HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Critical Assist

Clan

• Please log in to reply
1285 replies to this topic

#1281 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted Yesterday, 11:13 PM

I usually do not remember my dreams, but last night I dreamt in English (with horrible puns). :D

View PostTheVulong, on October 30 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

So, Houruck, Fantus, Braders, since the last time our Blur session didn't happen, how about we try it again this weekend_ TBH, this week has been somewhat boring since i had to quit my job due to the upcoming army check up where my fate shall be decided once again. Would be nice to get disctracted from all the sad graphic novels i've started to read too. :lol:
I waited for you guys the last time, but nothing happened. :(
I had a rather busy week with protests, friend's art exhibit, lockpicking workshop and I am already booked for next month (Video Games Live concert, PlayIT game show, Retro Gizmo Playhouse, Boardhacking workshop, Web Developer Conference, IDDQD blog meetup, Experience demoshow, Artemis game night, I will try out a sabre sparring next week and I have to start with the preparations for the Hackerspace birthday party) but I still want to do the Movember stream!!!

But I am free this weekend and I really want to do this!
And of course, as before: I am rooting for you Vulong, hope they will not enlist you. :|

I just showed this video to someone and now I can not stop smiling. :D

Edited by Houruck, Yesterday, 11:45 PM.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#1282 Vdragon

Vdragon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • LocationWhere you drink red wines, eat long breads, and put a beret on the top of your mech.

Posted Today, 12:50 AM

View PostHouruck, on October 30 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

View PostVdragon, on October 30 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Hey, check this game: http://empyriongame.com
It looks awesome (even better than Space Engineers!)
So it is the same minecraft is space concept, but now with planets and slightly worse graphics_ :)
Precisely! Also, it has a better weapon system, realistic orbit simulation, atmosphere simulation, aliens (many) , automated mining (!!!!!!!), and multiplayer built-in from the start (no weird bugs as we've seen in SE!!). Also, most of the features are already in the game (which wasn't the case of Space Engineers), they'll have a demo out soon, and one of their main focus for alpha is graphics (to address the "slightly worse graphics").

I acquired Fallout 3 as well, we could play it as well with VaultMP (and if you don't have it, it's on sale)

Edited by Vdragon, Today, 01:03 AM.

#1283 Fantus_Longhorn

Fantus_Longhorn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, UK

Posted Today, 03:13 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-29846285

Yay! :lol:

Posted Image

Hawken EMP Youtube Channel ~ Watch Previous Episodes Here

And unto us a clan is born...

"May all our assists be critical and all our kills be stolen. Amen"

#1284 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted Today, 03:56 AM

It is not over yet!
He still insist that this is not Internet tax (they only expand the already existing TELCO one) and the providers would pay it, not the customers. This is not true, because the providers can simply raise the prices to cover it or cancel infrastructure development projects or even reintroduce limited packages, so it would obviously hurt the quality of service. He only said that they will not introduce it now, instead they will do another "national consultation" as they did before. This means they will send out letters with questions about the issue, but of course they will phrase it in a horribly complicated and misleading way. They did this before to confuse people, so they will "vote" on the opposite of what they intended. And of course people like my father will vote for it (first of all he is a blind follower of this party and he does not care about the Internet). :(

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#1285 Pure_Amazing

Pure_Amazing

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted Today, 01:51 PM

View PostVdragon, on October 31 2014 - 12:50 AM, said:

View PostHouruck, on October 30 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

View PostVdragon, on October 30 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Hey, check this game: http://empyriongame.com
It looks awesome (even better than Space Engineers!)
So it is the same minecraft is space concept, but now with planets and slightly worse graphics_ :)
Precisely! Also, it has a better weapon system, realistic orbit simulation, atmosphere simulation, aliens (many) , automated mining (!!!!!!!), and multiplayer built-in from the start (no weird bugs as we've seen in SE!!). Also, most of the features are already in the game (which wasn't the case of Space Engineers), they'll have a demo out soon, and one of their main focus for alpha is graphics (to address the "slightly worse graphics").

I acquired Fallout 3 as well, we could play it as well with VaultMP (and if you don't have it, it's on sale)

Please god no, will people just leave this idea alone we don't need anymore games like Minecraft. The idea has been done to death (Even with the painfully obvious clones we saw in its earlier days) and for me got boring years ago, hell this very concept isn't anything new. As far as I know Minecraft in space has already been done (http://star-made.org).

Sorry for the little rant, its just one of those things I'm really tired of seeing and hearing about, this and freaking MOBA's.

View PostHouruck, on October 31 2014 - 03:56 AM, said:

It is not over yet!

Make sure they dam well know this fuzzy bunny should never be implemented and not replaced with some "Revised" version!

Posted Image

Member Of Critical Assist

Member Of The EMP Show

View PostAregon, on May 19 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

And we all know that if Pure first dislikes anything nothing will change that.

#1286 Vdragon

Vdragon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • LocationWhere you drink red wines, eat long breads, and put a beret on the top of your mech.

Posted Today, 05:44 PM

Please god no, will people just leave this idea alone we don't need anymore games like Minecraft. The idea has been done to death (Even with the painfully obvious clones we saw in its earlier days) and for me got boring years ago, hell this very concept isn't anything new. As far as I know Minecraft in space has already been done (http://star-made.org).

Sorry for the little rant, its just one of those things I'm really tired of seeing and hearing about, this and freaking MOBA's.
You're in fact quite misinformed on this: first, you have linked the, to say the least, worst game treating about building in space (at least it is generally elected as it by the tiny amount of people I know that know this game and by me).
You're doing a really crude parallel between two game which only have cubes and the sandbox/building in common (it's like comparing skyrim and borderlands, both are RPG, yet they are different, the cube thing being a side effect of the limited time users can put in the game, as a full featured modelling tool would be pretty painful if it had to be used for every element in game).
You're technically ranting about the whole building genre here (aren't there too much RPG or FPS already_ I mean, complaining about a video game genre is silly, as far as so called "genre" isn't defining what the game is from a to y [MOBAs... "We have plenty of maps, but they're all the same!"]).
So here are the difference between minecraft and this game:
-The modifiable objects are not only made of cubes
-The terrain is a real terrain, that can be modified as it (elevation map style).
-The graphics are totally different (retro-fuzzy bunny style vs "real" graphics, alpha goal is getting them upgraded)
-Multiple worlds, space
-Many different npcs and weapons
-Actual survival experience (I personally stopped playing minecraft ages ago because the game "survival" is actually to survive 3000 iteration of the same ennemy... pretty boring) : getting oxygen, fuel, food, and surviving the hazards (cf trailer).
and the list goes on...
The thing is, many fuzzy bunny construction based minecraft infiniminer-alike games are available, starmade is one of those, but ignoring real good games like Space Engineers (which is awesome in its kind, why would i even help kickstarting Empyrion if other games already had what it propose [some games actually showed objectives close to Empyrion's, and apparently, it never got completed; Yet empyrion already show footages of this specific features]), or Blockscape (srly http://www.blockscap...92751795253.png), that's ignoring something different.
Just don't hate construction games, because games in this category are as Rugby and Football, they both use balls.

Anyways, a demo will soon be released, so you'll be able to see by yourself.

Edited by Vdragon, Today, 05:56 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Clan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users