HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

What is Your Favorite Tactic Using Predator_

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPredator Pilot of prosk army

Posted March 08 2014 - 04:00 AM

Title Say it ALl

Posted Image

#2 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 08 2014 - 04:04 AM

You know_ ...  something I'm gonna try today on the battlefield will be to go stealth first and then pressing "G" to see if my pred can dance -while cloacked- via it's new and cool mech animation taunt. :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#3 Chocksa

Chocksa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationDongen, The Netherlands

Posted March 08 2014 - 04:39 AM

I prefer to sneak around the back and pick off the guys repairing or atack a tureted C-class from the back. They don't like it when they get a penetrator up their backside.

That didn't come out the way i planned

#4 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 08 2014 - 07:47 AM

You know_ Animated mech taunts work quite well while cloacked! :D It's been fun to check it on the battlefield! :lol: :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#5 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 08 2014 - 09:53 AM

I sneak around and scout out the AA or MAs and cause havoc for the enemy team while they're distracted by my teammates.  :D   I also drop in the occasional scrambler to make the enemy confuzzled. :P

#6 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted March 08 2014 - 11:02 AM

Taking down 2 snipers and a Tech ontop of a ledge is my favourite.
Snipers usually don't even bother checking their radar, so you can just kill them one by one, starting with the Technician.

Taking down other Predators is one of my priorities, as they usually suck, and make for easy kills.

That's pretty much what I like to do. ^_^

Posted Image

Spoiler

#7 Woodybait

Woodybait

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 04:38 AM

i like to lay a ton of mines in -orgin siege- in the tunnels . enemy walks over them they die i help them and pick up there EU and go back to my base!! haha

Edited by Woodybait, March 09 2014 - 04:39 AM.

I WILL FIGHT my FIGHT and do what I can in any Mech and
No Mech Will live to tell his/her tale.

#8 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 10:10 AM

Laying increasingly clever traps is my favorite thing to do. Usually won't be topping the leaderboards but its insanely entertaining.

Pred is one of my favorite mechs to just have a good time with.

#9 Hoove

Hoove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted March 10 2014 - 01:53 AM

Walking up to repairing mechs and then yelling out "SURPRISE fuzzy bunny!" (IRL) Killing them. repeat, ___, profit.

Edited by Hoove, March 10 2014 - 01:54 AM.

#10 Mawnkey

Mawnkey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDirectly Behind You

Posted April 14 2014 - 11:34 PM

I like to vulture kills that my teammates couldn't finish off by catching them repairing somewhere "safe", turn objectives like missile silos and eu stations in to minefields, and troll enemies by invisibly blocking objective captures. Basically general harassment and annoyance to throw them off their game. When they starting screaming in all chat about how my kills and behavior are bovine excrement, I've done my job. While it can top the scoreboards, it's far better at demoralizing the other team through psychological warfare.

Truly the perfect mech for the troll in everyone. :ph34r:

Edited by Mawnkey, April 14 2014 - 11:34 PM.

#11 McBonY

McBonY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 12:53 AM

Rocketeer description fits pretty well to my Predator tactics ;] I like to "discourage strategic positioning" with it. So yeah, i usually hunt snipers, grenadiers, rocketeers... All those who like to stay back and spam. And Technicians. If enemy team has a tech, and i'm not dominating it, i feel i failed.

Minefields are nice, too, but that depends on a map.

Fun fact: Predator is not a mech that gives me top scores, i have better results in Reaper, Tech or Assault, but, so far, it's the only one i leveled up to golden badge ;]

#12 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 15 2014 - 02:54 AM

Standing behind Fortress'd enemy C classes, and then dropping a holo emote and taunting them while cloaked before killing them.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#13 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 03:03 AM

Favourite tactic hmm...

Killing A mechs for one. I feel it is really easy with predator. This of course includes the technician, I need to nab him even if his whole team is in front of him.

Another tactic, avoid Raider mechs! They are just lethal, due to closing the gap so quickly. Most times I don't have enough time to react.

Kill anything that gets in my vision/way is another.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#14 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 03:03 AM

View PostMeraple, on April 15 2014 - 02:54 AM, said:

Standing behind Fortress'd enemy C classes, and then dropping a holo emote and taunting them while cloaked before killing them.
FUZZY BUNNY LMAO!!!

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#15 McBonY

McBonY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 03:08 AM

View PostLightangel112, on April 15 2014 - 03:03 AM, said:

(...)
Another tactic, avoid Raider mechs! They are just lethal, due to closing the gap so quickly. Most times I don't have enough time to react.

(...)

I miss the week when Raider was on test drive. Easiest kills i've ever had. I till tend to underestimate Raiders because of that...

#16 Sadistic_Dentist

Sadistic_Dentist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationPoland/Polska

Posted April 15 2014 - 03:32 AM

I prefer flanking.
WoT: P2W, NEVER MOOOOREEEE!!!
WT: Nice game, tanks finally implemented!
MWO: P2W, movement is fuzzybunnied up
HAWKEN: Great game, but crashes sometimes

#17 Chocksa

Chocksa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationDongen, The Netherlands

Posted April 15 2014 - 01:12 PM

This isn't really a tactic but it was a fun situation i got in with the pred. I layed a trap on a chokepoint in wreckage, a fleeing team mate lured an A and a C class in my trap both at once, trap went off killing A class, i managed to kill of the C class (wich was heavily damaged by the trap) with my T32 after a short duel. Best double kill i ever had in a pred

#18 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted April 15 2014 - 01:26 PM

I rock with the EOC Rep and EOC P.  I find too many stray enemies trying to see who took their Missile Silo and they all step on my EOC P mines and I finish them off with two rounds of EOC Rep pucks.  Although I'm probably not as good as Light or other better Preds, I can still put up a terrific fight.  :lol:  I did this while playing peek-a-boo with an enemy sniper, CRT, Assault, and a Scout (I think, but I know I did it to the B-classes I mentioned).  :P  Funny thing is, the guy on my team said Predator sucks and I got to third place.  Which was something he probably didn't expect!  Even if he got 1st place.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, April 15 2014 - 01:29 PM.

#19 BoompigXD

BoompigXD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 01:44 PM

My favorite tactic_

My favorite tactic with any mech is this:

Posted Image

#20 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted April 15 2014 - 02:20 PM

Defending the AA in Siege mode with a heavy saturation of EOC mines, then sneaking around the back of the enemy team as they assault the AA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users