HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Changes in the organization of matches

Game

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Changes in the organization of matches (9 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your opinion on this suggestion_

1. interesting suggestion, developers should take a look (8 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

2. I am not able understand the depth of thought (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. I like the current matching system of teams (0 votes [0.00%])

4. one would something to change in suggested systems of (0 votes [0.00%])

5. I have my own opinion about the organization of matches (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationRussia, Lipetsk

Posted April 13 2014 - 11:19 AM

Greetings comrades!

Для русскоязычного населения сего форума (for Russian-speaking population of this forum): http://hawken.ru/for...8;start=40#9120

I want to propose changes in the matchmaking.
Posted Image
Spoiler
Small suggestion for the community, my vision of matchmaking system.

Thus, the essence of the changes are as follows:

Firstly. Players will be divided on three groups

- Recruit (crayfish, noob) - 1600 MMR or less (ММR≤1600)
- Combatant (skilled Pilot) - 1601-1900 MMR (1600≤ММR≤1900)
- Veteran - 1901 MMR and higher (MMR≥1901)
Posted Image

Secondly. The game will be entered three combat zones, they will reflect the affiliation to the appropriate level of pilot skill (someone seems that three of the combat zone and the three categories of pilots the same thing, but it does not - it's rated aspects of MMR slightly different foreshortenings of the game).
Posted Image

- The first zone (I) - zone Defence (border patrols)
- The second zone (II) - a strategic line of defense
- The third zone (III) - main battle zone

When you first started the game (beginner), you choose the side of the conflict - Prosk or Sentium. Your choice does not affect the availability of mechs, as at the disposal of both armies have captured a lot of mech model. Captured or recovered after battles. This choice will affect the game in future, if devs introduction Clans and Global wars.

Then you get to serve in the first zone in the "border patrols" with the initial MMR = 1400. In order to get to the second zone your MMR should reach 1650 or you must successfully pass the test (or earn a certain achievement in the game), such as successfully complete Co-oP mode with "Glass Cannon" mode. For further transition from the second zone to the third zone is necessary to learn to play and reach 1950 or MMR or you must successfully pass the test (or earn a certain achievement in the game), eg 400 hours playing the game.

In order to "earn drop in the ranking " (in combat zones) is necessary:

- If your MMR drop below 1750 - you will drop from the the third zone in the second zone
- If your MMR drop below 1500 - you will drop from the the second zone in the first zone

Posted Image

Pilot, when creating a new game (the first game on an empty server) server assigns a category its combat zone (ie zone I, II or III) (note that this server is assigned a rank according to the combat zone of the first pilot of the match and not in accordance with the rating MMR Pilot), depending on which server will be filled in accordance with the following figures (as you add players in the match). This will put a limit on the number of players with different skill levels within the server specific combat zone.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

At the same time I want to note that next to select the region server (USE, USW, UK ...) will be added to popup list from which you can choose and remember what server combat zone you want to play (only the first, second or third war zone where identities you're looking for the match), or select "automatic" (primarily will be searched first tournament match your current belonging to the combat zone, and then improper). By default, all will stand - automatically

Well, that's all of I wanted to suggest. I would like to hear your opinion.

Edited by Anichkov3, April 17 2014 - 07:07 AM.

#2 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted April 13 2014 - 11:35 AM

you must successfully pass the test (or earn a certain achievement in the game), such as successfully complete Co-oP mode with "Glass Cannon" mode.
i'm not like this part of idea. i mean, I don't like idea of associate online-fights and coop-mode.
i hate CooP, and i don't want play in coop. never. IMHO.

all other...makes some sense with combat zone, but I'm not sure that this is very different from the current system.

#3 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted April 13 2014 - 09:44 PM

all other...makes some sense with combat zone, but I'm not sure that this is very different from the current system.
In fact, the difference of the current system fundamental!
The current system of rating changes on the server as in/out players. Also entering the server with one or two stars do not know where you get: those that weaker or stronger than those that you.

#4 LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationRussia, Chelyabinsk (GMT +5)

Posted April 13 2014 - 09:55 PM

This system is kinda similar to league system in such games as Starcraft 2 and League of Legends . While it's really good, it still needs a lot of players in all skill brackets in order to work correctly. Otherwise HS players won't be able to play at all.
WolfyFTW's Mindgamer: Hawken videos - the best combat tutorial ever!
Throw away Air Compressor! Be a man!.

#5 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted April 16 2014 - 12:14 AM

Balance goes without will be built on the basis of the MMR. But the calculation of MMR definitely worth correct - Introducing the variables coefficient that would reflect time spent in the game. Coefficient would vary short of or exceeds MMR depending on what the combat zone plays pilot.

Edited by Anichkov3, April 16 2014 - 12:16 AM.

#6 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted April 16 2014 - 06:15 AM

Furthermore, I believe that contributes to better balancing teams just need to enter the following. Allow Launch team matches (TDM, MA, siege) only if the player is already an even number. Thus there will be no matches that from the outset imbalances (an odd number of players at the start of 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6) and in which the arrival of a new player (or final filling empty places players) at once causes severe problems with balance.

#7 MingCrusher

MingCrusher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 16 2014 - 08:00 AM

interesting Ideas, but I'd add mech types per mech zone (e.g. only c-classes(heavy) for strategic)

#8 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted April 16 2014 - 09:12 AM

interesting Ideas, but I'd add mech types per mech zone (e.g. only c-classes(heavy) for strategic)
Like your idea can not be used in the organization of matches. Players too small to limit the presence of classes in the match.

#9 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 06:41 AM

View PostAnichkov3, on April 16 2014 - 12:14 AM, said:

Balance goes without will be built on the basis of the MMR. But the calculation of MMR definitely worth correct - Introducing the variables coefficient that would reflect time spent in the game. Coefficient would vary short of or exceeds MMR depending on what the combat zone plays pilot.
Thus, a player will be multiplied MMR by a factor variable and further calculations will count the balance of the team obtained the values​​.
Posted Image

Edited by Anichkov3, April 17 2014 - 06:50 AM.

#10 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 09:52 AM

I am sure that many have noticed that when you add a group (party) already active players in a match, it automatically switches the player in the team (Rebalancing). But I've never noticed anything like that, at the time when to an odd number of players in the game joins another player and then = the total number of players in a match becomes even. Why not spend Rebalancing teams_ The new player will be added to the match ( where the number is already playing an odd ), and thus there will be switching from one already playing ( if it is required in order to maintain a balance between teams).

Edited by Anichkov3, April 17 2014 - 09:54 AM.

#11 ASneakyFox

ASneakyFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 11:30 AM

all this doesnt really matter imo. the main focus needs to be on just making sure games are full. balancing and mmr is completely irrelevent when its impossible to just get a game of siege going with any kind of balancing.

#12 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted April 17 2014 - 10:53 PM

Even balance teams only be allowed to start game..then the system should not allow another to join game and make the game odd numbered and make the joining player wait till another joins in to play said game......so the game keeps even balanced teams and we may see better retention of games started and less rage quits...Also the economy needs a look at too.....
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#13 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted April 18 2014 - 12:26 AM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on April 17 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

Even balance teams only be allowed to start game..then the system should not allow another to join game and make the game odd numbered and make the joining player wait till another joins in to play said game......so the game keeps even balanced teams and we may see better retention of games started and less rage quits...Also the economy needs a look at too.....
Now, with so many players, it's impossible to do. Too few players.

#14 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted April 18 2014 - 06:34 AM

View PostAnichkov3, on April 18 2014 - 12:26 AM, said:

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on April 17 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

Now, with so many players, it's impossible to do. Too few players.
We need to start with something ....and to be honest i think this will help a bit more with balance issues many have....Odd numbers only cause frustration and anger ..making an otherwise  balanced game unbalanced. We need this more then we need anything else right now....Retention is bad at the moment and balancing of games is the most common cause of rage quits....Never meet a person who like likes to be outgunned.........wait till everyone has left us.._

Edited by LONEDEADWOLF, April 18 2014 - 06:36 AM.

meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#15 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostAnichkov3, on April 16 2014 - 06:15 AM, said:

Furthermore, I believe that contributes to better balancing teams just need to enter the following. Allow Launch team matches (TDM, MA, siege) only if the player is already an even number. Thus there will be no matches that from the outset imbalances (an odd number of players at the start of 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6) and in which the arrival of a new player (or final filling empty places players) at once causes severe problems with balance.
Illustration to what is written (since noticed that on the forum a lot of lazy people who are too lazy to read the text :lol: )
Posted Image

Edited by Anichkov3, April 22 2014 - 10:10 AM.

#16 magicnubs

magicnubs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 07:00 PM

I really like that skins are going global, I just don't think it's quite enough. There is really little incentive to buy a booster or repair drone if it can only go on one of the 15 mechs that you switch in and out of, especially considering you never even see your boosters. I will be willing to buy skins now, but if I have to pay a few dollars for each and every booster/drone/chassis/part for each of my 15 mechs, it will just never make sense and I think a lot of people agree. Genuinely, if there was the option to buy a part globally at an increased cost I would already have decked my mechs out, but I think a lot of people who really like to customize appearances are also the type to get bored of a particular look after a while, and then it feels like you've thrown that money away. Even if there was the option to transfer a part between mechs, and only use it on one mech (or however many of that part you bought) at a time would be better.

#17 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted April 23 2014 - 10:35 AM

It seems you magicnubs were mistaken, topic. I've got no section on the upcoming update. :D

#18 Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationPA USA

Posted April 23 2014 - 10:40 AM

View PostAnichkov3, on April 23 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

It seems you magicnubs were mistaken, topic. I've got no section on the upcoming update. :D

Lol, got him good
How will you spend eternity_ Smoking or Non-Smoking_
Posted Image
Chillen with the banger

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users