HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

So you want to play bruiser_ Get in here and listen to me, the king of Bruisers.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Goyo

Goyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 05:14 AM

Agreed 100%!  Hellfires require your target reticule to NOT be on the target to be used optimally.  So any sustained primary is just a waste of time even if it has an smc available.  UGH.. dont get me started on smc.

Edited by Goyo, April 21 2014 - 05:14 AM.

#22 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted April 21 2014 - 06:42 AM

Sorry guys. I tried to keep him in his cage, but gnawed through the bars.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#23 Planerunner

Planerunner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationHere. Right here.

Posted April 21 2014 - 07:45 AM

As it stands now, the Bruiser has awful weapon synergy between it's secondary and it's primary.

I wouldn't say awful, those are strong words. However, the key thing is the weapons themselves: both take time to use. The vulcan takes an eternity to spin up. This was fine back in the days of Ascension and such. But the devs have not adjusted this weapon nearly enough for the new TTK meta (which is true for many weapons right now). The Hellfires take time to reach their target (IF they reach their target).

Since both require a little bit of pre-planning to use, THAT seems to be the most unintuitive feature of the mech. Unfortunately, the SMC is the better weapon to compliment the Hellfires. The SMC has better range, decent fire rate, and no spin up time. And that's the sad tale of the Bruiser - the one weapon most players want to take (the vulcan) is not useful more often than not.

Posted Image

#24 Don_Veritas

Don_Veritas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSand Island Air Base

Posted April 21 2014 - 08:21 AM

HFs are not underpowered........ not since they updated their tracking awhile back.

Edited by Don_Veritas, April 21 2014 - 08:22 AM.

Posted Image

Props to Lucier for the Rainbow text.

#25 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted April 21 2014 - 09:02 AM

so... if you been dating a girlfriend and break up. does that mean that you plan to find a girlfriend exactly like ur ex_

don't scare me!!!

good guide btw
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#26 Wraithknight

Wraithknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted April 21 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostPlagueDoctor, on April 20 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

Posted Image

I appreciate your post.  I've been loving the Bruiser since I started playing (which hasn't really been that long, but I digress).  The idea of the SA Hawkins (maybe to replace the SMC, just to add some flavour) would be awesome, I was also thinking of the Flak/ReFlak/T32 Bolt to turn the Bruiser into a kind of dedicated AA mech (at least in principle, HF aren't so great against flying targets).  The Breacher idea is interesting, but I HATE the Breacher (EOC-R/EOC-P FTW).  

An idea for a G2-Bruiser might be double SA-type weapons for a quad-barrel AA feel and also sustained damage.  The new weapons might be SA-Helios (or something else) they would be twin-linked and fire in an alternating fashion with both weapons in a 1-3-2-4 pattern.

Right-top then Left-top then Right-bot then Left-bot.

Posted Image

It would look and feel cool and could provide mid-long range suppression.  Balancing it would be a numbers issue.  Thoughts_

#27 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted April 21 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on April 21 2014 - 06:42 AM, said:

Sorry guys. I tried to keep him in his cage, but gnawed through the bars.
Do you need help or_ I am willing to do it, I`ve worked with psychopaths before .
I`ll fix it later.

#28 Planerunner

Planerunner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 02:32 PM

An idea for a G2-Bruiser might be double SA-type weapons for a quad-barrel AA feel and also sustained damage.

I've always loved quad 50's ever since they almost (but not quite) redeemed Waterworld:

MOAR AMMO!

Just watch the first minute, don't torture yourself with the rest.

Posted Image

#29 Jaquio

Jaquio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationCoastal Carolina

Posted April 21 2014 - 02:39 PM

I was thinking, shouldn't popping cloak break lock-on_ It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense that it doesn't currently and it would give the Infiltrator/Predator more defined roles as Hellfire hunters(along with a Hellfire parry).

#30 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 02:42 PM

Technically the hellfires lock onto heat signatures and don't use optics. Stealthed units still emit heat (which is why predator can see other predators)

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#31 Don_Veritas

Don_Veritas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSand Island Air Base

Posted April 21 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostPlagueDoctor, on April 21 2014 - 02:42 PM, said:

Technically the hellfires lock onto heat signatures and don't use optics. Stealthed units still emit heat (which is why predator can see other predators)

Predators can see other Predators because they are both listed on the same watch sites.
Posted Image

Props to Lucier for the Rainbow text.

#32 Jaquio

Jaquio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 04:02 PM

View PostPlagueDoctor, on April 21 2014 - 02:42 PM, said:

I'm not talking about affecting lockon while cloaked, just so we're clear. I was referring more to the act of cloaking itself as a type of hellfire parry. Explain it lore-wise as a swap from optical to thermal tracking that caused the lock to break, or something.

I think it'd make an interesting counter to hellfire use, which would also justify a buff to the hellfires as well.

Basically, give me this:

Edited by Jaquio, April 21 2014 - 04:05 PM.

#33 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted April 21 2014 - 05:13 PM

had fun using bruiser last night. want one to add to the collection but its 12k :l

griiiiind

#34 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted April 21 2014 - 08:49 PM

Need to post something not useless.

Bruiser was the first mech I fully leveled up, but since after the Invasion update (I think) it just went downhill for me. The reason was because of the new ability, the new Hellfires and all of the air mobility, which I felt was wrong on the Bruiser since I've always looked at it as a tank, not a pretty pretty flying mech.
I`ll fix it later.

#35 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 09:42 PM

The old ability basically made you a C class for 10 or so seconds. The new ability effectively gives you an extra 100 health, if you time it right. 50 damage from a TOW is nothing to sneeze at.

E: also, it feels way cooler to shield block a missile than to take a little less damage for a while.

E2: Also ~teh skill~

E3: I'm not exact about the numbers. im guestimating. someone feel free to correct me

Edited by PlagueDoctor, April 21 2014 - 10:11 PM.

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#36 Jaquio

Jaquio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted April 23 2014 - 02:17 PM

I will say I've had a lot of success adapting DA into parrying a specific attack instead of wading in and popping it under heavy sustain. It really makes a difference in some fights.

I wonder how a Replenisher would work out, dropping the passive regen and instead having DA available even more often. It already has such a short cooldown, I dunno if it'd be worth it.

#37 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted April 23 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostJaquio, on April 23 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

I will say I've had a lot of success adapting DA into parrying a specific attack instead of wading in and popping it under heavy sustain. It really makes a difference in some fights.

I wonder how a Replenisher would work out, dropping the passive regen and instead having DA available even more often. It already has such a short cooldown, I dunno if it'd be worth it.

I guess that depends on how many assists Vs kills you are getting on avg. Seems like it could work really well tho

Personally having a ton of fun with Bruiser right now. HF do seem a little weak but I enjoy them nonetheless.

Edited by mccrorie, April 23 2014 - 02:44 PM.

#38 Planerunner

Planerunner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted April 23 2014 - 02:58 PM

Jaquio that video is amazing, thanks for posting. I grew up watching a lot of those fights. The Hellfire is a very poor attempt at a bullet hell (I wouldn't even call it a bullet heck), but that's what the devs have to work with in an arena FPS shooter.  Online game design constrains any dev trying to create a burst of individual tracking missiles and still keep a manageable ping for everybody.

Still, scenes from anime and missile clouds slapped into an online multiplayer FPS . . . . [sigh] . . . one day it'll happen.

Edited by Planerunner, April 23 2014 - 02:59 PM.

Posted Image

#39 Architect

Architect

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted April 30 2014 - 05:43 PM

@PlagueDoctor

I am a pretty big Bruiser fan myself and like playing him a lot, however recently my HFM seem to be ghosting through mechs a lot and end up costing me my life and kills. Have you had that problem recently_

Edited by Architect, April 30 2014 - 05:44 PM.

#40 Mechta

Mechta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted April 30 2014 - 09:43 PM

I  picked up the reaper first, then the rocketeer, then the incinerator, and the tech. Test drove the brusier briefly over the weekend and it will be my next use of hc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users