HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Anybody got any idea 'bout the PN-223 on Technician___

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 AlphaPanzer01

AlphaPanzer01

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationHồ Chí Minh city, VietNam

Posted June 20 2014 - 12:11 AM

Hey guys, I just recently participated in a Hawken match in TDM mode, on map Frontline. while I was piloting my Reaper, someguy used a Technician's new prestige primary, the PN-223 to kill me. so, anybody know 'bout the weapon's stats, background stories ect.___ thanks for give me some info about the gun
For VietNam!!!!

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 20 2014 - 01:11 AM

It's bad, I don't think it's any good. Stick with the first primary you get, second one not too shabby too.

Posted Image

#3 kazuya989

kazuya989

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationDisguissed as Ninja_Goat

Posted June 20 2014 - 03:12 AM

The gun completely sucks !  It's outclassed by the Ripper in every meaningful game-play way.

It should have been a shotgun,  like the T32-Bolt.  This would have led to interesting new gameplay style, and synergy with the Red beam, making a viable ambush mech.

As it stands, a huge missed opportunity. but what do you expect at the moment _  No new maps, no new mechs (and G2's are someones idea of a joke and don't count), no new weapons or game modes.  

Tech prestige was just rushed out to fill a long standing hole.

As a long time tech player.... BOOOOOOO !!!

check out my uTube page

for videos of Hawken gameplay

#4 Jelooboi

Jelooboi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 03:13 AM

I've noticed that it trades dps for heat generation. I can fire continuously for longer without overheating.
I guess the gun's main purpose is to harass an enemy flanker or something while you're healing other teammates.

I have gotten into too many times where I've carelessly overheated in the moment and that lead to my death.
The gun sounds cool though ahaha!

#5 Moreapples

Moreapples

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHilversum

Posted June 20 2014 - 03:34 AM

You can fire this gun 1-2 times and barely generate any heat at all.
To me that's the only thing this gun has over the RPR.

Posted Image

#6 Planerunner

Planerunner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationHere. Right here.

Posted June 20 2014 - 05:45 AM

Because the gun is semi auto (fire as fast as you can click, just about), it definitely can heat up. No, it won't overheat as fast as the RPR, but it can't put out as much DPS as a RPR either.

The PN has a bit more burst than the RPR, but that doesn't mean much with how little dps it is doing. It is also LESS ACCURATE than the RPR on top of less dps. Very much a missed opportunity for the devs.

Posted Image

#7 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted June 20 2014 - 05:50 AM

View PostPlanerunner, on June 20 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

Because the gun is semi auto (fire as fast as you can click, just about), it definitely can heat up.
The PN-223 is an automatic weapon so you can just hold the mouse button down to fire continuously.

#8 kazuya989

kazuya989

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationDisguissed as Ninja_Goat

Posted June 20 2014 - 07:41 AM

It's basically the same gun, except 1 does a bit less DPS but heats up a bit less fast.

Spend MC or HC on it at your own risk.  

It's not cheap to get the same gun you already paid for, and with the horrendous grind in this game now, that's allot of time wasted building up your HC.

check out my uTube page

for videos of Hawken gameplay

#9 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted June 20 2014 - 08:02 AM

But you could pew pew robots with a nail gun! That's totally worth it right there.

And the grind isn't a waste of time if you're just trying to improve your overall skill.

#10 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted June 20 2014 - 11:30 AM

The PN-223 allows the technician to heal and help output damage with it's team without heating up nearly as much. The best technicians, don't just heal teamates, but they still help out a small bit with their team's damage output. The redox and the RPR obviously do a good job at supporting fire, however they cause very fast overheating in conjunction with the Repair torch. With the PN, I've noticed I can still output supporting fire and don't have to worry nearly as much about my heat level as I would have to with the other two weapons. Also, when I'm forced to fight, I've noticed that I've been able to get a kill with much less danger of overheating while using the PN versus the RPR. I suppose that's a combiniation of the lower heat generation and my better accuracy with burst weapons. Again, everything comes down to personal preference. Not everyone will like this weapon, but there are those who will. Besides, I'm just glad that the Tech finaly has a prestige weapon after all this time.

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, June 20 2014 - 11:30 AM.

Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#11 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted June 20 2014 - 02:19 PM

You can reference Hawken's Salty Stats for more detailed information on all weapons and mechs.
https://docs.google....sp=docslist_api

#12 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted July 04 2014 - 03:24 PM

This explains alot - I saw a Tech today armed with this PN thing and I thought it was a mod.... disappointing....

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#13 yoshimotosog

yoshimotosog

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin the great lands of lithuania

Posted August 04 2014 - 05:38 PM

Hmmmmmmm... What if... The gun fired something like nails ( it totally looks like a nail gun) and the nails would act like some sort of little beacons that would make the torch do a little bit more damage. The nails wouldpierce deep into the mech's armor and would help the torch beam get inside the mech to do more damage_ (thats probably how it would work in the hawken universe)
That wold make the techie more suitable for 1v1situations or even fighting multiple enemies. That would be a pretty nice thing for people who like to be agressive with the tech... I think

Edited by yoshimotosog, August 04 2014 - 05:40 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 14 2014 - 07:18 PM

The P223 is fuzzy bunny ... mine as well shoot cotten balls. Stick with hawkens or the redox. seriously just learn heat managment you will be better off.

Edited by Source_Mystic, October 14 2014 - 07:19 PM.

#15 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted October 14 2014 - 08:39 PM

It's designed to front load damage so you can step out, put 3 rounds on target and dodge back. Tech sucks in the open as red beam has short range.

Personally i think each slug needs to do more damage, then have a slightly longer pause to the next set (better for corner play) thereby keeping similar DPS. It seems as though the accuracy suffers a bit too much also. It needs to be clearly different play style to the sustain of the RPR. Adjusting it, however, is probably very low on the list of dev priorities. Weapons always get stats adjusted after release, once determined where they are unbalanced, but the dev blackout came along.

Also remember that weapons may be used on other mechs and a burst weapon like this has good potential once the balance gets improved.

#16 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted October 15 2014 - 11:56 PM

View Postyoshimotosog, on August 04 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

Hmmmmmmm... What if... The gun fired something like nails ( it totally looks like a nail gun) and the nails would act like some sort of little beacons that would make the torch do a little bit more damage. The nails wouldpierce deep into the mech's armor and would help the torch beam get inside the mech to do more damage_ (thats probably how it would work in the hawken universe)
That wold make the techie more suitable for 1v1situations or even fighting multiple enemies. That would be a pretty nice thing for people who like to be agressive with the tech... I think

I like the thought, but minus the technicalities of how, this is what the redox does.
Posted Image

#17 Klabauter8

Klabauter8

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted October 25 2014 - 11:27 AM

I like the gun. It has a really decent DPS amount if you hit directly and doesn't overheat as fast as the others. It's very good for protecting yourself, if you get confronted in closed range combat by some cheeky A class or raider chasing for techs.

This often happens really fast, right in the middle of healing some C class or whatever. In such a moment you need a weapon which is good at close range and doesn't overheat too fast. This weapon is really good for this, plus it looks really good, too imo.

If you are more the type of Tech who also likes to go on a killing spree, from time to time, then rather take the Hawkins-RPR. If you just want to support your mates with some suppression fire, then take the Redox. But the PN-223 is really best for defending yourself at close range, imo.

You just really need some aiming skills to handle it, since it doesn't have sustained fire. It's not easy to hit fast mechs at closer range with it, but if you hit, then it also hits good. If you are not so good at aiming, then I'd rather take the Hawkins-RPR to protect yourself.

Edited by Klabauter8, October 25 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#18 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted October 25 2014 - 04:13 PM

The weapon's spread over time is like pre-Steam: the longer you fire the larger the spread pattern becomes.

Try it yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users