HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Last Eco fixed yet_

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted June 06 2014 - 02:20 AM

I have had been out for about few weeks because of my computer couldn't connect to NVIDIA grapichs card at all so I had to sent it to be fixed. Anyway tittle tells everything. Is it fixed yet_ Or is there monstrous amounts of God damn Rocketeers able to be seen_

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 06 2014 - 03:09 AM

Still the same anguish.

Posted Image

#3 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted June 06 2014 - 03:25 AM

Oh god... Somebody order those devs to get work on it... That place is seriously broken... Snipers there are okay but Rocketeers are nightmare...

#4 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 06 2014 - 03:37 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on June 06 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

Oh god... Somebody order those devs to get work on it... That place is seriously broken... Snipers there are okay but Rocketeers are nightmare...

The developers realize that it's very broken, and that 90% of the people hate it. But I'm sure either they don't have time to fix it, or it's not an easy task. But I think it ain't a huge task to add some cover in the pyramid, and some hills between the central tunnels and the southern tunnel (between S2 and S3) and also around S1. It would make the map much better. If cover will be added it should obviously be some natural object.

I hope the devs put adding cover to last eco on their priorities list.

Posted Image

#5 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted June 06 2014 - 06:35 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on June 06 2014 - 03:37 AM, said:

View PostBattlesbreak, on June 06 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

The developers realize that it's very broken, and that 90% of the people hate it. But I'm sure either they don't have time to fix it, or it's not an easy task. But I think it ain't a huge task to add some cover in the pyramid, and some hills between the central tunnels and the southern tunnel (between S2 and S3) and also around S1. It would make the map much better. If cover will be added it should obviously be some natural object.

Plausible to at least disable the map from all other game mods than that map show thingy_

#6 Kagekitsu

Kagekitsu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted June 06 2014 - 11:18 AM

Actually you wouldn't have to put any cover over it. Simply raise it up higher along with the hills surrounding it so the tunnels can't be seen. This works two fold, one is that it gets rid of the fishbowl effect that we all HATE and or abuse. It also gives it 4 entrances in that have to be defended and can't very well be defended easily thus forcing a fight on the aa which is what we all want instead of being rained down upon from the sides.

After all a pyramid actually TOWERS over the landscape in order for it to be seen.

All it takes is modifying the map, then modifying the physics and pathing.

That solves your rocketeer and sniper problem and makes the map a bit more balanced.

#7 Kvalheim

Kvalheim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted June 07 2014 - 03:46 AM

I'd be sure they won't fix purely because compiling THAT map with THAT many trees in Unreal Engine will take another year XD
Posted Image

<HKN://Sig-Process-01023 END

#8 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted June 07 2014 - 05:56 PM

Yeah, I really hope they delete fix that friggin' forest. It's the worst map ever. Of all time.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#9 SamEureka

SamEureka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Locationall your base are belong to us

Posted June 07 2014 - 06:38 PM

View PostKagekitsu, on June 06 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Actually you wouldn't have to put any cover over it. Simply raise it up higher along with the hills surrounding it so the tunnels can't be seen.

I like that idea! It might even make the map playable.

Edited by SamEureka, June 07 2014 - 06:39 PM.

Posted Image

#10 LoneWolf_Sierra246

LoneWolf_Sierra246

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted June 07 2014 - 08:38 PM

As a 3D designer, I'll give my opinion here:
  • Yes, the pyramid is TERRIBLE. I have played several matches of siege on last eco and all you got were rocketeers hiding on the sides and just RAINING down missiles. Very good fix by simply elevating the pyramid. 1 problem. You notice how the tunnels all kinda slant downards towards the pyramid_ and the overhangs and such_ Dev's would basically need to re-model the ENTIRE center of the map. Er ... no.
  • Another fix could by achieved by possibly making the surrounding cliffs slanted so that players could not camp out there and just simply rain down missiles.
  • Provide possibly more cover (which I have no idea how to implement lol)

Posted Image

#11 Kagekitsu

Kagekitsu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted June 08 2014 - 03:29 AM

View PostLoneWolf_Sierra246, on June 07 2014 - 08:38 PM, said:

As a 3D designer, I'll give my opinion here:
  • Yes, the pyramid is TERRIBLE. I have played several matches of siege on last eco and all you got were rocketeers hiding on the sides and just RAINING down missiles. Very good fix by simply elevating the pyramid. 1 problem. You notice how the tunnels all kinda slant downards towards the pyramid_ and the overhangs and such_ Dev's would basically need to re-model the ENTIRE center of the map. Er ... no.

• Another fix could by achieved by possibly making the surrounding cliffs slanted so that players could not camp out there and just simply rain down missiles.

• Provide possibly more cover (which I have no idea how to implement lol)
Nice to meet another fellow 3d designer.

If they are using the unreal engine its simply a matter of dragging and pulling that section of the map as a whole upwards. The only hard part, which is more tedious than anything is adding in the triangulated boundries for the floor and walls which some game designers I know do so.

I also like your idea on making those cliffs slanted as well.

Both of these ideas are actually good and require the triangulated boundries.

#12 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted June 08 2014 - 05:51 AM

I like foshbole effect wish more maps had it

#13 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted June 20 2014 - 09:04 PM

They just need to actually put some trees in the forest so that we have so kind of cover on that map.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#14 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted June 22 2014 - 02:03 PM

Rocketeers_ What the hell are you talking about_ I've seen more Assaults across the board than ever! Even in Last Eco, and I read something about trees giving cover_ You're kidding me right_ Are you talking about trees as in normal ones, or about one's the size of red woods_

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#15 Moreapples

Moreapples

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHilversum

Posted June 22 2014 - 03:07 PM

View PostIronClamp, on June 22 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

Are you talking about trees as in normal ones, or about one's the size of red woods_

hes talking about a shrubbery

Posted Image

#16 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted June 22 2014 - 10:30 PM

View PostMoreapples, on June 22 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

View PostIronClamp, on June 22 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

Are you talking about trees as in normal ones, or about one's the size of red woods_

hes talking about a shrubbery
Everyone knows bushes are bullet-proof.

#17 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 23 2014 - 02:39 AM

I want it removed, it's a bad map.

Posted Image

#18 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted June 23 2014 - 09:12 AM

my major prob is if i have the performance settings tweaked on my gpu, when Last Eco comes up I can literally wind up getting motion sickness from it. Forget the whole match if any lag thumping starts....
:P

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#19 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted June 23 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on June 23 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

You want a bad map, talk more about Wreckage (I just got done playing on that map three times in a row for 45 minutes). Not enough sniping nests (as in none), everything is open to fire from all sides, you have too many choke points to manage, at least in Last Eco you know that the enemy is going to typically come from one general area and not four different points and flanks.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#20 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted June 23 2014 - 06:31 PM

View PostIronClamp, on June 23 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

View PostEliteShooter, on June 23 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

You want a bad map, talk more about Wreckage (I just got done playing on that map three times in a row for 45 minutes). Not enough sniping nests (as in none), everything is open to fire from all sides, you have too many choke points to manage, at least in Last Eco you know that the enemy is going to typically come from one general area and not four different points and flanks.
All the stuff you said was bad about wreckage, that's why I love it. :3
My Fat Raider can just destroy people on that map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users