HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Post your suggestions to improve player retention here.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Rock_Roswell

Rock_Roswell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 12:15 PM

About seven miles out of town. =)

Online, I see something about some sort of an offline mode in this Ascension patch. Perhaps that's outdated info. I'll keep nosing around, but I am at work, natch. Oop -- found it on playhawken; System Requirements: "Broadband connection."

Thanks for your response though.

Now I see something in the April Patch Notes called Offline Death Match. If i can find it, maybe I can get some play anyway.

Edited by Rock_Roswell, April 25 2014 - 12:23 PM.

#22 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 01:09 PM

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaankings. It's not an end all of the retention issue, but (I've literally seen people say that they play for this on this forum) many people literally only feel rewarded by gaining a level, and once it's level 30, it's like "Hey, I've beat the game."

Sooooooooooooooo.
Variable rankings. I've posted this before, maybe two or twelve times, I'm not sure. Implement a rankings system where you can... *gasp* lose rank. Like 50 levels of that stuff. You lose rank by losing games or quitting them (also it could degrade at a slow rate over time not spent playing). The points gained or lost are multiplied by a (constant)(point contribution)/(time spent in game) ratio as well as the average MMR or rank of your team vs the other team. (Though with more players you could implement stricter ranking protocol whereby you only play with people within a certain range of your rank.)

And... yes. It is correlated to skill. Hawken is a team based game. It's very unlikely that if you're a bad player or bad teammate, you're going to be winning a lot of games. Also, it's got to be weighted, so that players gain rank faster at the beginning, and lose it slower, vs at the top, slower gain, faster loss. This was done in Halo 2 (though you could not join games in the middle, and servers waited for capacity) and it was very successful.

If you make the idea of winning the game or losing a game the primary factor in your rank, don't you think people would coordinate a little better the longer they play_ If people coordinated better, wouldn't the game be better_ If the game is better, if people feel more involved, wouldn't they want to come back_

Though, one other thing, as microphones were standard fare on the Xbox. We need hotkeys for voice/text commands. We need a better system of locating points on the map.
Posted Image

#23 BlueHusky13

BlueHusky13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 04:21 PM

New maps for hawken

#24 BlueHusky13

BlueHusky13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 04:25 PM

New maps to play for all game options and winning team picks the game map , teams vote to choose the map for game play.

#25 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted April 25 2014 - 06:49 PM

View Postticklemyiguana, on April 25 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaankings. It's not an end all of the retention issue, but (I've literally seen people say that they play for this on this forum) many people literally only feel rewarded by gaining a level, and once it's level 30, it's like "Hey, I've beat the game."

Sooooooooooooooo.
Variable rankings. I've posted this before, maybe two or twelve times, I'm not sure. Implement a rankings system where you can... *gasp* lose rank. Like 50 levels of that stuff. You lose rank by losing games or quitting them (also it could degrade at a slow rate over time not spent playing). The points gained or lost are multiplied by a (constant)(point contribution)/(time spent in game) ratio as well as the average MMR or rank of your team vs the other team. (Though with more players you could implement stricter ranking protocol whereby you only play with people within a certain range of your rank.)

And... yes. It is correlated to skill. Hawken is a team based game. It's very unlikely that if you're a bad player or bad teammate, you're going to be winning a lot of games. Also, it's got to be weighted, so that players gain rank faster at the beginning, and lose it slower, vs at the top, slower gain, faster loss. This was done in Halo 2 (though you could not join games in the middle, and servers waited for capacity) and it was very successful.

If you make the idea of winning the game or losing a game the primary factor in your rank, don't you think people would coordinate a little better the longer they play_ If people coordinated better, wouldn't the game be better_ If the game is better, if people feel more involved, wouldn't they want to come back_

Though, one other thing, as microphones were standard fare on the Xbox. We need hotkeys for voice/text commands. We need a better system of locating points on the map.

If that were the case I would want an option for No-Rank. Like a freelancer or some fuzzy bunny. Ranks are just an annoyance for me,

#26 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 06:50 PM

View Postmccrorie, on April 25 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

View Postticklemyiguana, on April 25 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

Sooooooooooooooo.

If that were the case I would want an option for No-Rank. Like a freelancer or some fuzzy bunny. Ranks are just an annoyance for me,

Absolutely. Totally forgot to mention that.
Posted Image

#27 BrenTonian

BrenTonian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 06:54 PM

Stop changing gameplay mechanics so much during patches. This latest patch is horrible, so different. Have to learn how to play all over each patch. SUX, may quit all together it is so frustrating.

#28 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted April 25 2014 - 09:58 PM

I would add that they fix the switch button on the game at play...If there are pilots joining the game...it should allow the player in the game already to switch over and the pilots joining the game at play be balanced into the game after...this would help the frustration one feels after a few have left a game they were clearly out matched in...Like others said more maps would be great...Also like the gent said also an actual offline no internet connection game play would be great especially for those with his kind of problem.....Just great ideas guys really great....................
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#29 Panzer1972

Panzer1972

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted April 28 2014 - 11:12 AM

I have 42 years old,  I played games for 20 years.  The game is  good
The developers have something good in their hands.
I have 8 mech Full Elite, ( I test the other mechs in Free test ) I don´t have interest to buy others mechs.

After 200 hours of gameplay ( one month + 1/2 maybe ...) and  after spent some money in cosmeticals.

I Will leave the Hawken and I will not play more.

Why_

I don't have nothing more to do.
END.

Suggestion  to developers, Clan Wars. like WoT.

GLOBAL MAP

Clan Wars is a browser-based follow-up to Hawken , allowing you to struggle for world supremacy. Unite in a clan to confront other challengers in fierce battles for territories on the Global Map. Owning provinces is not only a testimony to the clan’s success, but it also serves as a source of steady Meteor Credits income. Engage in the struggle for world domination!

Edited by Panzer1972, April 28 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#30 Tungstun

Tungstun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 11:47 AM

I've been loyal since the beginning, when open beta was first released (under two account names).  I haven't left the game but I play less than I used to - much less actually.  So I think the best ides I have read include: adding new maps though I think that is just a temporary fix.  What I think would be really cool is to develop an online campaign mode that lasts LONGER than10 minutes.  Let face it, many of us would like a knock-out, drag-out war with more mechs on the battlefield and multiple strategic, operational, and tactical objectives. This is a campaign that could last hours or even days.  Players would pick a team and could enter or leave the campaign at will (hey when the wife rings the dinner bell, you gotta go, right_).  But that would certainly drive m back to the game; after all my teammates need me right_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users