HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Technician and Replenisher

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Clinchicus

Clinchicus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationThe Frozen North AKA Canada

Posted April 06 2014 - 11:35 AM

I was hoping that someone could confirm whether or not you receive an assist as the Tech if you heal someone that gets a kill - I seem to recall getting a bunch of assists in a match, and I don't usually try to DPS while playing the Tech.

The idea was to use the Replenisher internal and have the cooldown for the Green beam lowered as you're assisting those who are killing the enemy mechs. More Green = happy team!

I'll probably test it in the next day or two, just wanted to see if anyone could confirm that this does or doesn't work before purchasing the internal.

Thanks!

EDIT - just realized that this is in the 'Items' sub-forum, not the 'Internals' sub-forum. :o

Edited by Clinchicus, April 08 2014 - 01:26 PM.

#2 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 01:46 PM

It works

Personally I don't use it.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#3 Clinchicus

Clinchicus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted April 07 2014 - 03:31 AM

View PostLightangel112, on April 06 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

It works

Hmm...I had it equipped last night and was seeing the assist notifications in the HUD, but didn't notice any reduction in the CD of Green beam.

What are your go-to internals_

#4 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 07 2014 - 04:42 AM

Air compressor.
Basic fuel converter.
Deflector.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#5 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 08 2014 - 05:00 AM

I used the same as Light before I saw how great the Replenisher is.
Every assist takes down ~10 seconds off your Greenbeam CD time.

That's why I use Air Compressor + Replenisher now.

The more kills your team makes, the more Greenbeams they get.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#6 hawkenus

hawkenus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted April 08 2014 - 09:16 AM

yep, Replenisher is must have on Technician, makes green beam nearly always available
same as Deflectors to lowering your dmg on dodging or boosting
Posted Image
so wet e-puzzy, y jelly_...

#7 Clinchicus

Clinchicus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 11:22 AM

View PostMeraple, on April 08 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

I'll have to keep a closer eye on the CD on greenbeam, it's usually pretty hectic trying to heal people at AA or in TDM :D

EDIT - played some games tonight and definitely watched the CD go down by ~10 seconds *3 times* in a short time frame, crazy!

Edited by Clinchicus, April 08 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#8 Aderan_

Aderan_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted April 17 2014 - 08:10 PM

I was thinking about putting the Replenisher on my Tech, but I think I'll do it now for sure.

Personally, to fill the other 3 slots, I'd fill them with the Advanced Armor Fusor. If your getting assists, and occasionally kills, you get increased maximum armor. And if your healing your teammates (and therefore yourself), you can always keep yourself at an extended health cap with the amplified "green beams" (as you call them =P...). Love the idea, I'm gonna try it out soon.

Good luck in the field! =P

#9 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 22 2014 - 11:04 PM

View PostMeraple, on April 08 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

I used the same as Light before I saw how great the Replenisher is.
Every assist takes down ~10 seconds off your Greenbeam CD time.

That's why I use Air Compressor + Replenisher now.

I run with the same internals on my tech. Lol, almost totally denies the other team from killing my team mates. I generally don't like relying on internals to save my skin, but for saving my teammates' skins, I'll compromise. Air compressor is just too damn useful not to have.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#10 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted April 23 2014 - 12:27 AM

I'm a fan of Armor Fuser+Replenisher combo I find that it helps keep me alive a lot more then Air Compressors do at the moment. My MMR is roughly 1850 so I don't know how important Air Compressors are in competitive gameplay but I find the Armor Fuser saves my skin enough to keep my K/D positive.

#11 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 23 2014 - 02:29 AM

View Postjrkong, on April 23 2014 - 12:27 AM, said:

I'm a fan of Armor Fuser+Replenisher combo I find that it helps keep me alive a lot more then Air Compressors do at the moment. My MMR is roughly 1850 so I don't know how important Air Compressors are in competitive gameplay but I find the Armor Fuser saves my skin enough to keep my K/D positive.

Armor Fusor does nothing compared to the Air Compressor when used well, especially in higher-tier games.
Heck, even when AC is used badly it's better.
Armor Fusor heals such a low amount in such a long time that it's not worth using at all.

Air Compressor allows you to survive for much longer then the Armor Fusor in combat situations.

Edited by Meraple, April 23 2014 - 02:30 AM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#12 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted April 23 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostMeraple, on April 23 2014 - 02:29 AM, said:

Armor Fusor does nothing compared to the Air Compressor when used well, especially in higher-tier games.
Armor Fusor heals such a low amount in such a long time that it's not worth using at all.

Air Compressor allows you to survive for much longer then the Armor Fusor in combat situations.
Thing is whenever I use AC I run out of fuel since it uses fuel whenever you use it so I find myself helpless in a lot of situations when I use it.

#13 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted April 23 2014 - 03:48 PM

View Postjrkong, on April 23 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

View PostMeraple, on April 23 2014 - 02:29 AM, said:

Thing is whenever I use AC I run out of fuel since it uses fuel whenever you use it so I find myself helpless in a lot of situations when I use it.

That's a user problem tho :)

Do the math on the Fuser and you'll see they are pretty terrible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users