HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

What do you use Predator for_

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you use Predator for_ (45 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you use Predator for_

1. Assault (18 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. Assassination (35 votes [29.91%])

Percentage of vote: 29.91%

3. Defense (19 votes [16.24%])

Percentage of vote: 16.24%

4. Ranged (10 votes [8.55%])

Percentage of vote: 8.55%

5. Support (19 votes [16.24%])

Percentage of vote: 16.24%

6. Suppression (16 votes [13.68%])

Percentage of vote: 13.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted August 19 2014 - 06:15 PM

View Postcraftydus, on August 19 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

idk why they were all on the ground for that 4k.
I just put that in reply to him because it was prettty random that twentyfirstpilot was 1st person to walk by me, and he was kill number 2 in a very chill encounter.
Pred is super mellow for me becuase it allows you a large space to breathe between engagements.
It's like being underwater. Maybe its the sound muffling in conjunction with the nearly negative color shift into x-ray mode. Very atmospheric.

That can be the case, can't it_ Piloting the Predator can sometimes make you feel as if you shift into an alternate dimension.

I love it when I hop into an enemy group, wreak a few mechs, then blast away with the survivors in hot pursuit. If I can get behind cover and cloak, then I've made it home safe. Sometimes I even gain the opportunity to ambush those vengeful angels. I love that too.

(As for why I wasn't piloting ky Pred in that clip: I've recently been learning the Raider, simply to make myself a more versatile player.)

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, August 19 2014 - 06:22 PM.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#62 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 07:42 PM

i plopples till they dropples
i don't mean any of it

#63 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 07:47 PM

View PostMechFighter5e3bf9, on August 19 2014 - 07:42 PM, said:

i plopples till they dropples

Best reply yet.

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

#64 UnitK7

UnitK7

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 09:02 PM

Some weird mixture of recon/support/assassin/suppression. I rarely go off too far by myself, instead preferring to be the source of constant "the hell just hit me_" Questions. I like to spot targets, engage and fade into the crowd while dropping scramblers and radar followed by switching to a more supportive, ranged combat role. Occasionally, I'll fight one-on-one but usually I use the chaos of battles to my advantage. I've been accused of "mine spamming" a few times by frustrated enemies.

Edited by UnitK7, August 19 2014 - 09:03 PM.

#65 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 09:06 PM

View PostUnitK7, on August 19 2014 - 09:02 PM, said:

Some weird mixture of recon/support/assassin/suppression. I rarely go off too far by myself, instead preferring to be the source of constant "the hell just hit me_" Questions. I like to spot targets, engage and fade into the crowd while dropping scramblers and radar followed by switching to a more supportive, ranged combat role. Occasionally, I'll fight one-on-one but usually I use the chaos of battles to my advantage. I've been accused of "mine spamming" a few times by frustrated enemies.

"You're spamming mines!"

"Yes. Yes, I am. I am a Predator, and that is what I do."

"But .. but mines!"

"Cry more. Your tears sustain me, your anger repairs my armor, your frustration boosts my fuel regen."

#66 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 09:17 PM

• fuzzy bunny a day walker
  • New breed of night stalker
  • Monster mack of vampires
  • Battle fields with live fires
  • Evil empire
  • Bloodlust and night flyers
  • Warm veins
  • I drain brains and burn like a forest fire
  • Shape shifter rise right from the place i died
  • Acetylene i got for blood and razor blades i got for eyes
  • Twin Gemini
  • One is Earth, the other Sky, but both of them are blood suckas
  • NOW fuzzy bunny DIE!
(when it "clicks" the breecher makes this  your thought process out there)

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, August 19 2014 - 09:18 PM.

i don't mean any of it

#67 Mawnkey

Mawnkey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDirectly Behind You

Posted August 19 2014 - 10:07 PM

Tell ya what I use it for...
Posted Image

#68 I2DI

I2DI

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted August 20 2014 - 01:42 AM

This topic sounds like one of the Black Cards from "Cards Against Humanity". In that case i would pick "Experimenting with anal fisting" card...
You got the idea.
You better shouldn't do !!Science!!, 'cos i will bring it to you myself.
References to the God of References.

#69 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 20 2014 - 04:24 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on August 19 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

(As for why I wasn't piloting ky Pred in that clip: I've recently been learning the Raider, simply to make myself a more versatile player.)
Same here ive been practicing vanguard, raider, grenadier and brawler cuz i just cant use predator on bunker. I love corner play too much and everyone uses hellfires and snipers. Don't get me wrong, i can dodge hellfires just fine but its always that one hellfire that destroys my awareness( i rely on the damage detector a lot during a 1v1).

#70 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 07:34 AM

View Postbad_wolf2013, on August 20 2014 - 04:24 AM, said:

Same here ive been practicing vanguard, raider, grenadier and brawler cuz i just cant use predator on bunker. I love corner play too much and everyone uses hellfires and snipers. Don't get me wrong, i can dodge hellfires just fine but its always that one hellfire that destroys my awareness( i rely on the damage detector a lot during a 1v1).

Predator is awful on Bunker, so long as your opponents are half decent. However, you can sometimes (kind of) do well as a dual EOC Pred.

#71 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 20 2014 - 08:02 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on August 20 2014 - 07:34 AM, said:

Predator is awful on Bunker, so long as your opponents are half decent. However, you can sometimes (kind of) do well as a dual EOC Pred.
I main the dual eoc pred, I know that the breaches is a better weapon but I can't use it effectively due to my ping. I have seen people play dual eoc pred on bunker, they are passive preds who will rarely engage you if your health is higher than 200. It's just that most people at my mmr 1750-ish, use the predator passively and they just mine everything and kill people who go to heal throughout the match. I am really not into that stuff. Only time I use the mines is when an unaware enemy is going around a corner, the trap is set a second before they walk into it and I get a decent health advantage for the 1v1 that follows.

#72 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 20 2014 - 08:04 AM

Of course when I can't do that I go for the face and kill them with corner play. I love it when they think they can stay on the ground for a while and they suddenly start flying once their health reaches 100, then they get a det and eoc r to the face.

#73 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 08:23 AM

View Postbad_wolf2013, on August 20 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

I main the dual eoc pred, I know that the breaches is a better weapon but I can't use it effectively due to my ping. I have seen people play dual eoc pred on bunker, they are passive preds who will rarely engage you if your health is higher than 200. It's just that most people at my mmr 1750-ish, use the predator passively and they just mine everything and kill people who go to heal throughout the match. I am really not into that stuff. Only time I use the mines is when an unaware enemy is going around a corner, the trap is set a second before they walk into it and I get a decent health advantage for the 1v1 that follows.

Most of the time, I prefer the EOC R as well. If you can land your pucks (which I'm pretty good at), the amount of burst damage you can do is phenomenal.

#74 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 20 2014 - 08:30 AM

I know, I managed to one shot a scout, who was trying to flank my team, with the eoc r and eoc pred and det combo, I had already placed a mine in his path. In the comments he just goes," Daaaamn that burst." and I'm just laughing a maniacal laugh.

#75 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 08:44 AM

View Postbad_wolf2013, on August 20 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

I know, I managed to one shot a scout, who was trying to flank my team, with the eoc r and eoc pred and det combo, I had already placed a mine in his path. In the comments he just goes," Daaaamn that burst." and I'm just laughing a maniacal laugh.

Awesome! I've thought about using dets, but I find that defensive items (such as the shield and rep charge) are more useful for me. If I've melted your puny A class down to 60 armor, I can finish you off without a det. If you're a big mean C class, well, that 60 damage won't mean much anyways. Even then, I'd rather hit you with an EMP or a shield.

#76 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 20 2014 - 08:55 AM

I usually use the det as a distraction, to make the enemy dodge before I shoot my eoc r. I'm saving up for emp but I never felt that the shield was useful while using eoc r, it's better for someone running the breacher or for something like a brawler, scout, infil or gren gren.

#77 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 09:19 AM

View Postbad_wolf2013, on August 20 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

I usually use the det as a distraction, to make the enemy dodge before I shoot my eoc r. I'm saving up for emp but I never felt that the shield was useful while using eoc r, it's better for someone running the breacher or for something like a brawler, scout, infil or gren gren.

Heh. I never actually do that. I simply fire EOC fury, no matter if my enemy has dodged or not. Also, that seems like a dangerous way to get a full volley, as you can only carry 3 dets per deployment.

The shield is indeed better for Breacher Preds, but I use it anyways since I have it purchased and since I still find it useful on my double EOC Pred.

However, I don't like the EMP. It's a nice idea, but it's too hard to use effectively-- most of the time. I find that shields are more useful, as they give me an instant bubble to corner poke around.

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, August 20 2014 - 09:21 AM.

#78 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 20 2014 - 04:46 PM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on August 20 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

View Postbad_wolf2013, on August 20 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

Heh. I never actually do that. I simply fire EOC fury, no matter if my enemy has dodged or not. Also, that seems like a dangerous way to get a full volley, as you can only carry 3 dets per deployment.

The shield is indeed better for Breacher Preds, but I use it anyways since I have it purchased and since I still find it useful on my double EOC Pred.

However, I don't like the EMP. It's a nice idea, but it's too hard to use effectively-- most of the time. I find that shields are more useful, as they give me an instant bubble to corner poke around.
I avoid using the det(using one to finish them off if I'm about to overheat is fine) a lot while doing corner play, I use the tactic, I mentioned when I get into a fight out in the open(doesn't happen a lot) and otherwise is use the det to alpha A mechs. It makes sure that they have just about 54 to 89 health remaining.

Edited by bad_wolf2013, August 20 2014 - 05:17 PM.

#79 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted September 28 2014 - 04:29 PM

Actually i disagree,i find the hills very handy to hide whole my B frame,i can plan my attacks better than any other map,just saying..Plus the chaos on this map helps my stalker to keep me more shadowed.. :ph34r:

Edited by Odinous, September 28 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#80 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted September 28 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostOdinous, on September 28 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

Actually i disagree,i find the hills very handy to hide whole my B frame,i can plan my attacks better than any other map,just saying..Plus the chaos on this map helps my stalker to keep me more shadowed.. :ph34r:

I find that Bunker gives me less places to hide and more places to be caught exposed.

Yeah, planning attacks is easy, but making those attacks successful is extremely difficult. This is because you can't run away after taking out your target/when the fight turns into a 1v2.

I find that enclosed spaces are much better for creating chaos. You can boost and bump around your enemy, you can lead him down one of several routes. For the most part, you can't do that on Bunker. Not enough objects, not enough options for vertical movement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users