HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Let there be pony!

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 Memo_The_Rat

Memo_The_Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLaff at it

Posted October 02 2012 - 02:26 PM

I was referring to a great deal of the Non-Pony content that has found it's way into our thread. Fixed it to be more clear.

Also, the fact that I'm leading anything is sad. Just sayin.

Edited by Memo_The_Rat, October 02 2012 - 02:28 PM.

Posted Image

#22 FatNinjaWalrus

FatNinjaWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Locationbehind slenderman

Posted October 02 2012 - 02:39 PM

ah of course. silly me.

hey, you made the thread

dangit i can't find the one good one with luna running from the butterfly, so have this instead

Posted Image

Edited by FatNinjaWalrus, October 02 2012 - 02:42 PM.

Posted Image

#23 CrunchTheRobot

CrunchTheRobot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted October 02 2012 - 03:15 PM

Posted Image

Crazy Twilight came by for an extra friendly hello.

Posted Image

#24 Memo_The_Rat

Memo_The_Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLaff at it

Posted October 02 2012 - 03:26 PM

Posted Image
I got nothin.
Posted Image

#25 D_M01

D_M01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationStandby... .

Posted October 02 2012 - 04:16 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Misanthropiae_Magna

#26 kumiiyo

kumiiyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted October 02 2012 - 09:24 PM

0/10

Posted Image

#27 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted October 02 2012 - 11:31 PM

Memes.... are you guys 12_

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#28 ModnarSarhp

ModnarSarhp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationImperial Beach, CA

Posted October 03 2012 - 12:05 AM

Posted Image

I don't know who started this whole brony thing, but when I was a child, I watched Care Bears. Where's the community of pre-pubescent males that love Care Bears_ Do ponies have laser death beams that shoot from their chests_ I thought not.

Be sure to click on the emblem below to visit our forums!

Posted Image

One of the five elements that build the Earth, o great creator of flames. The light of salvation that gives birth to life, the light of judgment that punishes evildoers. While bringing peace and stability at the same time, it also destroys the cold and dark misfortune. Fire is the name, sword is the title! Show yourself, swallow thyself, turn it into power!

#29 DrProfessor

DrProfessor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted October 03 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostModnarSarhp, on October 03 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

Posted Image

I don't know who started this whole brony thing, but when I was a child, I watched Care Bears. Where's the community of pre-pubescent males that love Care Bears_ Do ponies have laser death beams that shoot from their chests_ I thought not.
I'm pretty sure if there's a community of people who watch carebares, it's the same one.

But... now that you bring it up... Death lasers from the chest_ The best we've got is Doppelganger insects fighting the Queen of rising the sun in a tug of war... of pain magic.

... But I don't save memes and pics to my computer like these dudes... Maybe someone follow up_

#30 Memo_The_Rat

Memo_The_Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLaff at it

Posted October 03 2012 - 05:40 AM

why save pics when you can link from the interwebs_ and because you asked for it...
Posted Image
Carebear Stare!!

Now I knda actually want to watch that show again, just to see if it was a s horrible as I remember.

As for why this thread is here:
Spoiler

Also, most of the people in said group are in thier early to mid-20's, some are quite a bit older, and I'm 28.

Edited by Memo_The_Rat, October 03 2012 - 06:15 AM.

Posted Image

#31 Memo_The_Rat

Memo_The_Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLaff at it

Posted October 03 2012 - 08:27 AM

[Redacted as post it was responding to went missing.]

Edited by Memo_The_Rat, October 03 2012 - 08:53 AM.

Posted Image

#32 FatNinjaWalrus

FatNinjaWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Locationbehind slenderman

Posted October 03 2012 - 09:59 AM

ponies don't need them on their chests, their horns can produce laser death beams.

so... am i the only one who wasn't too keen on the last episodes of season 2_ i just didn't like them as much as some of the others. also, everyone goes on about the music in those episodes, and i have always thought the composition for these shows was way above par. no simple dittys or repetatve tunes, but overlapping, complex stuff.  but once again i wasn't thrilled by it in those episodes. i seem to be the only person xD

Edited by FatNinjaWalrus, October 03 2012 - 10:00 AM.

Posted Image

#33 Memo_The_Rat

Memo_The_Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLaff at it

Posted October 03 2012 - 10:41 AM

yea. the last few episodes seemed to be more pandering to the older crowds, not the sappy care-free stuff that made it great. It's an unfortunate side effect of the older crowd having the money, methinks. but eh. still good stuff.
Posted Image

#34 Dashermkii

Dashermkii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 03 2012 - 04:57 PM

Yeah I hope they didn't change season three that much to try to fit the "older crowd"
on a side note YAY pony tread!

#35 Memo_The_Rat

Memo_The_Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLaff at it

Posted October 03 2012 - 05:49 PM

As long as they at least find a nice middle ground it should be fine. Cartoons have always had a habit of throwing things that were over kids heads in just to give a nod to adults. and that's fine. But if they start actually making the show for the older audience, thats when it won't be as endearing.
Posted Image

#36 ModnarSarhp

ModnarSarhp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted October 03 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostMemo_The_Rat, on October 03 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

why save pics when you can link from the interwebs_ and because you asked for it...
Posted Image
Carebear Stare!!

Now I knda actually want to watch that show again, just to see if it was a s horrible as I remember.

As for why this thread is here:
Spoiler

Also, most of the people in said group are in thier early to mid-20's, some are quite a bit older, and I'm 28.
=P I don't care if you watch My Little Pony, I just never understood why people choose Friendship is Magic over all the other heartwarming children's shows.

Posted Image

One of the five elements that build the Earth, o great creator of flames. The light of salvation that gives birth to life, the light of judgment that punishes evildoers. While bringing peace and stability at the same time, it also destroys the cold and dark misfortune. Fire is the name, sword is the title! Show yourself, swallow thyself, turn it into power!

#37 Memo_The_Rat

Memo_The_Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLaff at it

Posted October 04 2012 - 07:30 AM

I suppose because its modern and more clever than a lot of older shows. Also, If you've ever seen Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, The same person (Lauren Faust) is behind both shows, and they share that same kind of wit.
Posted Image

#38 SilverlightPony

SilverlightPony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 04 2012 - 06:26 PM

Posted Image

Hi!

#39 ModnarSarhp

ModnarSarhp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted October 04 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostMemo_The_Rat, on October 04 2012 - 07:30 AM, said:

I suppose because its modern and more clever than a lot of older shows. Also, If you've ever seen Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, The same person (Lauren Faust) is behind both shows, and they share that same kind of wit.
I do remember Foster's, I generally enjoyed every CartoonNetwork TV show that came before Chowder.

Posted Image

#40 Memo_The_Rat

Memo_The_Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLaff at it

Posted October 05 2012 - 03:28 AM

Agreed. I can't stand some of the new stuff on it. Adventure Time makes me want to club baby seals. With kittens. I suppose there is a reason I don't watch all that much TV anymore.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users