HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

T32 VS Breacher

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 27 2014 - 12:27 PM

View PostStingz, on April 27 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

View PostMeraple, on April 27 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

I'd say the T32-BOLT is for people who can't aim, and only finish off low-HP targets.
Ofcourse you could corner poke with it, but the Breacher is way superior there.
It's simply not suited for good, effective Predator playing styles.

4-stage charge makes the T-32 better on a mech like Raider, when you aren't on target you can charge for more damage.
Breacher has an all or nothing charge, but better accuracy/range charged to make up for that.

Both can pull a Charged + Uncharged combo for heavy burst damage in close range.

Ah.
haven't used BOLT alot, but it seemed sucky to me compared to other shotguns.
Especially compared to the Breacher. :mellow:

Posted Image

Spoiler

#22 hawkenus

hawkenus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted April 27 2014 - 01:08 PM

View PostMeraple, on April 27 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

Breacher is considered as the best and most versatile weapon by most good Predator players, including me.

Breacher is the best for direct, in your face 1v1s.
EOC does about the same damage in terms of burst, but has more charging time.
That's about the only reason Breacher is better for direct, full frontal combat.

Yes, EOC may have a slow travelling time, but it can be argued that it doesn't matter if your skill in aiming makes up for it.

It's simply not suited for good, effective Predator playing styles.

As one of good Predator players I can say that to me EOC > Brecher.
Maybe it's because I only play Siege (and MA sometimes) game mode and I use "COME TO MOMMY" tactic when I encouter 1vs1.
EOC is also better in these game modes as I tested, because if you miss your EOC, mines are still there, so one of the 6 enemys can still take dmg if it's near of will step on it. In 1vs1 it also helps greatly if you miss your shot.

But it's matter of preferences. I rarely go 1vs1, except it's A class, as it's easy to kill.
Posted Image
so wet e-puzzy, y jelly_...

#23 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted April 27 2014 - 10:50 PM

I tried the T-32 on my Raider and I hated it didn't really suit my combat style as Raider so I throw it away. Just don't buy it to any of the mechs it is not an optional weapon to any mech on my part. I more spam my Reflak than use T-32 and generate more heat.

#24 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 27 2014 - 11:06 PM

Well, I only play TDM and DM.
I guess it's up to the gamemode.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#25 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted April 28 2014 - 05:49 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on April 27 2014 - 10:50 PM, said:

I tried the T-32 on my Raider and I hated it didn't really suit my combat style as Raider so I throw it away. Just don't buy it to any of the mechs it is not an optional weapon to any mech on my part. I more spam my Reflak than use T-32 and generate more heat.

I'm grabbing T-32 Bolt ASAP, more of a Flak Cannon (4-stage)charged and less of a Mini-Flak.
Still has uncharged for rapid fire and finishing targets.

I have Assault for DPS fights that Re-Flak would lose.

Edited by Stingz, April 28 2014 - 04:28 PM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#26 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 28 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostLightangel112, on April 04 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

I tried the new T-32 on predator. Imo it does not gel that well with it. Past mid range, even fully charged this gun does mute damage compared to the breacher. This weapons is meant for cqc specifically, so if your not good in that area avoid this weapon.
Check out Meraple's and Lightangel112's guide on the predator for a good explanation of why the T32 really doesn't fit that well with the predator. The main problem of the T32 is that it's a weapon that's meant for combat at point-blank range. Works really well with the raider because of how that mech operates, but on the predator, the main problem you face is using the T32 in conjuntion with the EOC Predator. It's just not a very good match up, because the EOC Predator tends to be best at mid range or mid/close range, but it suffers at point-blank because of all the self damage you'll inflict on yourself. It's also a problem in stalker mode. When trying to deal the max amount of burst damage while using this gun, you'll have to get very close. That in itself is not easy, and if you try to burst it with the EOC pred, you'll probably knock yourself out of stalker mode due to the self damage.

The problem with the T32 isn't so much the weapon itself, but the fact that it does not synergize well with the EOC predator. The only real time that the T32 works well with it, is when you lure an enemy into a full 8-mine trap and finish them with the T32. However, the breacher can do just the same but also has the added advantage of Mid-range viability due to the charged shot being like a rifle rather than a bigger shotgun.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#27 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 29 2014 - 01:08 AM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on April 28 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

View PostLightangel112, on April 04 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

I tried the new T-32 on predator. Imo it does not gel that well with it. Past mid range, even fully charged this gun does mute damage compared to the breacher. This weapons is meant for cqc specifically, so if your not good in that area avoid this weapon.
Check out Meraple's and Lightangel112's guide on the predator for a good explanation of why the T32 really doesn't fit that well with the predator. The main problem of the T32 is that it's a weapon that's meant for combat at point-blank range. Works really well with the raider because of how that mech operates, but on the predator, the main problem you face is using the T32 in conjuntion with the EOC Predator. It's just not a very good match up, because the EOC Predator tends to be best at mid range or mid/close range, but it suffers at point-blank because of all the self damage you'll inflict on yourself. It's also a problem in stalker mode. When trying to deal the max amount of burst damage while using this gun, you'll have to get very close. That in itself is not easy, and if you try to burst it with the EOC pred, you'll probably knock yourself out of stalker mode due to the self damage.

The problem with the T32 isn't so much the weapon itself, but the fact that it does not synergize well with the EOC predator. The only real time that the T32 works well with it, is when you lure an enemy into a full 8-mine trap and finish them with the T32. However, the breacher can do just the same but also has the added advantage of Mid-range viability due to the charged shot being like a rifle rather than a bigger shotgun.
Thank you for showing a clear understanding on this matter and for advertising the pred guide :).

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#28 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 29 2014 - 04:40 AM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on April 28 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

The problem with the T32 isn't so much the weapon itself, but the fact that it does not synergize well with the EOC predator.

I'd love to have the FLAK on my Predator.
It feels like it has a better falloff, but the stats beg to differ.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#29 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted April 29 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostMeraple, on April 29 2014 - 04:40 AM, said:

I'd love to have the FLAK on my Predator.
It feels like it has a better falloff, but the stats beg to differ.

Breacher has ludicrous spread, while Flak can hit reliably out to mid-close range.
Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#30 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted April 29 2014 - 10:03 AM

T32 on predator is perfectly fine. Might not suit your playstyle, but it doesn't mean it doesn't suit predator. As soon as I ranked my pred high enough to buy T32, I got rid of that impractical breacher (yes, to me it's very impractical weapon) and finally started pwning stuff. Besides, it's perfectly possible and legit to go nuts and up in enemy face instead of cowardly hiding, spamming mines and hoping someone will step on them.
Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

#31 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 29 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostZaxik, on April 29 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

T32 on predator is perfectly fine. Might not suit your playstyle, but it doesn't mean it doesn't suit predator.

It doesn't suit Predator at all.
You need to be point-blank in order for it to do it's maximum potential of damage output.
If you are at point-blank, EOC P rounds will hit you as well as your target.

And ontop of that, goodluck getting close to good players without getting smoked.
I don't mean good people that can stomp in Pubs, as about anybody decent can.
I mean people who do well in organized play with actually good people.

Besides, it's perfectly possible and legit to go nuts and up in enemy face instead of cowardly hiding, spamming mines and hoping someone will step on them.

Who ever told you that cowardly spamming mines and hiding was a good tactic that actually contributes to the team_
Just laying a trap with your EOC P doesn't contribute at all; fighting with Predator does.
Are you trying to sound smart_

If you ever want to experience the maximum power of a Breacher Predator, go fight Lightangel112.
You simply can't win with the T32-BOLT on Predator, unless he makes a stupid mistake.
Why_

Breacher is ALOT more versatile.
It can be a high-power, mid-range Slug, or a bigger, badder FLAK.

He'll just kite you with his charged-up Breacher.

Edited by Meraple, April 29 2014 - 11:09 AM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#32 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted April 29 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostLightangel112, on April 29 2014 - 01:08 AM, said:

Thank you for showing a clear understanding on this matter and for advertising the pred guide :).

One should always do their homework before forming an opinion on the matter. I still don't have much first hand experience with the T32 on my predator. The basis for my opinion was formed how it works on my raider and from the comments of others that have used the Bolt on the predator.

And no problem. Good information deserves to be advertised.

#33 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted April 29 2014 - 11:33 AM

T32 on predator is perfectly fine. Might not suit your playstyle, but it doesn't mean it doesn't suit predator. As soon as I ranked my pred high enough to buy T32, I got rid of that impractical breacher (yes, to me it's very impractical weapon) and finally started pwning stuff. Besides, it's perfectly possible and legit to go nuts and up in enemy face instead of cowardly hiding, spamming mines and hoping someone will step on them.
Most people aren't saying that the weapon is invalid on the predator, they're saying that they don't recomend it for the various reasons that they mentioned. Again, the main reasons I mentioned were that the Bolt limits you to very close range and it's difficult sneak up right next to someone without being noticed, especially in higher MMR servers (2000+). Also, the mines are tough to use at the Bolt's optimum range. It's a little easier to track your target and land your mines when you have some space between you and your foe, but at that range the bolt's effectiveness is limited.

#34 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 29 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on April 29 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

Again, the main reasons I mentioned were that the Bolt limits you to very close range and it's difficult sneak up right next to someone without being noticed, especially in higher MMR servers (2000+).

The splash of the EOC P is my main reason.
You're damaging both yourself and your opponent.
Why are you even firing it, then_

Posted Image

Spoiler

#35 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 29 2014 - 03:39 PM

All weapons give a different play style. I'm not against T-32 BOLT. I just give my personal opinion on how it does not work well with Predator. If you want to use T-32 I suggest you look at this build I made which is listed in the "Ultimate Predator Guide!"

Name: Alpha King
Description: Your first to engage and last to lose.
Weapon of Choice: All 3 can be used for this build.
Items setup: Detonator MK_ + Repair Charge MK_
Internal setup: Deflector, Failsafe, Basic Extractor, Basic Reconstructor.
You are not afraid to get up close and personal with your victims. The Failsafe is necessary to blast mechs in close proximity to deal heavy dmg and survive the initial alpha or even a face hugging contest. You are not afraid, you are fearless.

You need failsafe, sadly recently nerfed from 90% - 60% to 40% now, which is a disadvantage. So doing the puck thing at close range is a little more risky now though the failsafe can help, still keep some distance. The T-32 basically means you are a slower version of a Raider designed for speed, closing the gap, cqc fighting and getting away quicker than a predator. Flawed imo.

Edited by Lightangel112, April 29 2014 - 03:41 PM.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users