HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Scrambled Voice Overs

Beta Game

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Erebus77

Erebus77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted May 22 2014 - 01:08 PM

Hello guys,

In the past weeks i have been experiencing some strange voip behavior.

Sometimes when I log into the game, Even before startin any matches, I can hear the voice chat of people in other games.
The strangest thing is that they're not on my friend list. If I push the CTRL key, i can talk back to them (thus I discovered they are in other matches and not in my friend list or anything related.)

If I enter a Match, I can still hear the same people talking. It is specilly distracting because sometimes they discuss tactics, enemy positions and general topics completely unrelated to the match im playing (of course). If I push ctrl during the match, I talk to these people (from other games) instead of the players in the match with me (witch cant hear me).

The only way I have found to Loose this interference is to exit the game and re enter. Alternatively I have lowered the incoming transmission volume on the settings to mute them altogheter. But, if I also lose the possibility to chat with my team mates.

And today, while playing a coop bot destruction match, I started to hear scratching sounds (as if the user was using a mouse without a mousepad - on a bare hard surface and keyboard noises. I tried to push ctrl and talk back and discovered that the user on the other side was playing COOP deathmatch (Other match). His Mic was also continuously "open" and he stated that he was not pushing any buttons to transmit.

I have no other voice chat software installed, and I am playing hawken through STEAM.

Sorry I cannot be more specific on how to reproduce this malfunction. But it Sucks... Badly!

Other than that, the game is better and better at every patch!

Thanks!

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted May 22 2014 - 01:31 PM

Well, this problem use to happen to me before, and to few of my friends from my old crew. All you need to do is to reboot the game. Those guys you're hearing were guys you played with already, it's a VoIP conflict. Thought it was fixed.

But, well, that was a hell of a good job, you broke the game too !!!

Posted Image

#3 KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLast Sighted: Praxis Valley

Posted May 22 2014 - 01:53 PM

Why don't I ever get cool glitches...

I would have totally gone on a spree about Hawken being haunted and stuff.
Posted Image

eth0 said:

are you made of cupcakes and puppies_

View PostSylhiri, on July 13 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

Never underestimate the power of the epeen.

View PostSatelliteJack, on July 13 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Droppin' wisdom bombs

#4 plons

plons

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted May 22 2014 - 02:53 PM

so i'm not the only one who's hearing voices .........i'm not crazy whooooo

#5 Miles_Deathridge

Miles_Deathridge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 04:50 PM

My question is similar...I need to know if you know what to do about having the microphone work for exactly one match and then never again_ It's as if the settings take hold for one game and when the map cycles to the next one, all those settings go out the window...it's very frustrating not being able to communicate with my teammates

"I drank what..._"
                             - Soctrates

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users