HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Game Crashing

News Forum Game

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 HorsemanofWar

HorsemanofWar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted March 10 2014 - 09:41 PM

so im a fairly seasoned player and love hawken but whats really annoying me is that after about 20 minutes or so my game freezes up, the sound glitches out and stays on repeat, and then an error message pops up saying that hawken has stopped working and then im forced to close my game and start it back up again, is anyone getting the same issue_ if so PLEASE HELP im tired of getting kicked from really good matches because of this i will do my best to get screen shots of this happening and maybe even a video.

#2 RatatMan

RatatMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 04:12 AM

hi,

i got a similar problem. im also getting after about 10 to 20 mins playing a game-freeze like described above.
sometimes i also get a crash-report, but in most cases i have to restart my computer..

i have updated hawken today, nvidia driver is up to date too.

system:

intel core I5-2500k 4x 3.3 ghz
2x 4 gb kingston DDR3
Nvidia 660 ti Phantom
asrock mainboard
win 7 - 64 bit

crashreport:

http://crashreport.m.../Crashes/568616

would be thankful for help

thanks in advance

dave

#3 HorsemanofWar

HorsemanofWar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 04:44 PM

your link does not work

#4 RatatMan

RatatMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 07:02 AM

that was what i got when i copied the crashlog text.. next time i try a screenyshot

#5 ShonBANG

ShonBANG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 19 2014 - 08:21 AM

Man I'm getting the same exact thing as you described and I can agree, it's the most frustrating thing when you're in a great match with 5 min left and it starts getting super choppy and horrible frames. I get this probably 70% of the times I fire it up, and it's right around the point that you mentioned when I'm like 10-15 min into it. Ugh. Devs please fix! Also, I think we should take some screencasts of our games to log the issue..._ I never get an error report, I just finish the match derping around and trying to plink from a distance and not die so much. Then I restart Hawken.

Edited by ShonBANG, March 19 2014 - 08:22 AM.

#6 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 20 2014 - 11:32 AM

Game keeps freezing or blacking-out as soon as the scoreboard is supposed to show up. Keep having to restart to get rid of the Black-Hawken screen of death.

I've heard of other UE3 games having memory leak issues causing similar problems.

Edited by Stingz, March 20 2014 - 11:36 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#7 chilllover

chilllover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 10 2014 - 09:29 PM

I have same problem with Hawken. Don't want to play it now.

#8 [HWK]Oz

[HWK]Oz

Quality Assurance

• Adhesive Games
  • 49 posts
  • LocationProsk HQ

Posted April 11 2014 - 04:55 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I've logged an official crash ticket for this issue and Engineering will be looking into it soon (probably Monday). A few questions: 1) do you have your game installed with Steam on a non C: Drive_ 2) Have you tried verifying the integrity of your game cache_ To do this right click on Hawken in your Steam library and go to Properties>Local Files>Verify Integrity of Game Cache. Reinstalling might be a more drastic measure but something to try as a last resort.

I encourage anyone who receives a similar issue to post your crash report URL here. After you get the crash window, comment on it with as much info as possible (what you were doing before the crash and your video settings), then Ctrl+V in notepad. Post that URL here-- it's super helpful in tracking down the source of crashes.

Thanks for the reports and we'll definitely be looking into this!

#9 wammojammo

wammojammo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 13 2014 - 05:39 AM

My game also crashes after or during a match, sometimes I get an error message that my virtual memory is full sometimes the game shuts down entirely and sends me back to the desk top and finely sometimes the game freezes on a screen shot and it takes opening the task manager to shut the game down.

#10 crazyscott

crazyscott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 11:06 AM

yep, I play for about 20 minutes, and the game stops after a match or during, I have to restart hawken and log back in ....no codes though. I've tried all the help topic fixes, still same.

#11 [HWK]Oz

[HWK]Oz

Quality Assurance

• Adhesive Games
  • 49 posts
  • LocationProsk HQ

Posted April 14 2014 - 01:08 PM

Here are a couple other suggestions:

1) Make sure your drivers are up to date.
2) Try lowering your PhysX level, see if this fixes the crash.

Finally,
Please attach your DxDiag.txt if you're crashing while in-game! Thanks.

#12 Cronate

Cronate

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted July 24 2014 - 08:51 AM

I was exiting out of the game and then when I went back in this thing called a autocrash thing pops up and when I try to play that pops up so I can play. how do you fix it

#13 Cronate

Cronate

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted July 24 2014 - 08:53 AM

I was exiting out of the game and later I tried to go back into the game and a auto crash report thing pops up so when ever I try to play the report thing pops up and it will not let me play. how do I fix that

#14 Cronate

Cronate

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted July 24 2014 - 08:56 AM

the thing that pops up is called hawken crash dialog

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Forum, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users