HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Minor Game Update 4/15: Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted April 16 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostTimerider, on April 15 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

KOS_Baconman, on April 15 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]HOW BOUT A PRESTIGE PRIMARY WEAPON FOR THE TECHNICIAN_[/font]

[font=courier new, courier, monospace]please.[/font]
Tech wouldn't live long enough to use it at this point.
my 20 killstreak in a tech with RPR says otherwise
Posted Image

#42 Mawnkey

Mawnkey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDirectly Behind You

Posted April 16 2014 - 01:33 PM

New balance is... broken badly for certain edge cases. Low population Missile Assault servers, for instance. Had a 2v2 going, other team both players rage quit. Me and teammate sit there waiting for other people to join. 2 more get added to other team with MUCH better mechs, skills, and kit. They start catching up, meanwhile auto balance keeps adding to the other team because the actual assault score is still in our favor (because we of course were sitting on all 3 points for about 3 or 4 minutes ticking down with no opponents) but we're unable to hold any points so that's changing *really* fast. End game, 5v2 against us. Of course we lost, there was no question once it hit 4v2. Nice balance, guys.

Consider putting a limiter in that will allow no more than one extra on a losing team. 5v2 in any game mode unless you've got two super high MMRs vs a team of newbs will always have one outcome: loss. Irony in the situation was that I was punished for being good enough to make two other players rage quit, but I stayed in and took my (very) unfair beating in the name of "balance".

Edited by Mawnkey, April 16 2014 - 01:38 PM.

#43 Mawnkey

Mawnkey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDirectly Behind You

Posted April 16 2014 - 01:42 PM

Might also consider allowing players to vote on resetting the match after a rage quit of the entire other team. I would have taken that as well.

#44 1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted April 16 2014 - 01:56 PM

After patch installing, right after dying in the first match the screen freezes and I was lucky enough I could switch to desktop just to see the Hawken Auto-Crash-reporter. Before patch everything went smooth. That Unreal Update wasn't a good idea from your side I guess. Also nice quality check :-P

#45 Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationRepública Separatista de Haedo

Posted April 16 2014 - 07:35 PM

Well, this game is getting better and better. After the update I found some unstabilities like MarNoahCus said: disconnections from battle to garage (so, still connected to Hawken), and some crashes to desktop but I like where the game is going and I love it.

There is one thing that annoys me a lot: after the update, I began having a ridiculously high ping, to the point of not being able to hit anything unless the target is standing still. I'm talking about 700 ms ping. I live in South America, and the normal ping I always played the game is around 200 ms, so in a way I got used to play with that number. However, that is the limit, I mean, getting pings over 200  renders the gameplay a pain in the ass.

Anyone having that issue_ At least anyone living in South America_

I already filed a support request for the matter, but still had no answer.
Cybrex: Predators hunt from above.
MessyBopzz: like jesus_
Cybrex: Better than jesus

Posted Image

#46 CykaHax

CykaHax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationRussia. Forest. Dark Night.

Posted April 16 2014 - 09:01 PM

Nice.
Posted Image

#47 1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 04:31 AM

Liederkranz - I know your pain.

Here in EU I have also strange issues regarding instability of ping which is definitely a problem of hawken since the pattern of appearance is everytime the same:
First match/server after launching game - everything fine - ~90 ms on UK
Staying on that server -> everything stays fine
Leaving server cause of nobody there anymore -> trouble
The next server/match I have ping flux between 90 and 200 ms which renders my actions on battlefield nearly useless.
After half an hour or maybe an hour it just disappears! After that ping is fine.
Every evening always the same. So for nearly an hour I have to go through hell to finally enjoy it.

#48 raddaddio

raddaddio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted April 17 2014 - 05:10 AM

I noticed that the games were a little more unbalanced last night. There was a lot of chatter in the lobby about this too. There was a fair amount of rage quitting because of it as well. I don't know what the problem was before. It seemed like the matches before the patch were balanced alright. A few times a week, I would be in games that went to sudden death. That in itself seemed to be a good indicator of this.

#49 Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationRepública Separatista de Haedo

Posted April 18 2014 - 03:34 PM

1uster, on April 17 2014 - 04:31 AM, said:

Liederkranz - I know your pain.

Here in EU I have also strange issues regarding instability of ping which is definitely a problem of hawken since the pattern of appearance is everytime the same:
First match/server after launching game - everything fine - ~90 ms on UK
Staying on that server -> everything stays fine
Leaving server cause of nobody there anymore -> trouble
The next server/match I have ping flux between 90 and 200 ms which renders my actions on battlefield nearly useless.
After half an hour or maybe an hour it just disappears! After that ping is fine.
Every evening always the same. So for nearly an hour I have to go through hell to finally enjoy it.

That's exactly what happens to me, but the other way around. I mean, it starts with 600 / 700 ms, and after some matches it starts to drop to 500, after even more matches, it gets to 300. At that time, I'm too frustrated that I find the 300 a pleasure even being a crappy ping :/.

Still no answer from support.
Cybrex: Predators hunt from above.
MessyBopzz: like jesus_
Cybrex: Better than jesus

Posted Image

#50 TheRand0mUser

TheRand0mUser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 20 2014 - 06:26 AM

I would still like to see some huge improvements in autobalance -- how about:
1) Balancing based on each players' K:D ratio in the match, their win-lose ratio, lifetime K:D, damage received:damage given -- so that each team has about the same chance of winning. Also, looking at the match score -- if one team is winning by too much, do a more aggressive team balance
2) Looking at players' equipment, mechs, playtime and amount of real money spent to create better autobalance
3) Adding a feature to create, within teams, a good mix of skill levels
4) Voting -- so that players can choose to scramble teams. It'd make HAWKEN much better if one team could call a scramble -- better than any autobalance algorithms.

And elsewhere:
1) Making it easier for new players to find matches suited to their skill level
2) Adding much more in-depth information to each match -- so that first-time players will understand how to play a game type, learn tips and tricks, and choose an appropriate mech for the map
3)  Adding more useful information on each mech, and recommending certain mechs based on what a player prefers (i.e. which mech have you found easiest to use_ --> recommend a similar but more powerful mech OR improvements to make to it)

Either way, HAWKEN has potential to be huge, like Team Fortress 2, it just needs to be more appealing to new players.

#51 akiradaniel18

akiradaniel18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted April 20 2014 - 09:09 AM

Where is the Siege / MA tutorial we been asking for__

#52 GuardianPhoenix

GuardianPhoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostTheRand0mUser, on April 20 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

1) Making it easier for new players to find matches suited to their skill level
2) Adding much more in-depth information to each match -- so that first-time players will understand how to play a game type, learn tips and tricks, and choose an appropriate mech for the map
3)  Adding more useful information on each mech, and recommending certain mechs based on what a player prefers (i.e. which mech have you found easiest to use_ --> recommend a similar but more powerful mech OR improvements to make to it)

Either way, HAWKEN has potential to be huge, like Team Fortress 2, it just needs to be more appealing to new players.

1.  Never use the search function- just browse for servers with 2 or 3 stars.  After you do this for a while you can pretty much guess what state the game is in by star rating and player count.
2.  As other people have suggested, Add a Siege/MA Tutorial.  OR for the first 5 or so games have interactive guides in game that leads the players to the objectives.
3. What information is "useful" is dependent on the player themselves.  Personally I hate recommendation systems because they're always wrong- I often hate what they recommend.

I do like your idea of a scramble vote button or somethin'~

Edited by GuardianPhoenix, April 21 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#53 talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted April 21 2014 - 03:36 PM

The balancing and matchmaking  is probably more felt by the new or lone player and not by the people teaming up with (2) others. There are  more blowouts at the end of matches now due to not splitting up teams I suppose, and I think the overall battles was better before this last change imho. I would rather have a better battle, but I understand no one wants to have their team split.

In really any mode, 30 seconds or 1 minute of being 4-6 for instance is huge and few volunteer to move to a 'being stomped' team at the end of matches in the current match-ing algorithm.

Its important because to attract and keep players, it can't be you HAVE to group in 3's or know certain tricks to be competitive and have fun.

#54 LRod

LRod

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted April 21 2014 - 08:12 PM

Still loving this game, but something went 'fuzzy bunny up' with the server connectivity.  Every login takes forever, sync takes 3-4 times longer, ping values are now averaging ~500ms, I periodically get ~1sec frame freezes, and dumped out of enough matches to really notice it.  Anyone else_
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

#55 LRod

LRod

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted April 21 2014 - 08:13 PM

UncleBlitz, on April 16 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

Posted ImageAMCO, on , said:

Not happy after patch, issues with Hawken game client, endlessly synicing, stops working, freezes and connection lost issues have all cropped up since this new patch. I can't be the only one _

no no mate you arent the only one....got 4 disconnections in 1 hour (in the game and at the end of the game), with freezes (launch & leave buttons frozen)  ...i had to disconnect 4 times to jump back in...

weird thing :for short periods i wasnt able to fire but i still was receiving damages...

edit: i forgot to add that while re-joining i was added 2 times/3 in the wining team with the more players

I'm getting the same thing...
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

#56 De_Boedo_Vengo

De_Boedo_Vengo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 05:03 AM

Medium mechs needs to be balanced... they are OP.. no sacrife in Speed, armor or firepower.. Medium mechs are simply OP ,Walk shot walk shot, walk shot... Want an Easy game__ pick a medium mech..

#57 De_Boedo_Vengo

De_Boedo_Vengo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 05:07 AM

START WORKING ON PROMOTION, ADVERTISING OR SOMETHING.... this game is ALMOST DEAD... Can't find ppl to play in the servers... also there is no guild or clan sistem... need to work tons of things.. more maps...

#58 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 09:22 AM

Not really liking this whole "no force switch after 50%" thing, to be honest. I get why it's there, but if a match is a stomp and players from the stomped team start leaving and someone on the winning side isn't nice enough to volunteer to switch, the players who stay are not only punished for losing (score), but punished for staying (stomped), and punished if they leave (abandon stat). After all these matchmaker auto switch updates and changes, I'm really missing the team switch button more and more.

That aside, I'm noticing the West servers dwindling. For whatever reason there don't seem to be enough players on the them. I thought maybe it was just my MMR bracket, but it doesn't seem like it. I think I counted 4 active servers at one point last night, all of them ones I couldn't get into via the server browser. Tons of players on East, though. Too bad my ping on East sucks enough to be annoying, almost to the point where I don't want to play.

#59 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted April 22 2014 - 10:30 AM

View Post-Tj-, on April 22 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

That aside, I'm noticing the West servers dwindling. For whatever reason there don't seem to be enough players on the them. I thought maybe it was just my MMR bracket, but it doesn't seem like it. I think I counted 4 active servers at one point last night, all of them ones I couldn't get into via the server browser. Tons of players on East, though. Too bad my ping on East sucks enough to be annoying, almost to the point where I don't want to play.

I've noticed that West servers are really dwindling too, I've checked with my main (some 1850 MMR) and alt (~1500 MMR) accounts and they're pretty quiet most of the time. I also get atrocious ping on East severs that generally leads to unplayability. :/
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users