HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

UPGRADE THE OLD!!

Twitter Website Update Review Project Press Patch Game Forum News

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CobaltSteel77

CobaltSteel77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCaliforina

Posted May 01 2014 - 11:18 AM

They should give us more secondary weapons then more mechs. Stop giving more mechs in the game. Just give us more secondary weapons and primary weapons to unlock. Also unlocking the other mech parts, i hate it you cannot use paid skins on it or color it. It's so stupid they limited to the players. Players give them money.

https://www.playhawk...ession/upgrades

The CR-T mech on the link above, you cannot color it or use paid skins on it. That is very limited to players. i should be able to use paid skins on full upgraded mech. CR-T ONLY secondary weapon is a tow rocket___ REALLY___ You guys are really going to limit all mechs to one secondary weapon__ I'll just go back to ARMOR CORE games instead if you're really going to limited players. Upgrade the CR-T FULL RANKED MECH have hellfire missiles or have to valcans cannons or make up something new for a weapon. It's been a lllllllllllloooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg time without any upgrades to any of the old mechs. what you guys think_ DO you agree or disagree_

Edited by CobaltSteel77, May 01 2014 - 11:21 AM.

#2 leviestrada

leviestrada

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted May 01 2014 - 11:28 AM

the secondary weapon is distinctive weapon on each mech it's what makes them unic, so no, don't change that part

now, about painting the elite parts, there's already other(others) threads about it, and I agree they should be able to be painted
2014-02-15_00007.jpg
btw I love playing -smiley mustached face-

#3 007eleven

007eleven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 11:35 AM

You cant have more secondaries without making more mechs thats the problem.  The secondary is the "specialty item" on the mech.  If you want more secondaries suggest new mechs for them to make.

-007eleven

Posted Image

#4 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 11:52 AM

I like having more mechs. Otherwise there is no progression.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#5 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted May 01 2014 - 12:34 PM

More mechs (and maps) and keep secondaries as-is.
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#6 Dictatorfish

Dictatorfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 03:28 PM

I really wouldn't mind if they went the "League of Legends" route by releasing dozens upon dozens of mechs with dozens upon dozens of different secondary weapons.  I'm not at all a League of Legends nor any other DOTA-like games, but it's hard to argue the fact that the massive variety and variation of selectable characters not only gives the players a lot of options and strategies other games couldn't, it also helped to make it a massive cash-cow for the developers.

There seems to be this weird culture in which the transfer of money anywhere is seen as a bad thing.  But I'm in business, and I understand that money pays wages, it increases employment, it pays to train staff, it pays rent, it pays bills.  I like Hawken and I like Meteor Adhesive Games.  I will have no problem with them focusing their business on doing something that 1) benefits the players AND 2) makes them money.

I'm not even sure I would have gone with their universal camo idea; I'd just put massive camo discounts on rotation, e.g. "For this weekend only, 90% discount on pink-and-black check dye!" to encourage people to buy the dye for multiple mechs AND encourage them to buy dyes just in case because it's for a limited time only.  After all, when else does anyone really buy games on Steam_

Edited by Dictatorfish, May 01 2014 - 03:30 PM.

#7 Bjens

Bjens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 03:02 AM

Id like to see bigger maps. Now it seems to me more than not maps are urban/jungle or just tightly packed like, with exception of the snow map or the slightly open arid/desert map.

There should be more maps in rotation and more versions of these maps, as in bigger. In BF3 a in general huge and open map will be the default, then for smaller/faster games there will be a scaled down or just locked off part of the map.

I see many people claim scout mechs are overpowered and quite often I too see them dominating public games, but I think it's just the fact that 1: maps are small and really favor these mechs for the most part and 2: it's public games...

Bigger maps will be the equivalent of Jet/Helo/tank or just mechanized maps of BF3 where hellfire/sniper/tank mechs of this game would see greater use.

I think the problem with G2 mechs is how they are viwed from a public game perspective rather than a clanfight/tactical perspective where I suppose they are planned to fit in. In specialized roles. Bigger maps which with a greater possibility for tactical/strategic planning  will appeal to organized gangs of people. Naturally will also G2 mechs find their spot and dominate their role in such settings.

More and better maps and possibly more diversity in the already excisting game modes first, then more mechs, then global options of mech part customizing where the secondary and mech defining slot is left alone. Imo...

#8 CobaltSteel77

CobaltSteel77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCaliforina

Posted May 03 2014 - 05:19 PM

Good points Bjens.

#9 SOGSarge

SOGSarge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 07:17 AM

yes bigger more diverse maps - hell with water feature for cool splach down effcts and maybe even kewl the mech down -and agreed on Secordary weapons- more second weapons choices.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twitter, Website, Update, Review, Project, Press, Patch, Game, Forum, News

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users