HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Take Bunker out of map rotation

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Take Bunker out of Map Rotation (68 member(s) have cast votes)

Take Bunker out of map rotation_

1. Yes (25 votes [36.76%])

Percentage of vote: 36.76%

2. No (43 votes [63.24%])

Percentage of vote: 63.24%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Eman29

Eman29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 01:54 PM

I dread playing on this map.  If I see it coming up next I usually leave.

Posted Image

#2 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted March 11 2014 - 02:00 PM

LOL

Posted Image

#3 MechCraft

MechCraft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 02:08 PM

Make it a DM only map until it gets some more significant cover.
Beware of ninjas.

#4 Eman29

Eman29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 02:12 PM

let me point a few reasons why it sucks:
-Its hard for a losing team to recover in this map.
-Terrain favors sniper and rocketeer way too much
-Rolling hills devolve games into a blob of mechs going around clockwise with a medic that is impossible to kill with his buddies as bodyguards
-it sucks

Posted Image

#5 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted March 11 2014 - 02:43 PM

I like chocolate milk

#6 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted March 11 2014 - 02:47 PM

Selfish suggestion.  what about the people who like the map_, I read the word "remove". and that´s all, one map less in rotation just because there are a some players who don´t know how to move across that map, and develop tactics to fight back the "invincible" mechs. Is the same posts lacking of real feedback, just a bunch of mediocre players wanting to REMOVE a feature that others players do use, that include technician, hellfires, SS, etc.

Edited by StephenHawkins, March 11 2014 - 02:47 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Eman29

Eman29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 03:09 PM

View PostStephenHawkins, on March 11 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

Selfish suggestion.  what about the people who like the map_, I read the word "remove". and that´s all, one map less in rotation just because there are a some players who don´t know how to move across that map, and develop tactics to fight back the "invincible" mechs. Is the same posts lacking of real feedback, just a bunch of mediocre players wanting to REMOVE a feature that others players do use, that include technician, hellfires, SS, etc.

what do you think polls are for mate_
to get a concensus. If the majority agree, its not selfish at all.

Posted Image

#8 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted March 11 2014 - 03:13 PM

Polls on this forum don´t say anything, this thread has 55 views and 8 votes at the moment. A lot of people won´t give a fuzzy bunny, and people who like the map, won´t come to search and vote positivelly and defend bunker. the true is:  people who has something negative to say, will always show up, before those who have something positive. true story.

Posted Image

#9 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted March 11 2014 - 03:17 PM

View Postcraftydus, on March 11 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

I like chocolate milk
Yea, what he said! -_-

#10 Eman29

Eman29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 03:54 PM

View PostStephenHawkins, on March 11 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

Polls on this forum don´t say anything, this thread has 55 views and 8 votes at the moment. A lot of people won´t give a fuzzy bunny, and people who like the map, won´t come to search and vote positivelly and defend bunker. the true is:  people who has something negative to say, will always show up, before those who have something positive. true story.

your logic makes no sense.  people who come to the polls section aren't predisposted to not like bunker.  
So people who DONT like the map, wont come to search and vote negatively to attack bunker either. (True story)
Anyone who's browsing the forums is a sample size, while not a good indicicator of the game population, but still as good as we can get.

Your not being very constructive. Actually I think your being selfish disregarding what others think and taking your opinion as fact.

Posted Image

#11 MechCraft

MechCraft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 04:08 PM

View PostStephenHawkins, on March 11 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

Polls on this forum don´t say anything.

Then maybe you should ask around. Bunker is widely considered one of the worst maps in the game among higher ranked players, and the map has several glaring design flaws which often make it a chore to play on. Small radius + low rolling hills + minimal hard cover = hellfire/sniper heaven.

In DM it's less of an issue since everyone's out to murder everyone so flying around is generally suicide, but in TDM/MA the map can get intolerable very quickly. Long range suppression mechs can very easily get firing angles on huge portions of the map, and the tiny map size + lack of hard cover means there's very few counterplay options. I'm sorry but low hills simply aren't enough - HF volleys can very easily arc over them and snipers can very easily reposition and reestablish LoS around them. Bunker need more walls, more rocks, more sharp vertical cover - until it gets them, it'll always be a hellfire hive.

In the meantime, strip that garbage from the TDM/MA rotations so I don't have to go through that trash to get to Wreckage.
Beware of ninjas.

#12 Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 04:57 PM

I had awesome matches on that map. So many people get butthurt and leave if a match starts uneven. Did i get destroyed on that map_ Hell yes! But that was just reason to try out different tactics and mechas. If you have a good team, you are gonna have a  blast, if not, then no map will be fun. I think it is a great addition to the map circle. You want no variety_ I don´t get it..seriously..this community..sometimes...i don´t even....

edit:
oh and look at that: https://community.pl...m-map-rotation/

i haven´t looked, but highly possible we have a thread like that on any map in the circle...

Edited by Aelita, March 11 2014 - 05:09 PM.

#13 Eman29

Eman29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 05:09 PM

View PostAelita, on March 11 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

You want no variety_ I don´t get it..seriously..this community..sometimes...i don´t even....

Of course we want variety.  But we want good maps too. Too much to ask_
If you read up on it, Bunker was made in a day and it was only supposed to be an experiment, before higher ups chose to release it.

Posted Image

#14 Eman29

Eman29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 05:23 PM

I had awesome matches on that map. So many people get butthurt and leave if a match starts uneven. Did i get destroyed on that map_ Hell yes! But that was just reason to try out different tactics and mechas. If you have a good team, you are gonna have a  blast, if not, then no map will be fun. I think it is a great addition to the map circle. You want no variety_ I don´t get it..seriously..this community..sometimes...i don´t even....

edit:

i haven´t looked, but highly possible we have a thread like that on any map in the circle...

addressing your edit: He's asking for system requirement reasons. it crashes your computer.
Way to go full fuzzy bunny.

Posted Image

#15 Cloudstorm

Cloudstorm

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationAlfheim

Posted March 11 2014 - 10:19 PM

Still cannot work out why people have issues with this map, it's one of the best maps in the suite. Certainly you have to be very aware of where you are and what line of sites you are exposed to if you do that it's a great map.
It's also a map where standing still is death and straying from the team shall we say is not in yor best interest!
Have fun good gaming to all.

#16 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 11:01 PM

View PostCloudstorm, on March 11 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

Still cannot work out why people have issues with this map, it's one of the best maps in the suite. Certainly you have to be very aware of where you are and what line of sites you are exposed to if you do that it's a great map.

The only cover are those tall rock pillars that stick out of the ground, everything else you can arc Hellfire missile over if you point your mouse to the sky as soon as you fire. Really, all those snow mounts that cover the entire map is completely useless against hellfires. It's not fun when the whole match turns into a shooting range because you can't get close without taking a lot of damage, not with the **** amount of cover the map has. Like the dev said, it's fun if you don't have a hellfire mech on it but then again how many people play by the honor code.

View PostCloudstorm, on March 11 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

It's also a map where standing still is death and straying from the team shall we say is not in yor best interest!

That's basically every map.

edit:

Bunker, Last Eco, Sahara and Uptown are known as the least balanced maps in the game. Even the developers have been aware of the glaring map balance problems with Sahara since Closed Beta and are finally looking into changing the map as it is one sided with all the chokepoints, it's been redone multiple times already. Uptown is another old map that has been complained about for it's spawns and lack of flanking routes.

Last Eco is a very new map but still has some balance issues when it comes to ranged mechs. Bunker, our brand new map, was made in a day. A day. How the **** do you balance a map in a day_ You don't and it's not, at all. The best I can think of was it is a rush job to shove new content out for the steam patch because the majority of the content was balance passes.

Edited by Sylhiri, March 11 2014 - 11:12 PM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#17 Cloudstorm

Cloudstorm

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationAlfheim

Posted March 11 2014 - 11:27 PM

The comments on the hellfire is true withe respect to lock but than can be broken in the sense of put yourself behind something that takes the hit as soon as you hear the lock. I play the reaper on the map and despite its fragile nature not hard to take out those chubby c class mechs.Strongly suggest keep trying.

#18 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 11:54 PM

View PostCloudstorm, on March 11 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

The comments on the hellfire is true withe respect to lock but than can be broken in the sense of put yourself behind something that takes the hit as soon as you hear the lock.

Taking out a rocketeer with a sniper is easy, try something that doesn't have a sabot or hellfire option. By the time you get within range, they already moved to a safe spot or your dying. Of course you don't see why people don't like that map, your playing a ranged mech on a map that is dominated by ranged mechs.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#19 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted March 12 2014 - 12:23 AM

Personally I hate this map. I can see it's potential but it needs some tweaking (some more cover for a start).
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#20 Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 08:20 AM

addressing your edit: He's asking for system requirement reasons. it crashes your computer.
Way to go full fuzzy bunny.

yeah thats how the loud on do it. ignore all the positives and pick on me to cement your statement. just skip that map and let the rest of us have fun on it.

Also. Dude has a weak computer and wants a map removed...whose talking fuzzy bunny here_

Edited by Aelita, March 12 2014 - 08:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users