HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Predator with Repeater or Breacher_

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted April 01 2014 - 03:52 PM

to reach my predator to rank 5 I was using the t32,started to use the breacher 3 months ago,I loved it but was a bit annoyed of the slow speed of it,after the new patch and the small dmg buff on the t32 I found it more useful to counter al the a-classes or dancing around 2 enemies till my help arrives.

#22 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 01 2014 - 06:55 PM

I like the Breacher, but I love the EOC Repeater. It is MUCH more difficult to use, but you are rewarded with so much damage in return. Catching a tech that's busy repairing a teammate, give him a full 6 pucks, an HE charge and a mine, followed up with just one more well placed mine and that tech is gone. Or just destroy that poor C class who just can't run away from your mines. And while you escape, just make sure you make it painful to follow you.

EOC just cranks out damage once you learn how to use it. It's not nearly as forgiving as the T32 or Breacher, but it is far from useless. Hell, you can even give that camping sniper a hard time. The explosive damage they deal doesn't have a damage drop off if you land direct hits. 6 pucks to a sniper's grill will make them at least duck away. It's not easy, but some of the best predators I ran into were using the Repeater.

Best way to use it is by surprise. If you aren't seen, feel free to unload a full salvo on them before ducking behind cover. Place mines where they have to walk to reach you, and when you can, blast them in the face with mines and pucks. However if you find yourself on the front with your team, just spam the puck out of it (hehe, get it_) into the feet of your enemies. Works really good against groups because it's bound to hit someone or they'll step on the mines.

The weapon is best used at mid range, but at close range or faster moving targets, start by aiming right at your target. Once your reticule is right on them, fire (fully charging helps) and sweep the gun like a sword in the direction they are moving. Again, aim at their feet so you get the better chance of them walking into the pucks. For flying enemies, don't try to airshot them, just dodge until they have to land. Once they land, you have a split second window where they can't move. So fire where you think they'll land, just before they do, and they can't avoid the volley (unless they're too far but you'll still hit them with most).

This is just my experience, though.

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, April 01 2014 - 07:09 PM.

Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#23 T_Bird

T_Bird

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted April 07 2014 - 01:47 PM

I'm still learning, but so far I prefer the EOC x2 Combo.
I just turned rank 3, but I purchased an early unlock to get the EOC combo.
What I do is that I cloak and charge my EOC R and walk around looking for a victim.
Then I unleash an EOC R + EOC P combo and take cover, on targets that are not side dodging it is very hard hitting.
See my little video for reference: http://youtu.be/EVN71X2zACw
(look at the last kill, I did 67% of the damage on that kill, close range bonus love)

If your targets start to side doge you wont be able to get a direct hit, then instead try to shoot the ground/feet.
If they start flying and doge in air, your are screwed....

As I turned rank 3 today, I havnt got time to test the Bolt yet.

Edited by T_Bird, April 07 2014 - 01:52 PM.

#24 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted April 11 2014 - 01:43 AM

Predator was one of the first mechs I bought. Became severely disappointed in the T32, so I stuck with my breacher and ignored the EOC. I wasn't terrific with the pred so when I got a scout I leveled it up and bought the heat cannon. If you can use the heat cannon effectively, get the repeater. You can use the repeater in a very similar fashion to either the breacher or the heat cannon (charge, burst, duck back into cover) with very high damage.
Another thing to keep in mind is that you can lay absolutely massive short term mine fields. Something like 18 repeater mines at any given time, so you can pretty much just spray them into a firefight and watch as multiple opponent's health dwindles. You can use it pretty well 1v1 too if you've mastered the breacher and the EOC Pred. I highly recommend giving it a try. If you're good with a breacher on your predator, you might be even better with an EOC Repeater. I routinely win 1 on 1 fights with the repeater. It's a very versatile weapon, and you can use it several ways within a single firefight: direct hit charged, uncharged, sweep while they're moving to guarantee one or two hits at least, set additional short term mines when someone's chasing you, fire blindly into a cluster of enemies; the options are pretty limitless.
Posted Image

#25 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 11 2014 - 06:00 AM

from my experance with the infiltrator, the eoc is very good for corner play, it hits harder then any flak and has a bit more range, but hitting is much harder. I have not perfected it yet, but in corner play, I can at the least be very dangrous and hard to kill. I will later on try with the pred a bit more,  but I would suggest that your practice a lot with the eoc on the infiltrator first. it helps alot.

#26 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPredator Pilot of prosk army

Posted April 11 2014 - 10:20 PM

i use eoc repeater on predator just for long range killing

Posted Image

#27 Wraithknight

Wraithknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted April 27 2014 - 12:25 PM

In my brief experience the EOC-Repeater is by far my favourite on the Pred.  I find the breacher clumsy and weird to use.  I use the T-32 sometimes when I feel like face-hugging C-classes but the EOC-Repeater is just so damn versatile.  You can use it at long range, close range, mid range, to set up traps, to bait, corner-play, it's good for everything.  With the new patch you set up 8 EOC-P Mines and just sit and wait, if all of them hit an A/B class one charged EOC-R blast will finish them off easy (I also run HE-MKIII for insurance).  I had a guy so freaking angry the other day just by mining his most common path and killing him every time he dared to assume I had given up on him :P.  I use the T-32 for maps like Last Eco or Bazaar where I can't rely on tight choke points and have to get up close.

#28 ArgosRho

ArgosRho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted April 27 2014 - 03:59 PM

Without a doubt, the EOC-R is one of the best decisions I made sticking with predator. I say that with one big BUT at the end however.

Two key things to notice:
1- Support and spike damage will be a major boon and your main playstyle with the EOC-R/EOC-P combo.
2- Head to head fighting in a one on one environment may or may not go very well, no matter the class, lack of hitscan weapons and constant damage will be very tense for you.

On point one-

Support damage will be something of a thing when you are out of cloak, or your team needs the extra "oomph" of damage that only you can provide. On AA points and other choke areas, you will find that spamming the floor with a network of mines can do wonders for taking out techs and light classes that dash here and there in a concentrated area. With the pure suppression power of your team on them, along with your supplemental damage, you'll find a lot of assist numbers and even quite a few kills.

Spike damage on the other hand, will become the name of the game when you go on the hunt. Repairing mechs and A classes will find their health plummeting from a full charge of EOC-R with a single mine, leaving them with little to no HP and in a panic to dodge. Either finish them off or simply walk away, they will be out of combat for even longer, meaning they are for all intents and purposes worthless to the team. But in most cases, simply finish them off with a few well placed mines and eoc shots and watch them tumble.

On point two-

Head to head fighting is the most butt clenching moments of the game, point blank.
If you get busted, your best bet is to evade back into your friends and run. Unless you have MAGNIFICENT timing and the ability to land every shot, you just cant out-do the constant damage output of most classes. Try to avoid combat in the most direct fashion, period. Dodge direct combat and prey on the weak, that's your job as a predator. Take advantage of your allies and don't try to be a hero, if you see an ally about to get swarmed, warn him, try to help from a distance; but never try to be a hero. We're wolves and vultures, not tanks.

Final note:
If you stick with EOCR and EOCP, you're in for some pain until you get used to it. But once you know the ways of the predator, assassination will never have been so easy.

#29 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 28 2014 - 07:19 AM

I still stand firm on the breacher. This is the most versatile weapon due to being hit scan.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#30 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 28 2014 - 08:10 AM

View PostLightangel112, on April 28 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

I still stand firm on the breacher. This is the most versatile weapon due to being hit scan.

Not only hitscan, it can be fired in 2 different ways.
It can also make the reload shorter by charging up.
EOC R and Breacher do about the same damage, but Breacher is superior for direct, in-your-face 1v1s.

EOC R is superior for corner poking if the enemy doesn't know what SPACE BAR is.
The dual EOC combo is better for area denial, trap, etc.
Dual EOC isn't useless in direct 1v1s, as I have killed tons of people that way with it,
but Breacher is simply superior in that aspect.

I haven't played with the T32-BOLT at all, but people seem to say it's close to the Breacher in terms of performance.

View PostArgosRho, on April 27 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

Repairing mechs and A classes will find their health plummeting from a full charge of EOC-R with a single mine, leaving them with little to no HP and in a panic to dodge.

Breacher can do the same, but even easier, as an uncharged Breacher is easier to hit with then an EOC P round.
Especially on a panicking A class.

I'm talking about the charged+uncharged combo here for the people who don't know it yet.
(probably about nobody though)

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on April 01 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

For flying enemies, don't try to airshot them, just dodge until they have to land.

..Or simply learn how to hit aerial targets with EOC weaponry.
It's hard, but it works alot better then dodging untill they land.

Edited by Meraple, April 28 2014 - 08:15 AM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#31 ArgosRho

ArgosRho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted April 29 2014 - 09:54 PM

View PostMeraple, on April 28 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

Each to his own mate, my tactics have worked fine in my case, I try to remain grounded and handle my targets as they move. I don't like hit-scans, and find they actually make my aim WORSE.
But again, to each his own. You can bring however many valid points you feel are correct, and I will agree, for your play-style they work.
On an added note, most enemies are gravely vulnerable once they land, for that half second they are immobile, I can put the drop on them. Yes the breacher can do it in the air, but I don't trust its spread and need for combo shooting when I can depend on a good ol' burst one-two punch, that in added effect causes ground denial to other players and potentially a hazard to the enemy I'm currently facing.
Beyond that, most, if not 90% of my kills come from enemies I can pick off. People either healing, or distracted, I dislike head to head fights and never want to be in a position to deal with one.

#32 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted May 03 2014 - 10:39 PM

breacher, because you can snipe and finish people when needed.
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#33 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted May 07 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostMeraple, on April 28 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on April 01 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

For flying enemies, don't try to airshot them, just dodge until they have to land.

I wrote this when I was still fairly new with the EOC repeater. Now I can land airshots without too much problem.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#34 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 14 2014 - 10:56 AM

Eoc repeater is a awesome weapon but it has the  steepest learning curves in the game. To be effictive with it I  would sugest a few things.

1 Use predator ...  eoc weapons complement each other you want burst dammage. He is king of burst dammage

2 Learn coner play or peek a boo stratages these work best with burst weapons ... do it well and you will take little or no damage.[

3 When somone is in chasing you do not flee unless nessacary back up and spam mines in front of them as they advance they will kill themselfs before you die if you doge a bit

4 Predators heat vision makes conerplay easer as well as when you are not activally using coner play you can use it to flank with impuinity and get the added dammage to c class fluffy back side

5 Sit back and mine escape routes of the other team when they turn arount to flee the advancing team they back up or turn an boom. In a  panic if they try to take to the air to go over detanate the mines blast goes up.  

6 Flank flank flank , eoc weapons are the best nasty suprise in the game when used with skill.

7  Never aim at a target unless they are stationary or boosting straight in one direction ..... always aim for where they will go next ...   aim at feet or hip level

8 Get airborn , eoc repeater and eoc pred acualy benefit from the added hight ... but by no means stay there long as this will mean certen death for any mech this is best used with the AC and when you enemy is not facing you. use with descression.

9 Get a sheild and make sheild traps with eoc repeater and eoc preditor ... drop 8 eoc stand in the sheild untill the try to enter drop 6 eoc repeater mins befor you exit detante.

10 plan plan plan .... I can not stress this enought .... you need to acess position of mechs and where  they will go next otherwise you are just wasting mines and heat and giving away your position.

11 . ( side note mines can be used for early detection and alarms when repairing or setting up more complex traps.)

Note when setting up traps always start with eoc predator then repeater ... trust me

I hope this helps you get the most out of the eoc repeater

Edited by Source_Mystic, October 14 2014 - 11:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users