HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Development Update: 4/11/2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#21 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted April 12 2014 - 06:59 AM

What happened to the talk about tweaking Predator_  It's far too passive, even a good amount of vets say it needs a slight change.  I hope Vana just forgot to tell Hughes....  However, everything else seems pretty good.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, April 12 2014 - 07:00 AM.

#22 Nosxctrl

Nosxctrl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 07:26 AM

Dont fogot the new Weapons!~
And.
Just fight for HAWKEN!
We love u.
lol.

#23 R0GU3_L47R0

R0GU3_L47R0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow

Posted April 12 2014 - 08:50 AM

New mechs_ more more MOOOOOOOORE!!!
IX. The alien mechanism is a perversion of the True Path.

#24 heretik_

heretik_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 09:24 AM

Is a CTF mode anywhere in the thoughts of the devs_ Would be a great addition IMHO.

#25 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted April 12 2014 - 01:58 PM

PRIVATE SERVERS

We wanted to let everyone know that we've been testing alternative hosting methods in the hopes of improving network performance and providing private server options to you players. This takes legal, engineering, UI and testing resources so it's not something small for us but it is a high priority. I'm not in a place where I feel comfortable sharing a specific date for this since it's not all completely in our direct control but it's a feature in active development!

This is awesome news for the Clans Hughes. Very, very cool indeed.

I'm looking forward to the coming months with the usual childish excitement ;)

Edited by Pastorius, April 12 2014 - 01:58 PM.

Posted Image

#26 Hell_Diguner

Hell_Diguner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 04:56 PM

I'm glad you guys are releasing more team balance patches before the major monthly update.

Also good to see you all consider the MIRV buff a temporary fix and are still working on it.

#27 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted April 12 2014 - 05:56 PM

I'm a little worried about account linking since that's gonna make it really tough to play with lower level friends.  Other than that, sounds gravy.

muklashy is the best by a mile and nief was great (love the bug-themed shoulder-armor placements) even though it totally looks like a one-booster mech but please give me my charge chassis, it looks like the spree had a baby with pinhead

Also, full release timeline_  The beta tag is yellowing and peeling off and I'm tempted to paint the wall behind it.

As always, you guys keep working on a game I love more than any other.  Keep it up.
EDIT:  Dayum, that was fast.  Hell yeah hughes!

Edited by comic_sans, April 13 2014 - 04:42 AM.

#28 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted April 12 2014 - 06:28 PM

View Postcomic_sans, on April 12 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

I'm a little worried about account linking since that's gonna make it really tough to play with lower level friends.  Other than that, sounds gravy.

Account linking would not impact what you're describing. It's more about enabling the use of account features and APIs provided by Valve. Purely as examples, things like auto signin with the client, gaining access to the Steam Voice API or Steam achievements would become possible as a result.

View Postcomic_sans, on April 12 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

As always, you guys keep working on a game I love more than any other.  Keep it up.

...and thank you!

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#29 Joelnator

Joelnator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 09:03 PM

How about the pred_ Any change in the future_

#30 MarNoahCus

MarNoahCus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted April 13 2014 - 12:47 AM

ladder sstemm sounds awesome. New Mechs... Ahhh heaven!!! :D But clan support of an kind would be nice... Optional clan emblems etc. Not that i am i a cla yet,... but this feature is so obvious for a game like Hawken, that has so much teambased gameplay.
"And shepherds we shall be, For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti." (The Boondock Saints)

Posted Image

#31 WarPig

WarPig

Mech Assimilations

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationOneida, NY

Posted April 13 2014 - 04:12 AM

priorities
Posted Image

#32 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted April 13 2014 - 04:39 AM

Best of luck, we always appreciate all efforts.

Posted Image

#33 Zanozus

Zanozus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted April 13 2014 - 05:38 AM

Pls, Devs, Pimp my ride Raider

#34 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted April 13 2014 - 08:11 AM

does this mean, that in order to access a different account, you have to login with a different steam account_ in which you've forgotten the steam account_just wondering

Steam Account Linking (allows for use use of other Steamworks development features for us)

--[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#35 FRIBAT

FRIBAT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted April 13 2014 - 08:52 AM

Maps_! how about adding few new maps_ more mechs always nice but currently it needs more maps than mechs tbh.
I will loosen all Your mechs bolts,feed You with it and trough You in the water.

#36 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted April 13 2014 - 10:18 AM

View PostSilverfire, on April 11 2014 - 08:45 PM, said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand clan support is still missing ever since the official announcement since way back in what, Ascension times_

A detailed update would be nice, like if it's not a high priority yet, it's experiencing difficulty, etc.

Update on Clans

Work was almost complete on some basic clan support features. Players would be able to create clans, invite players and compare stats all on the playhawken.com website. However, it was determined that the platform work to support these features was not created in a way to support the number of players needed so the feature was held back.

Rather than spend additional time on the feature itself, work to fix issues with the scaling of the platform was prioritized. You may recall us mentioning this in the past (the weeks prior to the Steam launch) where we needed to make sure the platform would be able to scale to the number of users desired and for those of you who have been with us for a while, the difference is indeed noticeable despite the roughness for a while that was a "necessary evil".

For a while after that, tool fixing and bug fixing was a priority for the platform team until work shifted to removing our dependency on AWS; transitioning to a completely new database. This is no small project but is a requirement for cost consideration, performance and for regions of the world where AWS is not an available solution. This work is in progress.

This work in conjunction with improved server performance and the potential of private server options we feel is more important to the game than clan support for players, especially since the features we have now would not truly be able to take advantage of the reasons players create clans in the first place. Clans are indeed still important to us and we have some temporary additions to the client in mind that will help players until more robust management type features for clans are available but we can speak to that in the coming weeks.

Jason Hughes

#37 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted April 13 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostNosmer, on April 12 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

More balancing_ Thats great, thank you. One question though: EU servers when_

Balancing is independent of anything mentioned, we'll always be looking at balance and making adjustments as needed.

Jason Hughes

#38 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted April 13 2014 - 10:23 AM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on April 13 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

-Snip-

Y U IGNOR MEH HUGHS_!_ I THOGHT U LOVD MEH!
I`ll fix it later.

#39 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted April 13 2014 - 11:05 AM

I hope bazaar get´s a fix soon for Siege, afterall, one of the most amazing and epic siege battles I remember, were on Bazaar. A "Bad" map is better than no Map (even when a good ammount of pilots think bazaar was a fun map). Would be awesome to know more about this.

Posted Image

#40 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted April 13 2014 - 06:11 PM

Thank you Hughes for that clan update, really appreciate it.

Edited by Silverfire, April 13 2014 - 06:11 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users