HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How to not get stomped in a 'fair' fight as a Pred_

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: Are my observations on the Predator correct_ (11 member(s) have cast votes)

(Please elaborate in a post.)

1. Completely (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Mostly (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. Somewhat (6 votes [54.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

4. Not at all (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted June 01 2014 - 01:00 AM

View PostLightangel112, on May 31 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

View PostMeraple, on May 31 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

View PostLightangel112, on May 31 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

The thing I find with shields is, that I just about get in 2 shots before they get through it, if they are boosting they take less dmg thanks to deflector, and the breacher dmg is also reduced thanks to the shields. Imo it isn't worth it to get away, I either go all the way or die trying, simple ideology imo. I go for broke, if I'm going or about to go down, I take someone with me, at least!

Shields aren't only for shooting through them.
I often dance around in them with others,
using the Shield to pop a flak-mode Breacher in their face and then dodging in or out of it.
Yeah I know it can be pretty cool to pull off and I know OmegaNull does this well too. It's just not something I am fond off doing in my play-style much off or at all.

My main predator RIP-S has no Shields either.
I basicly do the same you do, except I go into people's faces instead of corner poking.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#42 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted June 01 2014 - 07:19 AM

View PostAmidatelion, on May 31 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

View PostLightangel112, on May 31 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on May 30 2014 - 07:51 AM, said:

View PostLightangel112, on May 30 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

I prefer items that can deal dmg without the heat. EMP is great, but it doesn't fill this requirement. Though I can finish most people in the limit, if I get another opponent right after I may overheat and die as a result. I will try MK2 Det and EMP in future see how it goes, I like both. If you have breacher you don't need emp for shields or blockades as slug breacher can go through both.

Internals anything with Air Compressor is debatable, but you need AC to be aggressive with Pred. I like using deflectors and basic failsafe on my pred. The double shot is a slug shot and flak round after it, the delay is only 1 second instead of the full 2 seconds. People should use the 1-2 puck breacher combo more as it does 160 dmg in straight shots in the mid range. Very effective.

Imo the height radius of pucks is now = to a B class mech now. Most mechs fly height is double of this so fairly easy to get people flying up now. I like Breacher most and EOC R isn't far behind breacher imo, I just hate that T-32 weapon, absolute garbage.

I've been using EMP for the past week. It's interesting, but I've found my shields to be far more useful. Place one if you're low on health and on the run, place one if both you and your enemy are low on health and breach through it, place one then curve around it to avoid as much fire as possible.
The thing I find with shields is, that I just about get in 2 shots before they get through it, if they are boosting they take less dmg thanks to deflector, and the breacher dmg is also reduced thanks to the shields. Imo it isn't worth it to get away, I either go all the way or die trying, simple ideology imo. I go for broke, if I'm going or about to go down, I take someone with me, at least!

Professional Yolodriving.

I love that phrase, and in it rests my aspirations. That's all I want out of life: To be a Professional Yolodriver.

I plan to dump EMPs pretty soon. Thinking about replacing them with radar scramblers. Thoughts_

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, June 01 2014 - 07:20 AM.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#43 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on June 01 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

I love that phrase, and in it rests my aspirations. That's all I want out of life: To be a Professional Yolodriver.

I plan to dump EMPs pretty soon. Thinking about replacing them with radar scramblers. Thoughts_

Scramblers have too small of a range in order to be worth it.
I'd reccomend 2x Repair Orb, 2x Shield for playing Predator.

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver, just go with 2/3 Dets and the rest EMPs.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#44 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted June 01 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

Scramblers have too small of a range in order to be worth it. I'd reccomend 2x Repair Orb, 2x Shield for playing Predator.

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver, just go with 2/3 Dets and the rest EMPs.
THIS "!^^!" This will be my new SIG!

I used to rock a scrambler, but I replaced it with an EMP now. Scanner just over rides it and the radius on scrambler isn't that big of an effect to warrant its use imo. Not worth it.

Edited by Lightangel112, June 01 2014 - 01:51 PM.

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#45 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted June 01 2014 - 01:53 PM

I roll with emp and barriers  to troll. :3

#46 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted June 01 2014 - 02:02 PM

Scramblers have too small of a range in order to be worth it.
I'd reccomend 2x Repair Orb, 2x Shield for playing Predator.

Alright. I like the thought of EMPs, but I can't get the hang of them. They generally don't seem to last long enough to be worth it. If EMPing someone will save my life, I can usually beat that person anyways by using cover. If EMPing someone will let me escape, a shield will do the same thing, but for a longer amount of time. And don't get me started on self-EMPs. Gotta stay so far back that by the time I've returned the EMP will have worn off.

View PostLightangel112, on June 01 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

Scramblers have too small of a range in order to be worth it. I'd reccomend 2x Repair Orb, 2x Shield for playing Predator.

THIS "!^^!" This will be my new SIG!

I used to rock a scrambler, but I replaced it with an EMP now. Scanner just over rides it and the radius on scrambler isn't that big of an effect to warrant its use imo. Not worth it.

Make sure to quote it! B) Cool people quote stuff.

Didn't know scanners work to counter scramblers.

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, June 01 2014 - 02:02 PM.

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

#47 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted June 01 2014 - 02:33 PM

An EMP lasts for 7 seconds. That's enough time to kill a C mech.

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#48 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted June 01 2014 - 04:10 PM

View PostLightangel112, on June 01 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

True. Maybe I'm simply not using them right. I only pop EMPs when I'm low on health.

#49 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on June 01 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

True. Maybe I'm simply not using them right. I only pop EMPs when I'm low on health.
If your on low life, better to use shields and repair charges than an emp, cause you may have gotten 1 person disabled, but what if there is another near by how would you deal with that then_ Throw another emp_ By which time the first person has been restored. I would use EMP if you are about to overheat or have overheated. I mean if you did emp someone when on low life, even if you boosted away they could just follow you and wait to fire at you again..

Edited by Lightangel112, June 12 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#50 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted June 13 2014 - 01:30 AM

EMP is 3 seconds. 7 seconds was way, way back.

#51 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted June 13 2014 - 05:57 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on June 01 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

From what I've noticed, they do not negate the scrambler's effect, the scanner just adds the correct dots to the mix.

#52 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted June 13 2014 - 03:11 PM

View Postmmm_yep, on June 13 2014 - 05:57 AM, said:

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on June 01 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

From what I've noticed, they do not negate the scrambler's effect, the scanner just adds the correct dots to the mix.
Yeah basically, it points which dots on your radar are the real dots vs the fake ones.

View PostKopra, on June 13 2014 - 01:30 AM, said:

EMP is 3 seconds. 7 seconds was way, way back.
Oh my mistake sorry about that. Yes it is 3 seconds now, ops.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users