HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

So, what mech uses the EOC Repeater most effectively_

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 SquirrelDash

SquirrelDash

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted May 12 2014 - 09:59 PM

breacher is hitscan, charged or not.  "bullet travel" should be instantaneous.

#22 Aderan_

Aderan_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted May 15 2014 - 01:36 PM

For the rocketeer and raider,
Raider: since it's supposed to be a blitzing-holy-****-in-your-face mech, I think the Reflak or T-32 are a better fit for it's hit and run style.
Rocketeer: Although the Seeker is really great for open maps (Siege on Last Eco), it lacks in situations with a lot of corners (siege or TDM on origin, etc.) because it has to lock on to be significantly successful. I think the heat cannon or EOC Repeater would fit it well for managing corner play. Also, as someone else on this thread mentioned, the EOC controls the ground well as the hellfires control the air, great combination.

I personally like the EOC Repeater on the Pred. Combined with the EOC Predator, it's great for saturating an area with damage (especially at the AA of any siege match) and when being chased, it's much more deterring to the chaser who has to run over a line of 4 pucks (3 Repaeter + 1 Predator) rather than just 1 predator puck.

Regarding the infil, I'm a heat infiltrator player myself, just because of the combined splash damage from a charged heat shot and manually detonated GL. I've been debating whether to sink the credits in the EOC R for my infil, even though I'm pretty comfortable with the heat cannon. I've had a lot of success with the Repeater on the Pred, and im wondering if it will transition to the infi just as much.

Overall, I think a good question to ask is what does the EOC Repeater excel at, and as you can probably tell: area control.
If you want something that can lock down an area, and deny entry, the repeater is your weapon. I think it's one of the most futuristic, unique, and powerful weapons in the game when used correctly.

Just figure out what situation gonna use it for, and purchase it for the corresponding mech you'll use in that specific setting.

Hope it helps!

#23 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted May 16 2014 - 12:37 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on April 02 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

It's most easily used on the Infiltrator, for sure.

I personally love the Mid-range devastation I can pull off with it on my infiltrator and raider without giving my enemies a chance to corner me. I also like the raw damage when alpha striking someone in my predator with it. Very satisfying. However I haven't used it on the Rocketeer as of yet, so I can't really say anything on that subject.
Okay, I have gotten the EOC on my rocketeer and I like it quite a bit. Not as good for direct combat as the Heat Cannon or easy to use like the seeker, but it's still great for suppression. If you have a good team backing you up, their skies will burn with hellfire and their ground will crumble beneath their feet (translation: anything flying will get hit with your hellfire rockets, and anything walking will have to watch for your EOC pucks). Also great for corner play if you dumb-fire the rockets with a full EOC volley. Hard to pull off, but so satisfying.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#24 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted May 17 2014 - 01:53 AM

EOC Raider for me, Because KLA.

I love that Grenade mode. Mirv mode I only use with the T32.

Infiltrator with EOC is a great mech, but the Raider with EOC is great for support.
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#25 KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLast Sighted: Praxis Valley

Posted May 17 2014 - 10:24 PM

I don't use the EOC Repeater for the following:
A. I don't like it.
B. I don't have a mech it would work well with it.
C. EOC Repeating Preds are rarely used correctly, and thus give the Predator a bad name.

I have seen the mechs in combat, and can honestly say that in a majority, it doesn't belong on Predators.
I'm not saying ALL Pred pilots use it wrong, but those that do are in a vast majority. I honestly have yet to run into a Predator that I will call "skillful" with that particular weapon attached. As far as I can tell, those that use it only use it for area control, which if you're a Pred, isn't always right.

Now I've seen a few Raiders using it, and I will say that those that do are fearsome competitors. They don't fire it until they're in your grill, and I promise you they won't be there for long. They use it the way it was designed to, a burst weapon with intensive dps. They don't spray it about and let people walk into it, they fire at you and avidly try not to miss.
Posted Image

eth0 said:

are you made of cupcakes and puppies_

View PostSylhiri, on July 13 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

Never underestimate the power of the epeen.

View PostSatelliteJack, on July 13 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Droppin' wisdom bombs

#26 ninjab3ta

ninjab3ta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 12:37 PM

I have only used the EOC R on my infiltrator, but I have to say I like it better than the Heat cannon (though this is probably more due to me not being very good with the heat  >.<). Full EOC charge + GL shot is one of the highest bursts in the game (highest for any Class-A I believe), and with the camouflage can be devastating as a flanker. Mostly because on corner-y maps like Wreckage you can dodge around a corner, pop EOC mines on the ground/wall and lob a grenade at the corner, and by the second corner the enemy chasing you is either becomes acutely aware of his diminishing health and break off the chase, or tries the third corner and dies.

Plus it's lots of fun shooting at someone with it and missing, only to have them dodge over your 6-mine pot-hole just as you hit them with another burst and go from half to 0.

Edited by ninjab3ta, May 18 2014 - 12:37 PM.

#27 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted June 29 2014 - 07:51 PM

I love using the Repeater Predator. Thermal vision allows me to sneak behind my enemies then hose 'em down with EOC R and EOC P mines.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View PostEliteShooter, on September 20 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

I eat cats too. Does that interest you_

#28 Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted July 03 2014 - 12:46 AM

I would say Raider is the best with the EOC because of CQC and it means that the Raider has a bit more of a hit and run style weapon.

#29 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted July 11 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostRainbow_Sheep, on July 03 2014 - 12:46 AM, said:

I would say Raider is the best with the EOC because of CQC and it means that the Raider has a bit more of a hit and run style weapon.
Actually, an EOC Raider will have a bit more difficulty with CQC than a Reflak or Bolt raider due to the Repeater's slow firing rate. An EOC Raider is essentially a mid-range Bolt raider. Besides, using the Repeater in CQC is not recomended for newer players, because your aim and timing both have to be dead on or else you'll be... well... dead. The repeater is one of my favorites and even after using the weapon on all the mechs that have it for as long as I have been playing, CQC is still tough for me to pull off.

While an EOC raider may have more burst damage than and EOC infiltrator and is better along those lines, the EOC raider is certainly far less forgiving.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users