HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Rapid fire weapons need a nerf

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Amisto

Amisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted March 18 2014 - 11:04 AM

I have to agree, Sustained fire weapons need a nerf, yes they are less effective than burst weapons, the problem is, they are still overall too effective, The range accuracy and damage are too high, the problem comes when you are facing more than one enemy, if 2 or more sustained weapons fire on an A Class, they must immediately move to cover or will be mowed down very quickly.  the combination of lowering health and also buffing sustained is too much, I still play A class, but many times if I am facing decent opponents, or any teams using multiple hellfires mechs,  I find that running Assault or Vengie is way more effective than running an A class, and I am one of the better A class pilots playing.  I die way more often than I ever used to as A class, many times just due to stray bullets being sprayed at me from across the map.

additionally, Berzerker dps is a tad ridiculous with the ability.  

Classes I feel require little to no skill to be very effective with

Berserker
Rocketeer
Bruiser
Assault - to a lesser degree, but the amount of health might be lowered - maybe down to 475

#22 Sarbus

Sarbus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted March 18 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostStingz, on March 18 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

View PostSarbus, on March 18 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

Exactly, you just proved my point. Vanguard and Incinerator have RFWs which are superb. And when I say zerg I don't mean the mindless rush that new players do. Grenade launcher takes 4-5 direct hits to kill a B-mech and has slow reload. Any RFW will deal more than enough dps to kill you first.

Vanguard Turret mode is somewhere about 50% damage resistance, good luck breaking that.

Grenadier turret mode is extra damage, and it packs 2 Grenade Launchers stock (Rev-GL +GL).
You don't even need line of sight to bounce and hit with grenades(massive splash is a bonus).

DPS only matters if you can hit an opponent for long enough.
Burst is wham there goes 1/3 of your health, and the opponent is already behind cover.
Yes that is true. As I said previously however, Grenadier is only effective on maps that have confined areas or choke points so the enemy can't fly safely to dodge your grenades. This is going off topic though; the point of this thread is to discuss the power of RFWs versus burst weapons in general, not what is the best strat versus deathballs.

#23 Foraven

Foraven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted March 23 2014 - 10:40 AM

View PostSarbus, on March 17 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

The submachine cannon, point-d vulcan, and assault rifle need a dps and effective range nerf. They have very long range, are easy to use, have crazy dps and are very forgiving if you have bad aim. A-mechs are completely useless because of these weapons. I understand that there should be weapons that are good against dodge tactics, but they shouldn't deal upwards of 40+ dps than most other weapons in the game. Since their dps is so high they can beat weapons like the TOW at corner play if they are on B-mechs. It's the reason why every match has 5+ assaults and it's getting annoying. I have never seen assault zergs lose a match.

Funny because it's the only thing that prevent A class from owning everything. Unfortunately, that also mean the fast firing weapons are just as good at killing every other mechs as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users