HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Weekly Australian Hawken Party

Game Video

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lioot

Lioot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted October 14 2014 - 03:46 AM

So yeah, this thing is to show everyone on the Hawken forums that since the Australian servers are back (yay~), why not play on it_

Well Australian playerbase has kinda dropped to just me and a few others but don't let that get you down!

Come and play at 9pm (AEST) every Saturday to meet new players and make friends with us Aussies! We're probably not as good as Xacius (people say he's good but I don't know) but perhaps you might meet your match while in a game with us at super high ping!

Prior to 9pm, around 10 minutes, I'll sit in death match and from there if enough players arrive and don't leave due to the high ping (I know its bad), we can perhaps move to TDM, MA or Siege.

There will be recording going on during the games and I honestly do try to upload as much as I can but many might find my videos boring due to lack of commentary or what ever makes a video good.

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/xcoccyx
Hawken vids await!

youtube.com/user/xcoccyx

#2 Zilph

Zilph

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted October 14 2014 - 04:34 AM

Get in on it people! Give the Australian servers a little push, eh_

I'd help if I had my desktop running and not just this croaking laptop.

Another thing... A lot of us can't be waiting for Hawken to publicize itself. I think the more we put out in terms of videos and events, the more breath we're putting in to keep the flame going and growing! :D

I'm not telling everyone to drop what they're doing and start filming stuff... But if you're capable and willing, why not_ Once upon a time we had an Oceania steam group, formed on a night of fun and stupid BS (yes, we had whole matches of playing the same mech classes! 100% Raiders! 100% Scouts! 50/50 Incins and Techs just for a laugh). I have tons of screencaps from that night, and I'll get around to putting them on the forums when I get my PC back (maybe even just my steam profile if I can do it from here).

We even planned on that night to have future events like that... Even film the shenanigans, even having multiple people film it for multiple perspectives. Whether or not they'd be individual uploads or sent to one person for video editing... we hadn't decided on yet. Because soon enough we crumbled away player by player with nothing of interest to do in Hawken, much like everyone else.

But no more excuses guys. Lets get in and do it, for a good time and for Hawken! :D

#3 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationAustralia, mite.

Posted October 14 2014 - 05:29 AM

I'd be sure to join the event for a bit. :)

Also, to translate the timing to EST, it is 7am (I think)...so, yeah, quite early in the morning. :huh:

But if anyone is willing to join us in the AU servers with some massive lag, I'd be sure to go easy on you. :P Nah, just kidding, I'm going to get absolutely owned! :lol:

#4 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted October 14 2014 - 06:25 PM

Will see if I can make it...
I saw you online last week and was happy to see some Aus players again.
Couldn't join you due to the MMR cap locking out my brother. We had a group of 4 just hanging out in Coop-tdm mostly, would love to have some regular MA and siege in our region.

#5 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted October 14 2014 - 06:34 PM

Can we PM eachother some steam logins so we can see when there are Aus players in Hawken_
Perhaps it will prevent everyone individually logging into Hawken, not seeing anyone in Aus then logging out an playing another game.
Means we can encourage eachother to get in Hawken rather than waiting and hoping for more players.

EDIT: I hereby designate Lioot as steam list keeper for the purposes of organising this event better.
Send your details to him with Steamid, Hawken callsign, City and then he can return it to all those who opt in.

Edited by 6ixxer, October 14 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#6 Zilph

Zilph

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted October 15 2014 - 01:49 AM

View Post6ixxer, on October 14 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

Can we PM eachother some steam logins so we can see when there are Aus players in Hawken_

EDIT: I hereby designate Lioot as steam list keeper for the purposes of organising this event better.

Someone invite 6ixxer to the Oceania group already XD

#7 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted October 15 2014 - 07:33 PM

is that a steam group called oceania_ I'm in a Hawken Australia steam group; its mostly useless.

being a member of a steam group is different to adding friends in steam. my steam Id is not same as Hawken Id so how do you know who in the steam group is someone you know in Hawken_

#8 Cloudstorm

Cloudstorm

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationAlfheim

Posted October 15 2014 - 08:00 PM

I will try to be there if not traveling.
Good gaming to all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users