HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

corsair kla xt mirv no range besides point blank.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Shjohn

Shjohn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted May 13 2014 - 06:59 AM

Ok before you rage at me hear me out.  I love the corsair kla and I know that the MIRV is supposed to be used for short range combat.  But the range it has only allows for point blank range.  And if you've been a c class with s small little a b*** jumping around you you know how frustrating that can be to fire like that.  I have missed countless shots due to the fact that I misjudged the distance by a little.  Also it could really use a cooldown reduction. 3.5 seconds is ridiculously long for a 1 shot weapon and compared to the OP TOW it does almost the same amount of damage and us less than half its cooldown.  I wouldn't expect both changes to the Corsair and I agree that would be over powered. Just consider

#2 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted May 13 2014 - 07:12 AM

OP tow_ What_

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#3 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted May 13 2014 - 07:33 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 13 2014 - 07:47 AM

View PostShjohn, on May 13 2014 - 06:59 AM, said:

Ok before you rage at me hear me out.  I love the corsair kla and I know that the MIRV is supposed to be used for short range combat.  But the range it has only allows for point blank range.  And if you've been a c class with s small little a b*** jumping around you you know how frustrating that can be to fire like that.  I have missed countless shots due to the fact that I misjudged the distance by a little.  Also it could really use a cooldown reduction. 3.5 seconds is ridiculously long for a 1 shot weapon and compared to the OP TOW it does almost the same amount of damage and us less than half its cooldown.  I wouldn't expect both changes to the Corsair and I agree that would be over powered. Just consider
The problem is the movement speed and the ability itself. The G2 Raider is the one with the problem if you ask me.

#5 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted May 13 2014 - 08:16 AM

If your ping is above 80, don't bother using the MIRV.

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on May 13 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

OP tow_ What_

Just that. OP tow.

Edited by DerMax, May 13 2014 - 08:17 AM.

#6 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted May 13 2014 - 10:06 AM

TOW nowhere close to OP but the observation on the MIRV is pretty much spot on IMO. I din't give much thought to the ping problem--makes sense but my ping is usually in the 40-60 range on East. My biggest complaint is the ridiculously long cooldown (which can get you destroyed when you miss).

Edited by caduceus26, May 13 2014 - 10:15 AM.

ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#7 Umbre

Umbre

Cat/Xeno Hybrid

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Canada

Posted May 13 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostShjohn, on May 13 2014 - 06:59 AM, said:

compared to the OP TOW it does almost the same amount of damage

TOW: 125
Corsair XT: 168

#8 Shjohn

Shjohn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted May 15 2014 - 06:53 PM

I agree that yeah its cooldown is painfully long (literary) and that's why it needs to be shortened.  I had high hopes for the corsair xt but it turned out to be exactly like the original and have an even LONGER cooldown.

#9 Shjohn

Shjohn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted May 15 2014 - 07:01 PM

Also the could make the pellets travel faster. That's probably  another big miss factor

#10 Ecdysis

Ecdysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNaglfar

Posted May 23 2014 - 03:46 AM

I feel its fine as it is, a range buff wouldnt hurt though.
Coffee

#11 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted June 20 2014 - 08:13 PM

Personally I'm fine with the way it is. In fact I actually liked it a bit more when the original KLA had the stats of the XT. Sure, missing a shot sucked, but when it hits, HOT DAMN it's a lot of damage.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users