AM

SMC has too high accuracy, DPS and low heat generation.

#3 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted March 04 2014 - 06:47 AM

The vulcan is best at short range with highest dps...........but it has one big drawback, the spinup time. I personally cannot get used to that, so nowadays I go for the smc. After the steam update the sustained weapons lost the drawback of increased spread, so even at range the smc is quite good.

#4 Zdragow

Zdragow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDrowning in energy drinks

Posted March 04 2014 - 06:48 AM

None of them and all of them. It depends on what mech you use and how you like to play.

SMC has a high firerate and a low heat output, giving it more time to fire.
The Vulcan can rip things apart at close range, but has a higher heat output.
The AR is the most balanced of them all. It is the jack-of-all-trades.

#5 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted March 04 2014 - 07:04 AM

AR has the most versatility and trades high dps for superb versatility okay dps and okay burst per trace.

SMC has somewhat high dps lowish burst per trace decent accuracy at close-mid range and low heat gen.

Vulcan has high dps at close range, not very great accuracy (even at close ranges), high heat gen, and spin up time.

AR definitely is the most flexible of the three. It will shred most targets mid range (especially A-classes) if you can keep the cross hair on them. It can be a tough weapon to use because of the precision required coupled with the low visibility of the current default cross hair. SMC is good if you are overheating in fights or need a little more dps, close range utility, and accuracy. It is pretty good against A and B classes at cqc and corner play. Vulcan is more defensive nowadays, if you choose to assault with it you are pretty much dedicating yourself to the fight. If you stop firing you are giving your enemy a few second advantage but when you are firing you do some scary damage. The AR and SMC doing damage as soon as you pull the trigger make them, in my opinion, more suitable for assaulting a position. Don't fret because vulcan is still very good even with its spin up time.

All three are good in different situations.

#6 Alfajk

Alfajk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted March 04 2014 - 07:22 AM

i realy like Scout mech,but now i have max level and i dont want spend MC to transfer exp - which mech have similiar use_ (high movment speed,dodge and dmg) Berserk,Assault or Bruiser_
and one more question,what is cqc_ :)

#7 rejwen

rejwen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted March 04 2014 - 07:39 AM

View PostAlfajk, on March 04 2014 - 07:22 AM, said:

i realy like Scout mech,but now i have max level and i dont want spend MC to transfer exp - which mech have similiar use_ (high movment speed,dodge and dmg) Berserk,Assault or Bruiser_
and one more question,what is cqc_ :)

Berserk will be good for you  ,Cqc - close quarters combat
sorry for my english

#8 Alfajk

Alfajk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted March 04 2014 - 08:44 AM

thanks,now i am trying Assault and berserker,but assault seems to be better,what "items" and "internals" do you recommend_

#9 KillaKiwi

KillaKiwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted March 05 2014 - 06:24 PM

Every mech should get advanced reconstructor since armor regen is always useful.
Berserker has the highest air speed so air compresser works very well.

For assault you probably want offensive items. Emp, ism and detonator. But ism is not that great compared to emp in my opinon.
Same goes for berserker. But shields also work well. The assault throws the shield at the enemy to block the enemys fire so he can safely close in, while the berserker can use the shield to escape damage when he needs to make a run for it.
You can also use the shield to detonate the emp and hit enemys who are to close to it.
(Y--->emp) X      where (    ) = shield; Y = you and X = enemy

The radar scrambler is also usefull for both since you will engage most likely at close range.

#10 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted March 05 2014 - 07:40 PM

Berserker needs air compressor, extractor, and fuel converter (pro build)

Assault needs air compressor, deflector, and basic extractor (pro build)

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#11 KillaKiwi

KillaKiwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 02:49 AM

I removed my fuel converter from A class mechs since it seemed that with the low armor there wasn't much point in keeping them.

#12 Alfajk

Alfajk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 09:34 AM

when i am in air(holding shift) - does it count as "dodging" and i get 20% less dmg taken from Deflector item_

#13 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 06 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostAlfajk, on March 06 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

when i am in air(holding shift) - does it count as "dodging" and i get 20% less dmg taken from Deflector item_

Only if you have air compressor and are air dodging.

You don't see many Zerkers with Vulcans since it heats fast and has spin up (good for pubstomping).
Also takes tons of XP to reach the 2nd last mech level.

Edited by Stingz, March 06 2014 - 11:33 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#14 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 04:46 PM

vulcan isn't an ideal choice for any mech besides the brawler. better off with smc/ar

#15 Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationPA USA

Posted March 09 2014 - 12:36 PM

View PostStingz, on March 06 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

View PostAlfajk, on March 06 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

Only if you have air compressor and are air dodging.

You don't see many Zerkers with Vulcans since it heats fast and has spin up (good for pubstomping).
Also takes tons of XP to reach the 2nd last mech level.

This is inaccurate - you only get the bonuses from defector when you are on the ground
How will you spend eternity_ Smoking or Non-Smoking_
Posted Image
Chillen with the banger

#16 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostInterrobang87, on March 09 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

This is inaccurate - you only get the bonuses from defector when you are on the ground

Deflector works in the air.

#17 mrvile

mrvile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted March 15 2014 - 07:54 PM

I just max ranked my Assault and I'm wondering if the AR is worth it... it seems like general concensus is that the SMC puts out more DPS and takes longer to overheat, but with my limited experience with the AR on my Berserker, I do like how the AR feels. I normally use the SMC on my Berserker because I try to force CQC, but I find myself engaging a little more cautiously with my Assault, so maybe the AR might be more useful_ Does anyone use the AR on the Assault and can you recommend it_

#18 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 16 2014 - 06:15 AM

View Postmrvile, on March 15 2014 - 07:54 PM, said:

I just max ranked my Assault and I'm wondering if the AR is worth it... it seems like general concensus is that the SMC puts out more DPS and takes longer to overheat, but with my limited experience with the AR on my Berserker, I do like how the AR feels. I normally use the SMC on my Berserker because I try to force CQC, but I find myself engaging a little more cautiously with my Assault, so maybe the AR might be more useful_ Does anyone use the AR on the Assault and can you recommend it_

The tiny range advantage isn't worth the 6k+ price tag. The CRT comes with AR stock anyways.

Edited by Stingz, March 16 2014 - 06:16 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#19 Duralumi

Duralumi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 07:37 AM

Vulcan for close range DEEPS.

SMC for everything else.

Assault Rifle needs to be made a burst-fire weapon to differentiate itself from the Hawkins RPR.

Edited by Duralumi, March 16 2014 - 01:14 PM.

After disabling signatures I found my forum-browsing experience had improved marginally.

#20 mrvile

mrvile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostDuralumi, on March 16 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

Assault Rifle needs to be made a burst weapon to differentiate itself from the Hawkins RPR.

I would love that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users