HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Anti-Cheat_

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 BrokenLegion

BrokenLegion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted October 26 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostWarhawko5, on October 24 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

Well cheaters should be banned and have their IP's blocked at the ISP server to stop them for good.

Cheaters spoil games and make it bad of the players and the game makers.

Totally agree because alot of the F2P shooters are ruin because of cheaters and the popular ones don't really do much about cheaters

#22 madeskimo

madeskimo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted October 31 2012 - 07:28 PM

punk buster  drops you from game too much to even be considered play 10 15 minutes  and them punk buster  drops you out  game.

#23 KidGrim

KidGrim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNewton, NC

Posted November 07 2012 - 11:07 AM

Yea, unfortunately punkbuster has become, and let's be honest here, A piece of complete and utter wasteofspace.

People constantly getting errors making any game with PB useless and unplayable from the get-go, random PB game ejects, PB detecting hacking software that isn't there (You know, like NOTEPAD. *facepalms*).

Punkbuster may have been the best, it it could still BE the best, but far too many people have problems with it for it to be useable. Not to mention I happen to be one of those people that PB does not let into games. Random unfixable errors are annoying.

#24 deadpresidents

deadpresidents

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted November 07 2012 - 11:48 AM

esea client for cs go seems to work quite well, lets copy that!

#25 gunhe4d

gunhe4d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostKidGrim, on November 07 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

Yea, unfortunately punkbuster has become, and let's be honest here, A piece of complete and utter wasteofspace.

People constantly getting errors making any game with PB useless and unplayable from the get-go, random PB game ejects, PB detecting hacking software that isn't there (You know, like NOTEPAD. *facepalms*).

Punkbuster may have been the best, it it could still BE the best, but far too many people have problems with it for it to be useable. Not to mention I happen to be one of those people that PB does not let into games. Random unfixable errors are annoying.

Hyperbole does not do argument's justice, so you might wanna avoid that.  BF3 uses punkbuster and it seems to do just fine, hardly a "complete and utter wasteofspace"  The examples you give are outliers, hardly the common experience for the vast majority of players.

#26 Darkbolt

Darkbolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 04:55 PM

Allow us to host our own servers aka police them our self. Give us a basic anti cheat prog and a robust admin system and its up to us simple :D Worried about online store_ have every server link to the online store automatically. This works and has worked for years in other games.

#27 irogue

irogue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 10:40 PM

Sadly voting doesn't help it will escelate into immature "u mad bro" or "where is your proof lolz" replies.

I have even seen it become fashionable of late that the other team will know a player is cheating (talking about a different online game here) and they laugh at the other team and refuse to kick the cheater.

I think the only true method to stamp out cheating owuld be an internal hardware layer that can detect and block anything that isn't signed from a whitelist of files and signatures through soemthing like verisign or such with a strong algorithim / key system, but doing this risks closing down an open ended operating system i guess and also the worry of who foots the bill for such a thing.

I know intel yrs ago had the above idea and demonstrated it, i am nto sure where they went witht he idea but yeh i personally run dedicated servers for other games and see plenty of logs and videos showing ppl cheat it is more prelevant thatn ppl assume tbh in online gaming sadly than in past yrs and not just tdue to the increase in the number of gamers, the increase is due to pppl thinking it to be acceptable or "if they cheat so can i" excuse etc.

#28 Darkbolt

Darkbolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 03:42 PM

There is NO miracle pill that makes you not FAT! ONLy healthy diet and exercise works. Same could be said about anti cheat like PB. For one every game i own that uses PB is unplayable period. The ONLY way to effective handle cheaters is ALLOW players to host their OWN servers give us basic anti cheat detection and and a robust admin system and we can police our OWN servers and meteor will not have to worry to much about it. All they simply need to do is patch holes we find we ban or kick who ever we like in our own servers **PROBLEM SOLVED**

PS- Allow a system where server owners can submit names to a global list of known cheaters. These can in turn be reviewed by and registered server owner to either look,submit or otherwise also meteor or who ever would have a great database of bad players aka cheaters/script kiddies or hacks  

dont tell me this is hard because it is not i myself have developed many systems like this and it is cheap and the most logical way and EFFECTIVE way of handling cheaters

#29 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 25 2012 - 07:00 PM

I dont worry about this too much, I believe the dev's and the community will do their part to help keep this game fair and fun.
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#30 Memag

Memag

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted November 28 2012 - 06:09 PM

Just saw a guy (R****H) getting 15 kills score for 1 kill.
How is this possible_ We were in first 30 seconds of the game, never understood how those guys pile them up so fast.
There are few of them alright.

Edited by Memag, November 28 2012 - 06:11 PM.

Former Hawken enthusiast.

#31 ScHizNiK

ScHizNiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 28 2012 - 07:04 PM

Something I posted a while ago and is my opinion on cheat detection systems.

View PostScHizNiK, on September 17 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

I think the problem with hack detection is due to the way they detect hacks, they tend to look at the program that is used to hack rather than the way the player acts when the hack is active.
At the moment what happens is -anti hack updated > anti hack detects hack > Hack updated > Hack not detectable > Anti hack updated and so on.
But if player actions were recorded and applied to a graph (cross-hair movement/time, target acquisition/time, time to fire on target acquisition) it would be easy to see the patten made by an automated system.
You use this data set to help set thresholds on what is deemed humanly possible and when these threshold were broken by player actions, say 3 times in one minute then the player would be kicked (not banned) from the server.
What this would mean is that a legit player would never get banned if they had a super human moment yet someone who would be using an automated aiming system would effectively get blocked every 1 min of play.
This is important as well because lots of anti hack systems at the moment use delayed bans to help hide what is detected from the hack producer but the main problem with this is that hackers effectively get given free time to ruin the game for legit players.

IMO this would work a lot better/cheaper than any system set up to deal with player hackusations since systems like this are highly abusable and require staff to process these claims.

Posted Image

I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

#32 veradosa

veradosa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 02:15 AM

why cheat_ i dont get it...you against other players...who is the best....you kill a game off,because no one can tell who is better on that day,just who has the best game hack/cheats it does my head in.

#33 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 27 2012 - 02:22 AM

View Postveradosa, on December 27 2012 - 02:15 AM, said:

why cheat_ i dont get it...you against other players...who is the best....you kill a game off,because no one can tell who is better on that day,just who has the best game hack/cheats it does my head in.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#34 Kitsunin

Kitsunin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 02:49 AM

Ugh. Punkbuster might work a little bit, but I must say that it's the most obnoxious thing ever. Because of PB registry errors I can't play Battlefield Heroes, for instance. Not to mention random disconnects from other games that use it.

#35 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 27 2012 - 02:56 AM

I'd rather the devs not use Punkbuster, especially since from what I heard, it's very easy to work around.

The best anti-cheats are the ones not mass-marketed. You can count stuff like Punkbuster, Gameguard, etc. right out, because it's just a constant game of cat-and-mouse, and it's also very familiar to cheat creators.

We're never going to be fully rid of cheaters, but the best way to reduce cheating is to make cheating more difficult than it's worth, which is something that those don't really do. Plus with a Free-to-Play title, all they have to do is sign up for a new account, unless they go by things like MAC checks or something.

Edited by DarkPulse, December 27 2012 - 02:56 AM.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#36 kinining

kinining

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 03:23 AM

View Postveradosa, on December 27 2012 - 02:15 AM, said:

well its call stats (K/D/A ratios) and egotistically nature of stats, everybody wants to have a 22-0 so just uses bots

Edited by kinining, December 27 2012 - 03:23 AM.

#37 Psychron

Psychron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted August 13 2013 - 08:12 PM

While banning has it's place, I prefer to white-list people ... a.k.a. friends list.

Just friend the people you like to play with as you meet them: Invite them to your games, join the games they're in, and eventually when the feature is ready use the party system.  Plus if a "friend" is cheating, you can always unfriend them ;)

#38 DYLANDYON

DYLANDYON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted August 14 2013 - 03:11 AM

They could also recruit some passionate forum members to become in game moderators to keep the cheaters away from the system. As long as they have sturdy opinion and are trustful forum members.

#39 CALL0US

CALL0US

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 25 2013 - 06:58 AM

You'll never keep cheating out = people would rather buy there skills then play the game and get good. its just the reality of online play and anonymity. If the worst they get if a few day ban or even a perm ban thelll just make a new account and do it all over again I think hackers will be the death throw of online fps..

#40 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted December 26 2013 - 10:31 AM

Y U PPL BUMB DEAD THREAD Q_Q
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users