HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

M4MA - how it works_ Some test video

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Diox

Diox

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted April 13 2014 - 11:30 PM

So... There were many people asked how exactly MAMA works. I made some short video which shows thtat MAMA doesnt work as its description.

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on March 26 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

View Postsleepe, on March 26 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

And MAMA still not fixed :/ It has wrong description. It does not generate heat at enemies. Description is misleading.

The description in game reads "Equipped with heat infused explosives that cause targets to experience increased heat generation."

The M4MA isn't designed to add heat to enemies directly, it simply increases an enemy's heat generation.

I dont see any difference here.

Can anyone from [HWK] Stuff explains EXACTLY how it works_ Any numbers_ Percentage_ Promiles_

Sorry if my english is bad.

Edited by Diox, April 13 2014 - 11:33 PM.

POLISH

FORCES

http://www.twitch.tv/diox_hawken

Sorry for my English :/

#2 draco7891

draco7891

El Tigre

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCA, USA

Posted April 14 2014 - 02:05 AM

It's a debuff effect, like the Technician's Redox grenades. When you are under the effect of the debuff, your weapons generate additional heat per shot.

For example, if you were firing a weapon that generated 10 heat points per shot normally, and the debuff percent was 5% more heat per shot, then firing that weapon would generate 10.5 heat points per shot.

Taking a wild guess, I would say that the percentage is probably close to exactly the same as the Redox's, so 5% per round, stacking up to 3 times for up to a 15% debuff.

Draco

PS: a better test of this is the number of shots to overheat. Fire one weapon to overheat normally, counting the number of shots. Then, have Incinerator buddy shoot you with M4MA, while Technician buddy heals you (so you don't die) and again fire the weapon to overheat, counting the shots required. Because each shot should generate additional heat over normal while affected by M4MA, the second time should take fewer shots to overheat than normal.

Edited by draco7891, April 14 2014 - 02:10 AM.

#3 Diox

Diox

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted April 14 2014 - 02:20 AM

But I dont see any difference here in video, even on zoom. The amount of it is so small_ Thats why I'm asking devs for numbers. Playing tech I see big difference when shooting Redox or not. I can see when my teammates shooting with more damage. The effect of Redox is noticeable. The effect of MAMA ability is not.

POLISH

FORCES

http://www.twitch.tv/diox_hawken

Sorry for my English :/

#4 Brakhai

Brakhai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 02:04 PM

Well if it is true, then you can absolutely wreck PPA Incinerators with it... Even the experienced ones. :D Just imagine... They are using their high risk - high reward PPA and then you break their heat rhythm with this :D

#5 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 03:45 PM

View PostBrakhai, on May 01 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

Well if it is true, then you can absolutely wreck PPA Incinerators with it... Even the experienced ones. :D Just imagine... They are using their high risk - high reward PPA and then you break their heat rhythm with this :D
I've faced M4MA Incins before with my PPA, not much of a worry. Truly experienced PPA users simply go by the heat bar instead of just the rhythm.

#6 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted May 03 2014 - 11:13 PM

View PostDiox, on April 14 2014 - 02:20 AM, said:

But I dont see any difference here in video, even on zoom. The amount of it is so small_ Thats why I'm asking devs for numbers. Playing tech I see big difference when shooting Redox or not. I can see when my teammates shooting with more damage. The effect of Redox is noticeable. The effect of MAMA ability is not.
Whenever I got shot by M4MA, I noticed I was getting the overheat warning much sooner than I should have. The only thing you can really tell if M4MA is working is by seeing if your enemy is shooting a lot less or if you see the arms of your enemy's mech lower themselves while overheating.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users