HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Minor Game Update 4/15: Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted April 14 2014 - 09:35 AM

Posted Image

Greetings pilots!

On Tuesday, April 15, we'll be making some changes to how team balancing works. While necessary, we don't want team balancing to create a negative experience for our players. These changes were made to smooth out the balancing process and make it less intrusive.

Team balancing is still a work in progress and we want to hear your feedback! Did these changes help_ Share your thoughts with us so we can continue to improve the HAWKEN experience.

Team Balance

• Team balancing: Players will no longer be forced to switch teams after 50% match completion. Only volunteers will be team switched after this point.
  • Auto-balancing: Party members will only be forced to switch teams if there are no single, non-partied players eligible.

Bugs Fixed

• Fixed a bug where players who were team switched would sometimes be invisible after spawning.

Click here to view the article

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

#2 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted April 14 2014 - 09:38 AM

Thanks for the info ZamboniChaos. This looks great!

Edited by Pastorius, April 14 2014 - 09:39 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted April 14 2014 - 09:38 AM

Is the eleventh the right date_ That was 3 days ago.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#4 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted April 14 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostSaturnine, on April 14 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

Mondays.

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

#5 shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted April 14 2014 - 09:50 AM

Q1: How do you determine the 50% completion of the matches depending on the game mode_

Q2: Does this also affect the "quick launch" where the player won't be put in to a match that is 50% or more complete_

Edited by shosca, April 14 2014 - 09:54 AM.

#6 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted April 14 2014 - 09:53 AM

View Postshosca, on April 14 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

Q: How do you determine the 50% completion of the matches depending on the game mode_

In MA: bases healths / 2, 1500 is 50%
Same in siege bases healths / 2, 3000 is 50%

Posted Image

#7 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted April 14 2014 - 10:18 AM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 14 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

View PostSaturnine, on April 14 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

Mondays.

Mondays op, plz nerf.

Posted Image

#8 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationRussia, Lipetsk

Posted April 14 2014 - 11:03 AM

Here are my ideas https://community.pl...ion-of-matches/

#9 LEmental

LEmental

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 12:45 PM

A lot of players have extremely high MMR, and when they join a game, no one else can join.  I wish that you would remove joining restrictions when a player 'invites' another player to the game.  Being able to play with friends is important and right now the party system is really clunky.  I don't necessarily want to be on their team, but I want to play with them, without having to party and ruin team balance.

Posted Image

#10 Kim_Jong_Il

Kim_Jong_Il

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 01:19 PM

With the way you incentivize voluntary team balancing (% bonus xp), its frankly not a big deal.

#11 XofJSA

XofJSA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 01:30 PM

When are we going to have or be able to start a clan or corporation_That,to me,is the one bid thing this great,Awsome,kick ass game needs....

#12 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 02:08 PM

There was a bit of a tiny but informative update on clans, but it was burried on the second page of a dev update thread.
See quote below.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on April 13 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

View PostSilverfire, on April 11 2014 - 08:45 PM, said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand clan support is still missing ever since the official announcement since way back in what, Ascension times_

A detailed update would be nice, like if it's not a high priority yet, it's experiencing difficulty, etc.

Update on Clans

Work was almost complete on some basic clan support features. Players would be able to create clans, invite players and compare stats all on the playhawken.com website. However, it was determined that the platform work to support these features was not created in a way to support the number of players needed so the feature was held back.

Rather than spend additional time on the feature itself, work to fix issues with the scaling of the platform was prioritized. You may recall us mentioning this in the past (the weeks prior to the Steam launch) where we needed to make sure the platform would be able to scale to the number of users desired and for those of you who have been with us for a while, the difference is indeed noticeable despite the roughness for a while that was a "necessary evil".

For a while after that, tool fixing and bug fixing was a priority for the platform team until work shifted to removing our dependency on AWS; transitioning to a completely new database. This is no small project but is a requirement for cost consideration, performance and for regions of the world where AWS is not an available solution. This work is in progress.

This work in conjunction with improved server performance and the potential of private server options we feel is more important to the game than clan support for players, especially since the features we have now would not truly be able to take advantage of the reasons players create clans in the first place. Clans are indeed still important to us and we have some temporary additions to the client in mind that will help players until more robust management type features for clans are available but we can speak to that in the coming weeks.

Edit:typo fixd

Edited by spo0n, April 15 2014 - 05:51 AM.

#13 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted April 14 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostXofJSA, on April 14 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

When are we going to have or be able to start a clan or corporation_That,to me,is the one bid thing this great,Awsome,kick ass game needs....

Ok, So ZC and Hughes have already stated that clan support and private servers are in the schedule for the coming months. I understand if your new here but if not, then perhaps, please catch up on the News & Announcement threads before posting (with all due respect ofcousre). CS & PS are ongoing & big issues for HAWKEN but the development team and clans already have a productive relationship regarding these topics.

We patiently await their final awesome CREATION!

and have been for some time now....

This game rocks like no other and TAW, BSB, VP, OWL, BV and MIM  and lots more have been keeping clans alive in HAWKEN for what seams like forever all over the planet.

We do it because we love the game and if you want to join a clan then check us all out in the Clan Hall in this forum.

I do realize that was an epic post for such a simple question but I think it's important that the new community realizes this and appreciates the work we have already done.

When you play HAWKEN in a clan it feels like an entirely new game and it's really something special.

Anyways,

Pasta is now off the menu :)

Edited by Pastorius, April 14 2014 - 02:33 PM.

Posted Image

#14 ASneakyFox

ASneakyFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 05:52 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on April 14 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

View Postshosca, on April 14 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

Q: How do you determine the 50% completion of the matches depending on the game mode_

In MA: bases healths / 2, 1500 is 50%
Same in siege bases healths / 2, 3000 is 50%

are you guessing_ or did you get that from somewhere_

in siege 3000 total base damage is not half the game. games can easily be as long as 45 minutes, and losing 3000 base hp can happen in about 5 minutes. very often its about the 2nd or 3rd launch where the game starts getting good as the teams start to get some cohesion and they learn the tactics of the other team.

itd be interested to see how it works out though.

#15 GuardianPhoenix

GuardianPhoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 07:08 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 14 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

• Team balancing: Players will no longer be forced to switch teams after 50% match completion. Only volunteers will be team switched after this point.
  • Auto-balancing: Party members will only be forced to switch teams if there are no single, non-partied players eligible.
Bugs Fixed
  • Fixed a bug where players who were team switched would sometimes be invisible after spawning.

Click here to view the article

How does one give their utmost of gratitude for this_! :o

Edited by GuardianPhoenix, April 14 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#16 MingCrusher

MingCrusher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 02:07 AM

please add alternate and prestige secondary weapons (e.g. for the berserker: tow rocket, hellfire missiles and grenade launcher)

#17 DominusFerrus

DominusFerrus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationEU GMT+1

Posted April 15 2014 - 08:36 AM

replace free spots with bots the same with leaving members - if someone joins = bot replaced ... would be the best solution

#18 xXHotBulletXx

xXHotBulletXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 08:37 AM

server update take 30 min _

#19 DominusFerrus

DominusFerrus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationEU GMT+1

Posted April 15 2014 - 08:38 AM

GuardianPhoenix, on April 14 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

How does one give their utmost of gratitude for this_! :o

hahaha ... by being happily force switched to the non-existing team (you were busy crushing before) lol

#20 DominusFerrus

DominusFerrus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationEU GMT+1

Posted April 15 2014 - 08:45 AM

Update time might vary vastly (though 30min is a good guess) ... however i am opening a shop, right here: selling potatoes for 20 HC only!

liek for buys and send monies to my HC-PURSE@shtdonexist-partners&co

picture of potato being offered:
Posted Image
BUY POTATO - 20 HC OR 0,1 MC !!!1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users