HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

still no mechs in mech shop, bug since alpha

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Nassau

Nassau

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted October 27 2012 - 03:38 AM

Doesn't seem to be a problem for me... I have Bitdefender TS 2013 X64 with firewall turned off, AV turned on.

"Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates"

#22 propeller

propeller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 10:19 AM

Minor update: After I attempt to access the mech store a set of warning entries are written to the log in pairs. Here's an example:

[0008.88] Log: MechPreset Integrity Warning: Empty Item which should never be empty (Ok if default Mech). MechPresetIndex=0 MechId=960294352 InvType=8 ItemIndex=-1
[0008.88] Log: Fixed MechPreset Integrity. MechPresetIndex=0 MechId=960294352 InvType=8 ItemIndex=10 ItemInstanceId=2a85a275-a911-4fe5-9575-ad599650b537
Not sure if this is related.

#23 Gr4yF0x

Gr4yF0x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:53 PM

Same bug here...can't buy anything than the stock assault...this is frustrating...besides that..I think the game is cool

#24 Mugungo

Mugungo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 01:25 PM

bump

#25 Extra_Pulp

Extra_Pulp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 27 2012 - 01:36 PM

There is a work around if you have a friend you don't' mind sharing your password with.  I let my brother purchase my mechs via his computer via skype.  Then are available in your garage when you re-login.

Edit: you can use the mechs purchased but you can't buy or see stuff in the mech shop.

Edited by Extra_Pulp, October 27 2012 - 01:36 PM.

I used to work in an orange juice factory, but I got canned. I couldn't concentrate.

#26 Mugungo

Mugungo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 04:54 PM

bump

#27 naD

naD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted October 27 2012 - 05:16 PM

I just started having this isue, it was working fine Fri, but here Sat night nothing in the mech shop

#28 Mugungo

Mugungo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 05:35 PM

View PostExtra_Pulp, on October 27 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

There is a work around if you have a friend you don't' mind sharing your password with.  I let my brother purchase my mechs via his computer via skype.  Then are available in your garage when you re-login.

Edit: you can use the mechs purchased but you can't buy or see stuff in the mech shop.

im currently loading hawken on my backup computer, ill have to see if i can get around the issue this way. (if i can then it sounds like the problem is either due to my computer blocking something, or due to the wired internet on my campus being a fuzzy bunny)

#29 Mugungo

Mugungo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 06:03 PM

View PostMugungo, on October 27 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

View PostExtra_Pulp, on October 27 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

im currently loading hawken on my backup computer, ill have to see if i can get around the issue this way. (if i can then it sounds like the problem is either due to my computer blocking something, or due to the wired internet on my campus being a fuzzy bunny)

sucess! using my laptop i can buy mechs through the shop, ill do some more trouble shooting to determine if its the internet or just my desktop computer having issues.

#30 Velcrochicken

Velcrochicken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Location192.168.1.1

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:17 AM

It be awesome if i could buy mechs on my desktop.

#31 Metalo

Metalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 11:22 AM

mech shop works ok for me since the get go,

i have purchased brawler and the free one and repair bots and camo and defence and offence items and functional items , i still have some meteor points left

#32 MellowJello

MellowJello

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 04:55 PM

So... nothing new about this then, huh_  Hope it doesn't get onto open beta.

Bump too.

#33 Velcrochicken

Velcrochicken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Location192.168.1.1

Posted October 28 2012 - 06:15 PM

Yeah i dont know. Try turning off the firewall completely see if that works.

#34 Velcrochicken

Velcrochicken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Location192.168.1.1

Posted October 28 2012 - 06:38 PM

Nope. Completely shut down my HW firewall plugged directly in the modem. Still no. Your move Adhesive.

#35 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 28 2012 - 06:51 PM

Stop bumping this thread like you're the most important thing on the planet, guys.

We get it. You are not the only priority. Adhesive is also busy developing the game and doesn't have all the time in the world to come onto the forums and answer impatient testers.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#36 Velcrochicken

Velcrochicken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Location192.168.1.1

Posted October 28 2012 - 07:08 PM

View PostElix, on October 28 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Stop bumping this thread like you're the most important thing on the planet, guys.

We get it. You are not the only priority. Adhesive is also busy developing the game and doesn't have all the time in the world to come onto the forums and answer impatient testers.

Im not waiting for a reply from Adhesive, Im not bumping this thread for that. Other people have this issue, and it just gets rolled over by other topics. People may have a fix or other input. For those of us that have had this issue since Alpha its not only frustrating but removes our ability to FULLY TEST THE GAME. Other issues are bumped constantly, and are far more well known to the devs IE: Not being able to join servers. Get off your high horse dude.

#37 GorenCrusher

GorenCrusher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 07:27 PM

View PostElix, on October 28 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Oh, so a game breaking thing isn't important_ how would you like to play with only the starting mech_

#38 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 28 2012 - 07:34 PM

Game-breaking bugs are important.

Smacking a dev across the back of the head every 45 minutes doesn't make them work any faster.

And I drive Fred most of the time anyway, so that argument isn't exactly going to work with me specifically.

Edited by Elix, October 28 2012 - 07:36 PM.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#39 Velcrochicken

Velcrochicken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Location192.168.1.1

Posted October 28 2012 - 07:42 PM

View PostElix, on October 28 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

Game-breaking bugs are important.

Smacking a dev across the back of the head every 45 minutes doesn't make them work any faster.

And I drive Fred most of the time anyway, so that argument isn't exactly going to work with me specifically.

"Smacking devs across the back of the head"

Its not like we are saying "lel horrid game" Or "Devs suck" They are a great hardworking team. Bumping an issue is import for other people to see it as well as the devs.

#40 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 28 2012 - 07:48 PM

Well, keeping the forum organized would be a better way to go about it, but there'd have to be about ten times more moderation staff around to keep duplicate threads from running wild over the same issue, and neither of us are mods. So, whatever, I guess.

This and the unable-to-join-server problem are basically the biggest issues of the beta right now. The devs are working on the server issue right now, according to what they've been saying on here and on Twitter.

My guess is, being unable to join any servers at all is more critical than being unable to choose other mechs. One's a show-stopper, the other's merely severe. If they can lick this server issue, I'm willing to bet that this thread's problem is next. But I also can't speak for them, obviously, so, fingers crossed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users