HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Reflak VS T32-Bolt

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 H83R

H83R

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationTetovo, Macedonia

Posted April 02 2014 - 05:22 AM

I was using the bolt before wreckage update and i had great success with peckaboo one-two...latelly after all the updates i noticed the reflak got me more success and the bolt is kinda meh now...didn't notice difference in dmg when charged shot,only bigger spread...and the numbers say reflak has more dmg and it's full auto,not click-charge-shoot...any opinions/tips_
Posted Image

#2 Breech

Breech

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 05:37 AM

Most stats don't say anything. They are screwed up. A charged up bolt + alt. fire Corsair in blitz mode can fk the enemy really up. I had my best matches with this combination. I always tried to catch them while they are repairing but mostly they were already done but I still killed them. The reflak is for 1on1 counters much better. Bolt more for "surprise mthfka".

Edited by Breech, April 02 2014 - 05:38 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted April 02 2014 - 05:42 AM

T-32 has 4 stages of charged, charge it up outside of combat and when you aren't on target.
Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#4 H83R

H83R

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 05:51 AM

Surprise mothfka hahaha :P you sir just made my day lol...anyway,i know the reflak is better for 1v1 and the bolt for alpha striking with mirv combo but,the legend says that the charged bolt shot has same dmg as flak shot,but the way i see it it only gets bigger spread...my type of gameplay is fast-in-alpha-little more dmg-get out without getting killed...and since they increased the kla/mirv reload time i tend to do less dmg due to reload time with the bolt,and on the other hand i have bigger overheat control with the bolt which is better than leaving the enemy with very low hp and overheat then get killed and see that i left him/her bellow 50 hp... :/
Posted Image

#5 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 06:18 AM

Burst T-32 hands down.
Sustain, go for re-flak k.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#6 H83R

H83R

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 06:28 AM

Posted Image

#7 GreenEggsAndSamZ

GreenEggsAndSamZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted April 05 2014 - 02:08 AM

1.92 kda with Raider here, so I have a little bit of credibility.

Definitely the bolt. The way I use it, I charge it behind cover then walk out of cover, unload with both charged bolt and shotgun-version corsair, then dodge back behind cover. Little to no chance for most players. Course, it has pretty okay DPS if you spam it, but I prefer charging it for a bigger punch. If the corsair had a 2 sec cd, it would be so cool to get a one TWO punch every 2 seconds with fully charged bolt and corsair. It can easily deal 90-99% of a technician's health, so he's easily killed by a follow up shot of a non-charged bolt. For most A classes barring zerk, the combo easily deals 80% of their health.

The reflak has slightly better and more consistent dps, but not by much. It also lacks the burst of the bolt so I can't really take advantage of a surprise attack, even with a corsair shotgun hit.
Posted Image

#8 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 14 2014 - 04:43 AM

View PostBreech, on April 02 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

The reflak is for 1on1 counters much better.

LOL
......No.
Just no.

It's only better if the BOLT pilot doesn't know how to corner poke.
You're obviously talking about playing with bad people, as they don't know how to corner poke you to death.

And on top of that, it overheats like hell.

The EOC is even better for 1v1's when used well, but this thread's not about the EOC, sadly.

View PostGreenEggsAndSamZ, on April 05 2014 - 02:08 AM, said:

I used to have a <1 KD Ratio with my old Raider from back when I sucked, now it's 1.72.
My newer Raider has a KD Ratio of 2.72.

I think I have a bit more credibility.
Thus, I'd like to confirm that your entire post is pretty much true.

Edited by Meraple, April 14 2014 - 04:48 AM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#9 GreenEggsAndSamZ

GreenEggsAndSamZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 04:01 AM

View PostMeraple, on April 14 2014 - 04:43 AM, said:

View PostBreech, on April 02 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

The reflak is for 1on1 counters much better.

LOL
......No.
Just no.

It's only better if the BOLT pilot doesn't know how to corner poke.
You're obviously talking about playing with bad people, as they don't know how to corner poke you to death.

And on top of that, it overheats like hell.

The EOC is even better for 1v1's when used well, but this thread's not about the EOC, sadly.

View PostGreenEggsAndSamZ, on April 05 2014 - 02:08 AM, said:

I used to have a <1 KD Ratio with my old Raider from back when I sucked, now it's 1.72.
My newer Raider has a KD Ratio of 2.72.

I think I have a bit more credibility.
Thus, I'd like to confirm that your entire post is pretty much true.

Eh.

I wrote that post a while ago when I was pretty green. But after a while, I realized that kda means very little now that I could drop in a low mmr server and stomp everyone and boost my stats.

But, grats on your kda I guess.

Edited by GreenEggsAndSamZ, April 15 2014 - 04:02 AM.

Posted Image

#10 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 17 2014 - 12:29 PM

The Reflak is the Raider's training wheels. The T32 and the EOC repeater are where the real killing power is at. But of course, those are more difficult to use.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#11 Mawnkey

Mawnkey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDirectly Behind You

Posted May 03 2014 - 07:05 AM

My only complaint about the Reflak: dat awful sound.

tweep tweep tweep twop tweep twop twop tweep twop tweep tweep

Devs, srsly, new sound plz.

#12 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted May 03 2014 - 07:10 AM

I find Reflak more useful because of a smaller spread and corner checking.

#13 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted May 03 2014 - 07:17 AM

View PostKopra, on May 03 2014 - 07:10 AM, said:

but it overheats like hell ;[

- lok'tar ogar -

#14 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted May 03 2014 - 07:32 AM

View PostKer4u, on May 03 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

Posted Image

Yeah, it kind of does. I like it.

#15 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 03 2014 - 10:17 AM

View PostKopra, on May 03 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:

View PostKer4u, on May 03 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

Posted Image

Yeah, it kind of does. I like it.

ME TOO. When I can eat_!

#16 NECRO_TYPE1

NECRO_TYPE1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted May 03 2014 - 12:43 PM

The reflak would be a fine choice of weapon if it didn't over-heat so quickly. Most instances I will over-heat just before making the kill with it and that's just me choosing my shots (instead of going full-auto) and using secondary once a year. lol. I really think they should make some changes to the reflak to make it a more viable option for skirmishing combat.

The T32 bolt is great for charged shots and alt fire secondary. It can deal a lot of damage with careful aiming. BUT ever since the new server update I've been experiencing a great deal of delayed actions, teleporting, etc. which makes burst firing quit difficult. I like the T32 Bolt more than the reflak, though, I do think they shouldn't have added more to the firing delay with how slow it was in the first place.

#17 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted May 03 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostNECRO_TYPE1, on May 03 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

The reflak would be a fine choice of weapon if it didn't over-heat so quickly. Most instances I will over-heat just before making the kill with it and that's just me choosing my shots (instead of going full-auto) and using secondary once a year. lol. I really think they should make some changes to the reflak to make it a more viable option for skirmishing combat.

It's fine as is.
I don't see how you're overheating without killing the enemy,
as you have enough time to kill 2 B classes in a row if you spam both weapons without overheating.
About the only way you're overheating would be if you're missing alot.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#18 NECRO_TYPE1

NECRO_TYPE1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted May 03 2014 - 03:24 PM

View PostMeraple, on May 03 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

It's fine as is.
as you have enough time to kill 2 B classes in a row if you spam both weapons without overheating.

Its probable that I am missing and I do, but I wouldn't make the assumption that it's a majority of my output. However, can you say that 100% of your shots are landing with each of your engagements_ I think it's a decent weapon, but my opinion is that it can over-heat fairly fast in comparison to the other weapons I've had experience with.

#19 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted May 03 2014 - 08:25 PM

View PostNECRO_TYPE1, on May 03 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

Its probable that I am missing and I do, but I wouldn't make the assumption that it's a majority of my output. However, can you say that 100% of your shots are landing with each of your engagements_ I think it's a decent weapon, but my opinion is that it can over-heat fairly fast in comparison to the other weapons I've had experience with.

I've noticed Re-Flak heats up faster if you use MIRV mode often, Grenade mode is more reliable with the range Re-Flak has.

Edited by Stingz, May 03 2014 - 08:25 PM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#20 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted May 03 2014 - 10:15 PM

View PostNECRO_TYPE1, on May 03 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

View PostMeraple, on May 03 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

It's fine as is.

Yeah, it overheats pretty fast compared to other weapons.
I don't land all of my shots, but I land most of them.

I kindof like weapons that are hard to use due to their heat rate/projectile velocity/etc.

Posted Image

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users