HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Are the Steam bundles worth it_

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jynx104

Jynx104

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 05:01 PM

I have some extra cash and just getting into this game I really like it and I decided I am willing to spend some real life cash on it to support the dev's. That being said, are the bundurus that are on Steam worth buying_ Do any of you have them_

Thanks a lot.

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted March 11 2014 - 05:16 PM

I think the current bundles are only worth buying if:
  • you want the specific selection of mechs included in the bundle and
  • you don't like grinding or you don't have the time to grind for new mechs
You can get all of those mechs by just playing the game after all.

If you're not sure if you like the mechs included in the bundles check out these guides:

Edited by ReEvolve, March 11 2014 - 05:20 PM.

#3 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted March 11 2014 - 07:27 PM

I think for new players the bundles are a great deal, especially ones that start off on sale. A chance to get multiple mechs at a fraction of the cost and real time it would take to get them otherwise is generally worth it if you're willing to part with some cash.

Posted Image

#4 Fatal3RRoR

Fatal3RRoR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 10:08 PM

View PostReEvolve, on March 11 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

I think the current bundles are only worth buying if:
  • you want the specific selection of mechs included in the bundle and
  • you don't like grinding or you don't have the time to grind for new mechs
You can get all of those mechs by just playing the game after all.

If you're not sure if you like the mechs included in the bundles check out these guides:
What about those of us who spent and ground our Mechs & points to max them on an account to have all the mechs now we have none of the ones we worked for ....

#5 Phantasmo

Phantasmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 07:22 AM

Bundles are a great deal considering how long does it take to grind for a mech in this game.

#6 DEATHL0K

DEATHL0K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted March 15 2014 - 06:07 AM

Looking at the new ones . . . I'd be hard-pressed to recommend the Battle brigade to a friend. The Nemesis bundle was much more generous for the same price. I had purchased three of those for myself and family. The Prosk bundle is too expensive at $20 (it was just on sale for $10).

Get the Initiate bundle, because you get two good mechs and 720 Meteor credits (same as the $30 Battle Brigade bundle). While you level those two mechs up, you will earn Hawken credits with which to buy other mechs, should you choose to stay with the game.

Beware the learning cliff curve.

#7 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 15 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostDEATHL0K, on March 15 2014 - 06:07 AM, said:

Looking at the new ones . . . I'd be hard-pressed to recommend the Battle brigade to a friend. The Nemesis bundle was much more generous for the same price. I had purchased three of those for myself and family. The Prosk bundle is too expensive at $20 (it was just on sale for $10).

Get the Initiate bundle, because you get two good mechs and 720 Meteor credits (same as the $30 Battle Brigade bundle). While you level those two mechs up, you will earn Hawken credits with which to buy other mechs, should you choose to stay with the game.

Beware the learning cliff curve.

The reason why the Nemesis bundle was great was because the price was much lower than what the overall price for all the mechs/cosmetic stuff was for separately.  The actual price for the bundle would have been at least above $100.  You could say that the price cut was a thank you for getting into the game and trying it out.  The Battle Brigade bundle is priced correctly, as the MCs for the mechs is the exact same price (or close to it).

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, March 15 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#8 RedRumOnE

RedRumOnE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Location[Doing battle.]: Learning great truths.

Posted March 15 2014 - 04:37 PM

No, it's not worth it if you want to maintain interest in the game for a long period of time.

http://www.twitch.tv/red_rum_one

Posted Image

We want what we can't have and will work till we fail to get it. Only then will we learn, overcome, and conquer because it takes a million folleys to make a masterpiece.

#9 DEATHL0K

DEATHL0K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 03:46 AM

Well, there's cost, and then there is value. They aren't interchangeable.

Edited by DEATHL0K, March 16 2014 - 03:47 AM.

#10 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 07:39 PM

Yes! Dear god yes!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users