HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Testing Maps Early (Offline Commands)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Mnemosy

Mnemosy

Dev Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted October 24 2012 - 09:37 PM

Bot support is currently incomplete and untested, pathfinding and AI isn't likely to behave properly.
After a round with bots it will indicate that you are receiving XP but you do not actually gain any.

Press ~ to bring down the console.
Type: open (map name here)
For example: open DM-Sahara
The map will load.
Type: AddBots N
Subsitute any number for N.

DM Map(s)
DM-Andromeda
DM-Sahara
DM-Alleys
DM-Titan

Missile Assault Map(s)
MA-Titan
MA-Sahara

Siege Mode Map(s)
SG-Titan
SG-Sahara

Test/Training Map(s)
DM-Boxmap
DM-TrainingFacility

In regards to Siege Mode only, type in "LaunchShip [Index]" where index is 0 or 1.
This should give players a chance to familiarize themselves with the maps before Closed Beta kicks off.

Edited by Mnemosy, October 25 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#2 GunsnButter

GunsnButter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationMS, USA

Posted October 24 2012 - 09:55 PM

DM-Titan

SG-Titan

LaunchShip [Index] where index is 0 or 1.

#3 c0mad0r

c0mad0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA. USA

Posted October 24 2012 - 09:58 PM

10m left on download... *hyperventilating*
It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools. Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers. -Illiad

Check out my: HAWKEN MUMBLE SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN TEAMSPEAK SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN INI's EXPLAINED

#4 Mnemosy

Mnemosy

Dev Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted October 24 2012 - 09:58 PM

Thanks GnB, that should be all the map names now.

#5 GunsnButter

GunsnButter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationMS, USA

Posted October 24 2012 - 10:02 PM

Other highly useful commands:

God - unlimited fuel and invulnerability. Handy for exploring!
SetWeapons [LeftWeaponIndex] [RightWeaponIndex] where index starts at 0 and goes through 10 for left weapon, 5 for right weapon
GiveItems [SlotIndex] [ItemIndex] Where slotindex is 0, 1, or 2 (the item slot) and itemindex goes through like 10 depending on the slot.
Disconnect - returns you to the main menu. Useable in online games as well during the cinematics.

Edited by GunsnButter, October 24 2012 - 10:20 PM.

#6 V3XED

V3XED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted October 24 2012 - 10:41 PM

Going to be  testing this emmidietly :D

Posted Image

#7 Optimus_Lime

Optimus_Lime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted October 24 2012 - 11:12 PM

kinda got a feel for the game through adding the bots in. And yea the ai is a little odd but I am ok with that! lol
The spawn positions for the bots is a little rough once you start adding more than ten in [they spawn right next to you]. Has anyone else ran into that yet_

#8 Mnemosy

Mnemosy

Dev Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted October 24 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostOptimus_Lime, on October 24 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

kinda got a feel for the game through adding the bots in. And yea the ai is a little odd but I am ok with that! lol
The spawn positions for the bots is a little rough once you start adding more than ten in [they spawn right next to you]. Has anyone else ran into that yet_

Remember, bots aren't even meant to be seen in the first place. Whether bots have poor ai/pathfinding/spawn points/etc, any issues that arise are truly non-issues. This is currently strictly a competitive multiplayer game, you're not going to be playing with bots so whether their AI/Spawn/Path-Finding etc are shabby it shouldn't matter. I only include them in my post so players can get a feel for weapons/damage outputs/range, something you can't really test with just an empty map.

#9 Novacaptain

Novacaptain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 12:00 AM

Is there a work-around for the non US keyboard users to bring up the console_ I have a swedish keyboard, my tilde is located next to the "enter" key and doesn't do much (to get a tilde you normally have to press AltGr + ~ and enter a space). The key above tab has ½ and § on it but it doesn't give me a console either. The in-game key mappings don't set this so I guess I should be looking for a config file somewhere_ hints_ clues_ help_

#10 CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted October 25 2012 - 12:06 AM

You can also go into the tutorial level. There are two hidden areas past the end of the normal tutorial. You can't get to them normally because you open it through the open command it doesn't set certain flags and you'll be frozen at the look up part. At that time you can suicide and it spawns you in what looks like a practice zone with a few people shaped red things in the room. There's no normal way I could find to get out of this. Looks like an elevator will take you down to it.

Just past the normal end area of the tutorial from alpha there is a target range. There is a mech on the one side that just stands there, and there is a turtle that goes across it. If you fly over the side of the wall to the left, there are a lot more targets, including a mech one with a don't shoot like logo in front of it. Most/all of them are animals beside the mech if I recall right.

As toward the bots being kind of.... simplistic, I have a feeling that the bot ai is intended for the tutorial section down the elevator shaft I mentioned, as a way for new people to the game to get a small feel for fighting another mech. Sure, not the best practice for people that have played a bit, but to a new person, should be a great bit of practice.

EDIT:
Oh, and here is a complete list of levels by looking at the files:

DM-Alleys
DM-Andromeda
DM-Boxmap
DM-Sahara
DM-Titan
DM-TrainingFacility

MA-Sahara
MA-Titan

SG-Sahara
SG-Titan

They can all be found here:
C:Program FilesMeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesHawkenGameCookedPCConsole

I haven't looked at boxmap yet, but it doesn't sound that interesting just by the name.

Edited by CaliberMengsk, October 25 2012 - 12:11 AM.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/calibermengsk

Co-Owner of the BSB.

Join the Brotherhood.
Posted Image

http://bsb-gaming.com

#11 V3XED

V3XED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 12:12 AM

@Novacaptain.

What i would recomend doing. Is either outside the game, binding lets say a mouse button or somthing to the tilde '~' or, trying to in-game find the keyboard controlls and rebinding some other key to the tilde ~ (at least temporarily).

Also, impressions. DAYUM! Love all the color they have added in. Love the jump pads. And the amazing verticality on some of the new levels!!! Loving alleys and titan right now. Also all around the menus/xp and everything seem almost fully implemented and its very exciting.

Also already found a handfull of bugs that I will confirm still exist after the beta goes live before reporting.

Posted Image

#12 CyanideFuse

CyanideFuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted October 25 2012 - 01:30 AM

Thanks for the suggestion V3XED.

I set a button on my mouse and also Razer Nostromo to the ~ key but it doesn't seem to do anything in the game.

I opened up Notepad and when I press the key it registered a ~ so it seems to be working on that key.

Where do you need to press the key to_  I assume from the deploy menu_

#13 Japle

Japle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostCyanideFuse, on October 25 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

I set a button on my mouse and also Razer Nostromo to the ~ key but it doesn't seem to do anything in the game.

I opened up Notepad and when I press the key it registered a ~ so it seems to be working on that key.

As a Finn, I had the exact problem. I found the console key binded in the BaseInput.ini file but changing the key to something else such as "Del" did not do the trick. However what did solve it was to change your input keyboard language to English (US). This way you can open the console by pressing the button over Tab (that § button). Hope this helps!

#14 tools

tools

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted October 25 2012 - 05:55 AM

I see what you mean about the bots not having the best pathfinding. All 6 were stuck in the water run-off ditch near the top of the map on Andromeda :P

#15 CyanideFuse

CyanideFuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted October 25 2012 - 05:56 AM

View PostJaple, on October 25 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

View PostCyanideFuse, on October 25 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

As a Finn, I had the exact problem. I found the console key binded in the BaseInput.ini file but changing the key to something else such as "Del" did not do the trick. However what did solve it was to change your input keyboard language to English (US). This way you can open the console by pressing the button over Tab (that § button). Hope this helps!

Didn't think of that.  Thanks!!

#16 Saint_The_Judge

Saint_The_Judge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThird World

Posted October 25 2012 - 06:20 AM

One way or another, I got familiarized with that Siege Mode. It's gonna be epic, I bet. Intense battles around energy units, and it might take long to end, given the teams are balanced. I like long matches.
Slightly off topic: sound has improved quite a lot. Repair unit, weapons (although Idk if I like my Slug new sound, with sort of a bounding noise), and even echo!
OMG, I've spent my whole morning in front of this PC. Got to work. See you tomorrow.
Once a girl asked me in a chat: "-ASL_" I answered: "- Very old, impotent, third world." And she got out the room. Posted Image

#17 KetchupT100

KetchupT100

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationCairo, Egypt

Posted October 25 2012 - 07:21 AM

I think I will restrain myself until it goes live. :D
Posted Image

" Those are brave men knocking on our door. Let's go kill them!! "
         ~Tyrion Lannister

#18 Pelax

Pelax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 08:15 AM

No more sniping vista on DM-SAHARA.. :angry:

#19 nassuvian242

nassuvian242

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBahamas

Posted October 25 2012 - 08:25 AM

Thanks Buddy! Going to test this out immediately.
Nassuvian242

#20 BiO

BiO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTgz, Chis.

Posted October 25 2012 - 08:25 AM

Finally I found the console key on my KB... It´s set to [ ' ] key, I had to press every key on my KB in order to found It. (I didn´t want to change my KB language to English.) :P

Now I can test the new maps and modes.

Laptop - MSI GT780DX | i7-2630QM | NVIDIA GTX570M 1.5GB GDDR5 | 17.3" FHD 1920x1080 | 8GB DDR3 | 750GB 7200RPM | Windows 7 Home Premium

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users