HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Scout Overpowered + Game Imbalance

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostNosmer, on March 07 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

Attachment 2014-03-07_00001.jpg
Scout not OP_ Really_ There was 4 scouts in this game. The fourth switched in the end. Scout is bad in teamfights_ Any mec pops in 1v3/1v4/1v5 etc. Fight scout in the open_ But he's not following you, he's either capping on MA or behind his teammates in TDM. And he absolutley dominates DM. Scout is an ultimate and undoubtful OP, period.

I could also screen shot a match where half of the people were playing reapers. Then another where half were bezerkers. This means nothing

#42 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted March 09 2014 - 03:02 PM

View PostFarlanghn, on March 09 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

View PostDementalist, on March 05 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

How then, in your opinion, should a Berserker class approach the Scout class in one-on-one situations_ I'm open to new ideas.

That's funny you say this because I think bezerkers are OP to a certain extent. Think about it
1) you get a damage boost ability! And it lasts way too long.
2) With the sustained weapon like the Vulcan (which is OP in its self) and just 1 or 2 well placed tows, you well destroy a scout with 320hp.

Me personally, I am the type of gamer that tries to stay away from classes that everyone plays as. Bezerkers are I feel the most played classes in the game. They are easy to play. The machine guns you never really have to aim with and that hard hitting tow.

Just because he is beating you doesn't mean the class needs to be nerfed. You even said that you really don't play that often. Maybe that's why he was kicking your ass_ Some of these guys play way too much! You just have to give it to the better player.

Pretty much this. Prime example is myself with over 400 hours in this game XD

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#43 mrvile

mrvile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostFarlanghn, on March 09 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

View PostDementalist, on March 05 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

How then, in your opinion, should a Berserker class approach the Scout class in one-on-one situations_ I'm open to new ideas.

That's funny you say this because I think bezerkers are OP to a certain extent. Think about it
1) you get a damage boost ability! And it lasts way too long.
2) With the sustained weapon like the Vulcan (which is OP in its self) and just 1 or 2 well placed tows, you well destroy a scout with 320hp.

Me personally, I am the type of gamer that tries to stay away from classes that everyone plays as. Bezerkers are I feel the most played classes in the game. They are easy to play. The machine guns you never really have to aim with and that hard hitting tow.

Just because he is beating you doesn't mean the class needs to be nerfed. You even said that you really don't play that often. Maybe that's why he was kicking your ass_ Some of these guys play way too much! You just have to give it to the better player.

As someone with max ranked Berserker and Scout, I honestly think they put up a good fight against each other. As a Scout you should be doing everything you can to close the gap while dodging TOWs. As a Berserker you should be flying away while air dodging. Both mechs have similar 1v1 playstyles, the Scout having ground mobility while the Berserker has air mobility. Honestly I think the Scout might have a slight edge in the hands of a very skilled pilot, and a flying Berserker isn't always situationally safe, but I do think that they are fairly evenly matched.

I agree with your closing statement the most. Sometimes you will find yourself facing a truly superior pilot who seems to land every shot and can dodge everything you throw at him. Let that be your motivation to be a better pilot yourself, there's always room to improve.

Edited by mrvile, March 09 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#44 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted March 10 2014 - 05:00 AM

Scout OP_ My Infiltrator eats lunch from those :P

Not really considerable threat on my part as playing Infiltrator really rarely I get killed by those. They are being pretty much similar to each other the Infiltrator and Scout both has low HP boosts and moves fast but they defenitely are pain in the ass on flanking routes. Basically Infiltrator and Scout needs to be on move all the time and set down when they seriously needs repairs or when you feel like doing so.

Scout just has more burst damage on close range what is seriously dangerous place to many mechs but also being extremely vulnerable to some mechs. In nutshell if you know how to play Scout well you might find yourself feeling like playing well as Infiltrator too. Just know what kind of weapons your enemies are you using and choose well your opponents and know that you can always get the hell out of the situation FAST.

#45 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted March 10 2014 - 05:35 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on March 10 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

Scout OP_ My Infiltrator eats lunch from those :P

Not really considerable threat on my part as playing Infiltrator really rarely I get killed by those. They are being pretty much similar to each other the Infiltrator and Scout both has low HP boosts and moves fast but they defenitely are pain in the ass on flanking routes. Basically Infiltrator and Scout needs to be on move all the time and set down when they seriously needs repairs or when you feel like doing so.

Scout just has more burst damage on close range what is seriously dangerous place to many mechs but also being extremely vulnerable to some mechs. In nutshell if you know how to play Scout well you might find yourself feeling like playing well as Infiltrator too. Just know what kind of weapons your enemies are you using and choose well your opponents and know that you can always get the hell out of the situation FAST.

Play styles of scout and infil are completely different and cannot be compared. However, movement mechanics are similar. Weapon mechanics, not so much.

Heat cannon is basically the anti- flak scout. That and a vulcan and someone who knows how to use it.

Edited by OmegaNull, March 10 2014 - 05:36 AM.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#46 Blingchicken

Blingchicken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationThe Pit of Despair!

Posted March 10 2014 - 12:43 PM

Yeah, sometimes I will play the Scout and think, "Yeah i am so overpowered.  This is sweet."  Then I hear that GD Vulcan mini-gun start up....

#47 Ionie

Ionie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:26 PM

Who-ever says Scouts are OP haven't met my Vanguards' grenade launcher... Predict movements, and fire where he will be. The radius of TOWs and grenade launchers are quite nice, if one can calculate the trajectories...

#48 Eliziel

Eliziel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 11:51 PM

Scout, berserker, and Vulcan were totally OP when I was level 1.... Now that I have a bit more experience, I think its pretty well balanced overall. Can't really have an opinion on balance till you hit level 30, at least... I don't think things are OP just because they fit their role. The key is team tactics. Judging something based on DM when its really a team game at core doesn't make sense. DM is just included as a bonus because we're playing an FPS here and DM is pretty old school for FPS.

#49 LeeHarveyOz

LeeHarveyOz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted March 28 2014 - 01:13 AM

Scout does seem disproportionately powerful compared to some in CQC, but no. Just no.  It's a CQC monster, so unless you're a raider, learn to wave dodge and take them out from mid. A few shots on target and pow!

I hate playing against scouts, but that's a piloting style/skill level issue.

#50 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 28 2014 - 05:40 AM

View PostLeeHarveyOz, on March 28 2014 - 01:13 AM, said:

Scout does seem disproportionately powerful compared to some in CQC, but no. Just no.  It's a CQC monster, so unless you're a raider, learn to wave dodge and take them out from mid. A few shots on target and pow!

Recent patch essentially made wave dash expire, just about all mechs can get around faster with only boost.
No longer saves fuel since theres a 0.4 delay for dodging.

Edited by Stingz, March 28 2014 - 05:41 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users