HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Anti-Cheat_

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 eRage

eRage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted October 11 2012 - 05:43 AM

What type of anti-cheat does Hawken use( or plan to use.). I 'd really hate for such a good game with so much potential to be ruined by cheaters, like so many other free FPS games out. PLEASE tell me Adhesive & Meteor are gonna go with Punkbuster, the only real anti cheat software out there...imo.

Edited by eRage, October 11 2012 - 05:44 AM.

Posted Image
http://www.youtube.c...ageTheBerserker
http://www.finalguild.com
“Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.”

#2 VertoPrime

VertoPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationHawaii (Oahu) USA

Posted October 11 2012 - 08:40 AM

Punkbuster is the most popular but the only surefire Anti-Cheat is a strict observe and report ban system with video capture or screen shot evidence, or constant server side monitoring for changes sadly though this kind of monitoring causes unbearable lag for some players.  I've played games where PB causes a false positive detection or glitch that sometimes interferes with game play, some Anti Cheats like Hack Shield is worthless and give a false sense of security.   When there is no fun in cheating there is no cheating so the best anti-cheat is a dedicated Gamer, I will report my own clan member for hacking after which he or she is discharged no if ands or but I didn't know "Hacking is for losers".
Posted Image
Win7 Home Premium 64bit, AMD Athlon ™ II X4 620 2.60 GHz, 6GB ram, Geforce GTX550 Ti 2gb

#3 eRage

eRage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted October 11 2012 - 10:07 AM

Hackshield, GameGuard etc are completely worthless as anti cheat like you said.. PB is the most popular for a reason, It's simply better then everything else in terms of anti cheat. While PB does have it's issue i think it is the best choice for a game like Hawken. Especially since they want this title to be a e-sport. Having top notch AC is a must.
Posted Image
“Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.”

#4 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted October 11 2012 - 11:40 AM

Slight problem. If Adhesive puts out a 64-bit EXE guess what. Punk buster does not work with 64 bit exes. its only a 32bit system.

#5 veradosa

veradosa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 13 2012 - 03:19 AM

punkbuster is hopeless,there are so many ways to bypass it,also vac is hopeless see homefront for how easy it is for cheats to bypass and ruin the best shooter out there ...to date.

#6 eRage

eRage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted October 13 2012 - 04:34 AM

View Postveradosa, on October 13 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

punkbuster is hopeless,there are so many ways to bypass it,also vac is hopeless see homefront for how easy it is for cheats to bypass and ruin the best shooter out there ...to date.
even tho pb can be bypassed, it's still better then other anti cheat/no anti cheat at all. and home front wasn't really a good shooter lol.
Posted Image

#7 darkwings

darkwings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 15 2012 - 06:52 PM

i realize that cheating is a big problem, but for every way that meteor blocks cheating, a new way will be found. this is relevant to anything that has to do with any game anywhere from checkers to MMOs.
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on the human face - forever."
-George Orwell
Posted Image

#8 HotDog

HotDog

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted October 16 2012 - 08:23 AM

There are Anti-Cheat Modules in the market that Monitor:

- Local Userfiles (Hashvalues) = User cant Edit these Files to cheat! - Mandatory
- Memory IO Operation = Makes Cheats not work since Adresspools are Riported back to server! - Banwave
- Click Monitoring = Mouse Keyboard logs to see if user of Cheats has a routine - Banwave
- Secondary EXE or Script Monitoring = Autoit, Winrobots, Autohotkey and so on have a special signature - Mandatory
- Allot of Disconnects = AFK Botting routine handling - Banwave
- Gamelogs = Prevents Bug using - Banwave becouse of evidence!

and this is only the surfice!

Allot can be made by the Community to report AFK Players or Players that have a odd advantige. This can only alert the Admins that have to balance out if the Player did it intensionaly!

---------

These Systems cost allot of money and need to be costumized...

-----------

HotDog

Posted Image

#9 Mykep

Mykep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted October 16 2012 - 10:35 AM

Well if they do hosted servers, I'd like to have one person be capable of moderating a server. It's quick and easy.

It's the herc, chicks dig the herc

Posted Image

#10 Retribution002

Retribution002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted October 18 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostMykep, on October 16 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Well if they do hosted servers, I'd like to have one person be capable of moderating a server. It's quick and easy.

the problem with moderated servers is how do you kick someone_ is it by vote_ cos half the playing community ignores votes.

if its the moderators choice then it becomes open to abuse, i have had it happen before where there will be 5 or 6 players and you join, but get kicked cos they don't want you, or don't like that you are better then them, or want their mates in, or want to enforce a particular set of game rules (eg snipes only) in a game that's designed for freedom.

there would have to be restrictions on what a moderator can do, and then we land back at square one.

#11 Mykep

Mykep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted October 18 2012 - 02:42 PM

View PostRetribution002, on October 18 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

View PostMykep, on October 16 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

the problem with moderated servers is how do you kick someone_ is it by vote_ cos half the playing community ignores votes.

if its the moderators choice then it becomes open to abuse, i have had it happen before where there will be 5 or 6 players and you join, but get kicked cos they don't want you, or don't like that you are better then them, or want their mates in, or want to enforce a particular set of game rules (eg snipes only) in a game that's designed for freedom.

there would have to be restrictions on what a moderator can do, and then we land back at square one.

Usually just opening up the ` key above the tab. Type in /kick username. If you're getting abused in a server, dont go back to it. Pretty simple. If I have a server for me and my mates, I'd keep it open for the public. If someone is an asshat, I kick them. If they decide to come back, I'll ban them.

Simple stuff really. Most people who dont want you in the game will run a private server, and if they want a particular set of rules, they'd establish it in the title of the server.

-SNIPERS ONLY MAP-KICK IF NOT IN
-TFW v, SS WARLORDS MATCH DO NOT COME IN
-TFW OPEN SERVER COME SAY HI.

Posted Image

#12 Xyzz

Xyzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted October 19 2012 - 04:29 PM

Not only are anti-cheat software important, but there should also be an option for anyone in the game to type in a "/kick [insert player name here]" type of command, and get a consensus by voting yes or no.

Posted Image

#13 Retribution002

Retribution002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted October 19 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostXyzz, on October 19 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

Not only are anti-cheat software important, but there should also be an option for anyone in the game to type in a "/kick [insert player name here]" type of command, and get a consensus by voting yes or no.

with the vote, what is the majority vote_ 7 of the 12 players or 3 of the 5 players that voted_ thats a problem that i find is that alot of voting isnt completed by all players, and the majority vote tends to be majority of players on the server.

#14 Xyzz

Xyzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted October 19 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostRetribution002, on October 19 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

View PostXyzz, on October 19 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

with the vote, what is the majority vote_ 7 of the 12 players or 3 of the 5 players that voted_ thats a problem that i find is that alot of voting isnt completed by all players, and the majority vote tends to be majority of players on the server.

Very good question. What I can think of is the system should choose certain amount of players at random from each team to vote depending on the total number of players in a match. Here's a scenario:

Let say a match with a total of 10 players, 5 on each team. A potential hacker is identified by players of the opposing team, someone typed "kick" command and the system start the voting system. Here's the catch, the call sign of that potential hacker will not be shown, so the system simply display a message like, "A player has been reported of suspected misconduct, if you believe this is true, press 1 to vote, otherwise press 0 to quit."

If the person presses 0, the system will choose the next voter at random.

System's 1st method:
3 randomly chosen players from each team (total of 6 voters) have to vote within a given time frame, as little as 10 sec, public and team chat will be unavailable under that time frame to prevent from fixed voting.

System's 2nd method:
If the result of the 1st method is a tie (3 yeses and 3 nos), the system will randomly choose another 6 players, but this time, the number of selected voters from each team is not guaranteed, this means that voters of 2 could be coming from one side and 4 on the other. Time frame and unavailability of public and private chat will still be in effect at the time of voting.

If the result of the 2nd method is still a tie, it will continue on with the 2nd method until it is either a yes or a no decision.

Posted Image

#15 VertoPrime

VertoPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationHawaii (Oahu) USA

Posted October 21 2012 - 12:07 PM

Still the best Anti cheat is a strict ban system with video and screen shoot evidence...when you constantly lose player stats it is just not fun to play anymore.
Posted Image
Win7 Home Premium 64bit, AMD Athlon ™ II X4 620 2.60 GHz, 6GB ram, Geforce GTX550 Ti 2gb

#16 Mykep

Mykep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted October 21 2012 - 12:53 PM

Well thats why I'd agree a private server that people can own is a quicker, easier system. I'd rather have someone kicked on the spot than to have people suffer game after game waiting for someone to be banned. Sure, you can employ a ban method at a game level (If a game moderator bans you, you can no longer play hawken) but I also think there should be moderating at a server level (If someone goes into a public server you create, you have the ability to kick him if he is acting like a poo.)

It'll take urgency off the table, and give the moderators time to work through all complaints. Soon, people will settle into their 'usual' servers, playing with people they usually play with. And most often those servers are well moderated.

Posted Image

#17 Drone

Drone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted October 22 2012 - 01:13 AM

When I see a hacker/cheater. I just hack better, and ddos attack their ip :3 = owned.

*edit* for a week.

Edited by Drone, October 22 2012 - 01:14 AM.

This platform is ready. Come at us...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image
www.blacksteelbrotherhood.enjin.com

#18 Darkbolt

Darkbolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted October 23 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostDrone, on October 22 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

When I see a hacker/cheater. I just hack better, and ddos attack their ip :3 = owned.

*edit* for a week.

your an fuzzy bunny that just admint publicly that you do illegal things DDOS is ILLEGAL and a punishable crime nice job fool lolz

#19 Warhawko5

Warhawko5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationScotland East coast

Posted October 24 2012 - 01:44 PM

Well cheaters should be banned and have their IP's blocked at the ISP server to stop them for good.

Cheaters spoil games and make it bad of the players and the game makers.

#20 SprStnd

SprStnd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGermany Berlin

Posted October 26 2012 - 05:18 AM

there are such things called dynamic ip`s. pretty standart over here in germany, so banning a single ip does not help much, as i know you would have to ban ip ranges to ban ppl with dynamic ip´s but that also banns other potential players out of the same ip range.
"mahatma gandhi, ma nich."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users