HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Minor Game Update 4/15: Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 08:52 AM

View PostDominusFerrus, on April 15 2014 - 08:36 AM, said:

replace free spots with bots the same with leaving members - if someone joins = bot replaced ... would be the best solution

No! Nope! Never! Bots are more of a hindrance than an assets. Do you know how easy it is to kill a bot_ The team with more bots would always lose. Bots don't use cover and just stand there.

#22 DominusFerrus

DominusFerrus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationEU GMT+1

Posted April 15 2014 - 08:55 AM

Jup thats for certain ... but still the problem of the team with bots and leavers and not of the steady team. + If real people join the bots are replaced.

btw. thanks for buying, greatly appreciated - potato will be sent soon

edit: Regrettably the shop must be closed now ... METEOR Entertainment approached me with their sneaky lawyers and wanted me to share to the profit 50/50.But not on my watch - i'll be selling on some other page soon (don't tell anyone).

Posted Image
Thanks again to the 1 and only loyal customer Desert_Fox2 - cya in hawken.

#23 zudukai

zudukai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 09:18 AM

what about the movement bug_

what about the party disbanding when they all want to change to a new lobby_

#24 warmac54

warmac54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 10:01 AM

Ciao ZamboniChaos io avrei una richiesta, ho gia creato un post sul forum chiedendo se potevate aggiungere la lingua italiana al gioco, in modo da permettere a noi italiani di muoverci con naturalezza nel gioco e incrementare la godibilità del gioco.... :)

#25 Saltydawg

Saltydawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 10:57 AM

I have been forced to switch three times in a siege match. I almost always run in a party and it is always someone in my party that gets forced to switch. I hope this fixes the problem.

Also we really need a "VOTE TO KICK" function. I am so sick of people being afk for half of the match and never getting to auto boot.

Lastly, for some reason on my Rocketeer I have been having a lot of lagging/porting when using this mech. To the point it will fall behind two dodges and then try to do them almost instantly. I don't lagg on any other game except this one and almost always on the rocketeer when it happens. Can someone please look into this. It also seems to happen more on Last-Eco map.

Thanks for a great game!

Saltydawg!

#26 Soulwettle

Soulwettle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 11:14 AM

Keep these updates going. I feel the game is going in the right direction with this patch. My friends and I had a very hard time getting to play a game together due to the swap picking one of our party every time. I feel the next hurdle will be getting lobbies between game to not empty out every time.

Editing to add:

View PostSaltydawg, on April 15 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Also we really need a "VOTE TO KICK" function. I am so sick of people being afk for half of the match and never getting to auto boot.

I completely agree with a vote kick also. I feel the dev's will find a way to implement it so that is can't be abused.

Edited by Soulwettle, April 15 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#27 Timerider

Timerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 11:44 AM

That auto-balancing thing doesn't sound good at all. Sounds like an opportunity for the same unfortunate person to constantly be swapped because they happen to be one of the few people not in a party.

How about swapping people that haven't been swapped in awhile_

#28 ASneakyFox

ASneakyFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 12:01 PM

View PostMingCrusher, on April 15 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

please add alternate and prestige secondary weapons (e.g. for the berserker: tow rocket, hellfire missiles and grenade launcher)

that would be boring. choose the mech with the weapons you want. if you want grenader launcher on a class a, pick an inflitrator.

#29 SideSwipe7

SideSwipe7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 01:13 PM

Can you fix, or remove connecting to games about to be completed in the matchmaker/game finder.  I'm connecting to end game scoreboards alot now, or I connect and get placed on underdog teams with scores of 6/40 to 33/40. I'm good, but not that good.

#30 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted April 15 2014 - 01:47 PM

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]HOW BOUT A PRESTIGE PRIMARY WEAPON FOR THE TECHNICIAN_[/font]

[font="courier new, courier, monospace"]please.[/font]
Posted Image

#31 Sha0lin_Drag0n

Sha0lin_Drag0n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted April 15 2014 - 01:58 PM

Something needs to be done with the whole matchmaking joining of games that end right when we connect. That's happened to me SO MANY frickin times...the game is practically over and we are still able to join...that's dumb...

#32 Timerider

Timerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 05:26 PM

KOS_Baconman, on April 15 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

HOW BOUT A PRESTIGE PRIMARY WEAPON FOR THE TECHNICIAN_

please.
Tech wouldn't live long enough to use it at this point.

#33 daniel266

daniel266

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 05:51 PM

2 balance chenges and we NEED to download almost 500 MB=__¡ THESE fk things should be on the server, (server running the game with all the rules, damage ratios, and so on) and on the player side maps, models textures and so, its fk ridiculous to download 500 mb for this kind of changes

#34 Mykinius

Mykinius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 05:52 PM

View PostTimerider, on April 15 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

Tech wouldn't live long enough to use it at this point.
Pffft, technicians can hold their own in this better than medics in TF2.

#35 GuardianPhoenix

GuardianPhoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 07:03 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on April 14 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

View Postshosca, on April 14 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

Q: How do you determine the 50% completion of the matches depending on the game mode_

In MA: bases healths / 2, 1500 is 50%
Same in siege bases healths / 2, 3000 is 50%

I'm pretty sure:
MA: 50% base health = 750
Siege : 50% base health = 1,500

(someone needs to confirm MA, I've not played it recently enough to remember).

EDIT:

View PostDesert_Fox2, on April 15 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

View PostDominusFerrus, on April 15 2014 - 08:36 AM, said:

replace free spots with bots the same with leaving members - if someone joins = bot replaced ... would be the best solution

No! Nope! Never! Bots are more of a hindrance than an assets. Do you know how easy it is to kill a bot_ The team with more bots would always lose. Bots don't use cover and just stand there.

They're using the UNREAL ENGINE, so increasing the bot's level of intelligence is more than plausible.  

Furthermore, there's nothing to say you can't scale their intelligence according to the average MMR of the team.  In TDM, yeah, perhaps the bot WILL be a hindrance, but in games such as MA, or Siege, an extra gun is better than having no extra gun at all!

Edited by GuardianPhoenix, April 15 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#36 Lioot

Lioot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 09:14 PM

My game won't run anymore after this patch, running out of ideas of what to do after visiting threads and I might submit a ticket soon. But the patch does seem helpful
Hawken vids await!

youtube.com/user/xcoccyx

#37 East

East

Self-Motivator

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 135 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted April 15 2014 - 09:31 PM

View PostLioot, on April 15 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

My game won't run anymore after this patch, running out of ideas of what to do after visiting threads and I might submit a ticket soon. But the patch does seem helpful

Did you check the Support KB at playhawken.zendesk.com_  There is a "Unable to Launch" article with some suggestions.  If personally try renaming your config folder in DocumentsMy Games which will rebuild your initialization and configuration files.

#38 AMCO

AMCO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted April 16 2014 - 05:52 AM

Not happy after patch, issues with Hawken game client, endlessly synicing, stops working, freezes and connection lost issues have all cropped up since this new patch. I can't be the only one _

#39 UncleBlitz

UncleBlitz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Location...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Posted April 16 2014 - 06:01 AM

View PostAMCO, on April 16 2014 - 05:52 AM, said:

Not happy after patch, issues with Hawken game client, endlessly synicing, stops working, freezes and connection lost issues have all cropped up since this new patch. I can't be the only one _

no no mate you arent the only one....got 4 disconnections in 1 hour (in the game and at the end of the game), with freezes (launch & leave buttons frozen)  ...i had to disconnect 4 times to jump back in...

weird thing :for short periods i wasnt able to fire but i still was receiving damages...

edit: i forgot to add that while re-joining i was added 2 times/3 in the wining team with the more players

Edited by UncleBlitz, April 16 2014 - 06:11 AM.

#40 MarNoahCus

MarNoahCus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted April 16 2014 - 09:03 AM

Great stuff... This update needs an update...

From what i am reading so far i am not the only one having issues... 4 application crashes and several weird disconnects to garage in about half of an hour played... This game ran perfectly on my computer before this update... infact so perfect that i was considering opening a thread where i wanted to say that Hawken might be the most stable Beta i ever played... Well up untill now... (Sadface) :unsure:

What i also don't understand is, why does my steam client have to install a redistributable package_ It ran perfectly before... Now it is a big mess... I love to play this game. Please fix this. this is not a hate post as i will still play the game but this new instability is rediculous... especially compared to how rock stable it was running before... Only thing new on my system after last time i played is this update... So i doubt it can be anything but this update that is causing this...

MarNoahCus Out!!!
"And shepherds we shall be, For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti." (The Boondock Saints)

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users