HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Melee Attacks _

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 08:06 PM

View PostArnieF4440, on April 08 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

View PostreVelske, on April 08 2014 - 03:19 AM, said:

I think game needs more collision damage to alleviate people's desire for melee. More damage from sitting on people, dealing damage from boosting head first into someone, I'd love to just ram my Raider into everyone with Blitz on.
Hehe, an idea thats been debated in the past. I think its a good addition, although we do have the goomba stomp (still_ I think, gotta play more XD). Games like WoT do have collision damage and how effective it is is based on speed, weight, and duration.
Since when are you back onto the forums_ AND STOP IT WITH THE MELEE THREADS THIS ISN'T WARFRAME.

Edited by Bazookagofer, April 08 2014 - 08:06 PM.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#22 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 09:02 PM

View PostBazookagofer, on April 08 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

I think game needs more collision damage to alleviate people's desire for melee. More damage from sitting on people, dealing damage from boosting head first into someone, I'd love to just ram my Raider into everyone with Blitz on.
Hehe, an idea thats been debated in the past. I think its a good addition, although we do have the goomba stomp (still_ I think, gotta play more XD). Games like WoT do have collision damage and how effective it is is based on speed, weight, and duration.
Since when are you back onto the forums_ AND STOP IT WITH THE MELEE THREADS THIS ISN'T WARFRAME.

Worst game to compare to sir... This is just an idea what is not completely refined in to a suggestion. So quit crying there and use bad games to compare on.

#23 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted April 09 2014 - 12:12 AM

Since when are you back onto the forums_-snip-
since ... now
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#24 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted April 09 2014 - 04:06 PM

View PostBattlesbreak, on April 08 2014 - 03:13 AM, said:

View PostSuperSpartacus, on April 06 2014 - 06:42 AM, said:

View PostIronClamp, on April 04 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Or it doesn't fit my idea of 'uber fuzzy bunny you up close range'

So basically you're saying you think the game should have one hit kills_

NO! Only melee weapons what deals alerting amount of damage but doesn't one shot. Around 10% of enemy mech's health if melee weapon would deal damage I would count it okay.
I didn't intend to suggest one-hitters, just something that really fuzzy bunny up an Axe in really close quarters (I think of Uptown, but don't quote me on that because I have yet to play on that map and see it's problems/advantages).

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#25 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted April 09 2014 - 04:43 PM

View PostBattlesbreak, on April 08 2014 - 09:02 PM, said:

Worst game to compare to sir... This is just an idea what is not completely refined in to a suggestion. So quit crying there and use bad games to compare on.
A i am not crying that is first of all... and B warframe isnt a bad game... they just made the grind a bit weird ...

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#26 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted April 09 2014 - 09:07 PM

View PostBazookagofer, on April 09 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

A i am not crying that is first of all... and B warframe isnt a bad game... they just made the grind a bit weird ...
*reads the word "Grind"* Excuse me I need to go vomit *vomits on toilet* Because of that grind, difference in scale and it is on beta like HAWKEN that game is seriously distasteful and DE should have done more process on the game before putting it to open. + All the warframes literally knows nothing about difficulty. Even if HAWKEN is mostly based on PvP (but has PvE function) I can say that I have had been happier to play this than warframe's bull fuzzy bunny what is repeated at your face. I can rate HAWKEN much better game than Warframe because how it is yet builded and presented to players on tutorials. I didn't get really good tutorial from Warframe at my opinion when I started. But honestly I am not saying that Warframe is not bad. It is only badly presented and yet even if it is on open beta there is still tons of mistakes and things to vomit your fuzzy bunny out about.

Edited by Battlesbreak, April 09 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#27 PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationWestern Wisconsin

Posted April 10 2014 - 09:17 AM

In Phantom Crash there used to be sweet melee weapons.  Like a big drill thrust thing and a large blade thrust thing and they fit okay.

#28 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted April 17 2014 - 07:22 AM

View PostPoopSlinger, on April 10 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

In Phantom Crash there used to be sweet melee weapons.  Like a big drill thrust thing and a large blade thrust thing and they fit okay.
And those are more appropriate (also match more of my idea of an Hawken melee weapon)

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users