HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

still no mechs in mech shop, bug since alpha

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Mugungo

Mugungo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 02:02 AM

iv had a recurrring bug since the first time i have gotten into alpha. When i click the mech shop, there is nothing showing up to buy, which is very frustrating.

anyone know a fix_ am i doomed forever to have no acess to new mechs/mech parts etc_

severity: 5

this bug has been following me far too long, and it greatly reduces the entertainment value of the game as i am reduced to having the default mechs to play with.. which also makes it VERY hard to test anything as well..

edit:

ye olde list of fixes i have tried in alpha and beta to see if i could fix this issue.

1. tried uninstalling/installing, no change.
2. tried adding every bloody hawken executable and the entire folder itself to the windows firewall exception list/ my anti virus exception list (which in this case is trend micro antivirus)
3. tried entirely turning off antivirus and firewall, no effect as well

if anyone else has a suggestion of what to do, please say so!

edit: workaround for this issue: log into your hawken account on a new computer, it should allow you to acess your mechs from that account, then play them on your main computer

edit: aha! i found the source of this, it is definitely connected to internet connection. id suggest people check routers etc. if you happen to be at a college (like myself), your preety much doomed :S.

Edited by Mugungo, October 27 2012 - 08:37 PM.

#2 Mugungo

Mugungo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 02:06 AM

aaand now i go the unable to download metafile bug, and cant log in, perhaps that was part of this bug

#3 EndlessWaltz117

EndlessWaltz117

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 05:26 AM

same probem here, cant download the metafile, and closed beta only hours away....

should i reinstall and download it again_

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 26 2012 - 05:38 AM

View PostEndlessWaltz117, on October 26 2012 - 05:26 AM, said:

same probem here, cant download the metafile, and closed beta only hours away....

should i reinstall and download it again_
You should search the forums more thoroughly. And you should wait and try again later.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#5 Extra_Pulp

Extra_Pulp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 26 2012 - 12:31 PM

I've had the same problem from alpha not being able to purchase or even view mech to purchase within the shop, I had to log onto my friends computer to be able to view them.  A fix would be nice.

I used to work in an orange juice factory, but I got canned. I couldn't concentrate.

#6 Mugungo

Mugungo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 01:14 PM

the metafile bug seems to have been fixed, but i STILL dont see any mechs when i try to acess the mech shop. this is really aggrivating!

#7 Velcrochicken

Velcrochicken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Location192.168.1.1

Posted October 26 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostMugungo, on October 26 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

the metafile bug seems to have been fixed, but i STILL dont see any mechs when i try to acess the mech shop. this is really aggrivating!

Same, Since alpha

#8 propeller

propeller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostVelcrochicken, on October 26 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

Same, Since alpha

Good, I thought I was going crazy. I can't see anything in the mech or item stores, but had no problems in Alpha 2.

Perhaps related to this, I noticed that I can't spend any optimization points or change trim color on the default mech. Associated menus seem to work fine but upon returning to the garage I get a "Syncing Account Failed"  popup with a blank error message. My trim color change stayed in effect in the garage and (on my side at least) in game, but did not persist between sessions.

Game still manages to be awesome despite this. :)

Edited by propeller, October 26 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#9 MellowJello

MellowJello

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 03:37 PM

I thought other people got special access to mechs or something when I saw my mech shop being empty for a while.
Glad I'm not the only one with this bug then.

#10 GorenCrusher

GorenCrusher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 03:56 PM

having the same problem here, compounded with the problem of not being able to level up... Not cool bro

#11 Mugungo

Mugungo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 07:16 PM

bump, this is a huge issue, if it persists to release it will cause endless problems

#12 MonsterZero

MonsterZero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 07:20 PM

Are you guys seeing any syncing account errors, or other issues when this happens_

#13 Mugungo

Mugungo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostMonsterZero, on October 26 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

Are you guys seeing any syncing account errors, or other issues when this happens_

sometimes this shows up, it defenitly has something to do with the account sync errors, as it always told me i had sync errors in alpha (and it does the same thing when trying to change talent trees etc.

#14 Velcrochicken

Velcrochicken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Location192.168.1.1

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:41 PM

Yeah, this needs fixing, its pretty much why i quit alpha early.

#15 Velcrochicken

Velcrochicken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Location192.168.1.1

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:00 AM

Bump

#16 Velcrochicken

Velcrochicken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Location192.168.1.1

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:54 AM

Seriously. Bump.

#17 Inflectrum

Inflectrum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 01:10 AM

This is an issue with your firewall, once I turned it off, the game worked fine with the mech shop and all

#18 Mugungo

Mugungo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostInflectrum, on October 27 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

This is an issue with your firewall, once I turned it off, the game worked fine with the mech shop and all

already tried allowing hawken through my antivirus and my firewall in the alpha version, but ill test again now.

edit: yep still blocked, even tested turning off firewall and anti virus entirely, still no go.

Edited by Mugungo, October 27 2012 - 01:17 AM.

#19 Velcrochicken

Velcrochicken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Location192.168.1.1

Posted October 27 2012 - 02:34 AM

View PostMugungo, on October 27 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

View PostInflectrum, on October 27 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

already tried allowing hawken through my antivirus and my firewall in the alpha version, but ill test again now.

edit: yep still blocked, even tested turning off firewall and anti virus entirely, still no go.
Same

#20 Capaburro

Capaburro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Europe

Posted October 27 2012 - 03:15 AM

I cannot buy other mechs, is that something that will be unlocked when leveling up_   I see that other people use different mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users