HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

UK servers are dying

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 03:37 AM

Played yesterday evening again. One game was enough - ping between 300-1000. My broadband connection wasn't used by any other service/guy/program. The fact that this happens randomly and can disappear from one match to another bothers me b/c that means no repeatable pattern to troubleshoot is bad and it's highly demotivating to even launch the game.

#42 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted May 14 2014 - 05:02 AM

View Post1uster, on May 14 2014 - 03:37 AM, said:

Played yesterday evening again. One game was enough - ping between 300-1000. My broadband connection wasn't used by any other service/guy/program. The fact that this happens randomly and can disappear from one match to another bothers me b/c that means no repeatable pattern to troubleshoot is bad and it's highly demotivating to even launch the game.

Identical situation here.

Get your hard on.

#43 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted May 14 2014 - 05:30 AM

Time to fix problems, Adhesive. The title is no joke: if you won't fix these server issues soon, the European side of the game will just die off because no one likes to play with lag and people's patience is not endless.

Posted Image

#44 1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 06:33 PM

This evening again. First match high and fluctuating ping - the fluctuation being the big problem. Quiting the game and then I forced a reconnect of my broadband connection. Next match: normal ping, no issues. At the end of match the server crashed. Wth_ Of course next match on a different server I got again the ping flux issues... filled a support ticket now. Maybe they will respond... their response time is also very high in the range of weeks since steam switch - again highly fluctuating ;-)

I think I forgot to mention the word "again" in my text.

#45 BillOverbeckk

BillOverbeckk

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted May 14 2014 - 11:14 PM

It seems to be mostly something regarding routing and servers. The game creators should pull their weight and make the game server providers do better.

I only had a huge timeout issue with the game only once in last ~10 games, but it was server related, everybody started whining, I got a doublekill and was only shooting at one guy. Since its mostly EU players raging about this, I think  it's server related, not necessarily to the game developers. .

People should post how many hops they get to the UK / i3D german servers (need a sample IP for both)[font=sans-serif] and[/font] get the game server providers to better route information or find a solution.

Edited by BillOverbeckk, May 14 2014 - 11:14 PM.

#46 ScottRidley

ScottRidley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted May 15 2014 - 09:53 PM

View PostBillOverbeckk, on May 14 2014 - 11:14 PM, said:

It seems to be mostly something regarding routing and servers. The game creators should pull their weight and make the game server providers do better.
"Hello, Amazon Web Services support, my name is Jeff. How may I help you_"
"Hi this is uhm, ZamboniChaos of Adhesive Games. We're renting some EC2 instances for our game, Hawken. We got serious performance issues"
"Oh really. Ad-Hees-If_ Let me check your account... Okay. It says here you're running an average load of 0.00001 over all those instances. How do these performance issues manifest themselves_"
"Yeah uh, some of our players are reporting lags."
"Is that so. Well you could choose to rent just 20 servers instead of 200 and opt for our super awesome minimum-performance-guarantee package for only 9001% markup, it should maybe definitely solve your users' issues. Maybe. Eventually."
"This is not acceptable. Could I speak with a tech, please_"
"What did you say your name was_"
"ZamboniCha-"
"HAHAHA fuzzy bunny it. You're not paying us enough for me to care. Have a nice day." *click*

TL;DR: Get off AWS.
Posted Image

#47 UncleBlitz

UncleBlitz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Location...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Posted May 16 2014 - 06:41 AM

View Post[HWK]Defter, on May 12 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

View PostTheVulong, on May 12 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

View Post[HWK]Defter, on May 12 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

Can you tell me the names of the servers you are experiencing this on_
UK ones: DM, TDM, MA, no matter the number. And most of the i3D ones are unavailable - people can't join them.

View PostUncleBlitz, on May 12 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

UK TDMs (including the ex-EU ones)

( TDMs only because i didnt play anything else)

View Postrejwen, on May 12 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

Unfortunately is really difficult to join with party to i3D servers. In my case I feel a significant improvement of hits registration on i3D (ping 2 times better).

Do you ever have connection issues to any US server_

i played a couple of games on US east servers....and if my ping still higher there(130/150) than on UK/EU servers (110/130) it s for sure less laggy ( no more the feeling of up n downs and less delays in all shots...lets say on US all was more fluid and reactive)

Edited by UncleBlitz, May 16 2014 - 06:43 AM.

#48 1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted May 16 2014 - 08:08 AM

View PostScottRidley, on May 15 2014 - 09:53 PM, said:

TL;DR: Get off AWS.

The problem I am seeing: even on the new i3D servers it's the same. The ping flux isn't ranging from 300 to 1000 but 150 to 600 for example. Nothing to win here. That's the reason I have no hope with leaving AWS. Even if the devs say "We can't do anything about it b/c it's your fuzzy bunny ISP failing" I would be kind of happy. Like always answering, no matter how, feels better then leaving us completely in the dark.

I once recorded two sessions of Hawken with Wireshark.
The first working like it should. Ping of around 80 on UK servers. I don't have that much knowledge of the stuff appearing in the program but after a while you see some pattern. :-)
The second with the issues mentioned here. And there was - surprise! - more going on. Some TLS stuff like when you are using your garage!
Strange isn't it_ Like already said - I am not an expert with these stuff...
One of the Omega guys wrote a tutorial how you can check if your routing to AWS is broken. I tried it but couldn't clearly analyze anything out of the tracer tools...
Thing is: when I ping the AWS via cloudping.info everything is fine.

Edited by 1uster, May 16 2014 - 08:09 AM.

#49 ScottRidley

ScottRidley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted May 16 2014 - 08:35 AM

View Post1uster, on May 16 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

Thing is: when I ping the AWS via cloudping.info everything is fine.
You can be pretty certain it is your routing then, maybe your ISP is to blame, maybe not. Without being able to see it from your side, it's pretty much impossible to tell. You could try what some others here are doing and test using a VPN (look out for a local service in order to keep additional latency low, ask for a trial account if they don't offer it on the website already).

Also you could try opening a ticket with your ISP and let them investigate, it's their job after all ;)

Edit: for me, AWS and i3d are like night and day. AWS for me is not bad all the time but when it's bad, it gets real bad real fast.

Edited by ScottRidley, May 16 2014 - 08:39 AM.

Posted Image

#50 MechaMakishima

MechaMakishima

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted May 20 2014 - 01:49 PM

I've started to have this problem too, my ping goes from 200-500. Had a friend say he had same problem, this was on the UK servers. Finding a 3 star match is already impossible, 1 to 2 stars is either very boring or a stomp, this game is dying on it's arse because of little things like this. I hope you can fix it.
Posted Image

#51 Jonnywithanh

Jonnywithanh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationNear Oxford, UK

Posted May 25 2014 - 07:56 AM

Still the same, my cloudping result to Ireland is currently 140, it is normally 30-40 and same in game. AWS servers have 140 ish ping for me, the other ones i3d ping is normal at 40. Anyone got any info on this_ This is nearly 4x more delay than usual and has been constant for about four days now.

#52 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted May 25 2014 - 08:25 AM

well today I am back to my normal 100-110 ping,which makes me happy(ironic huh_ :P).maybe they fixed something up_

#53 [HWK]Defter

[HWK]Defter

Senior Systems Engineer

• Adhesive Games
  • 104 posts

Posted May 25 2014 - 04:24 PM

View PostOdinous, on May 25 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

well today I am back to my normal 100-110 ping,which makes me happy(ironic huh_ :P).maybe they fixed something up_

https://community.pl...ng/#entry530278

#54 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted May 25 2014 - 04:44 PM

thanks devs :D
question my normal 100 ping,I guess its my isp_and my location_(Greece)

#55 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 27 2014 - 11:39 AM

We've been playing on the Europe region like very well and more than well here.

So rumors and/or gossips; IMHO. :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users