HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Just a Quick Comment.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Elijin

Elijin

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted June 24 2014 - 02:18 AM

Not going to stay, just thought I'd leave my 2 cents.

The shortest version is simple...Your game can go fuzzy bunny itself, which seems a tad harsh, but since thats how you view my country, why not return the sentiment to you_

The game is nigh unplayable in any other region due to huge ping, my region has something like 8 servers in total. Not that you'd know, because they're always empty. Why are they always empty you ask_ Well thats because you force new players (and the default) set up into matchmaking queues. In a community with a lower server and player count, if you pick the wrong queue, you sit there finding no matches until you either switch regions (horrible experience) or quit the game.

Oh and sorry, quick disclaimer. Thats when the servers even exist. Even though the game shows as servers up on your website, and the servers for every other region are available, every single server in my region has vanished. Wouldnt surprise me if you took them down for inactivity. Inactivity caused by your own matchmaking process within a smaller community that is.

The best part_ You give a fuzzy bunny star rating on your servers, rather than straight up telling us our ping to that server, so trying to find the next best region, is a fuzzy bunny stab in the dark trial and error process. (Though in browsing it seems most regions that arent America are dead anyway)

So Hawken can sadly go on the 'Interesting looking game which could have been fun had it not told my country to go fuzzy bunny itself' pile (Its sadly a big pile).

- An Australian.

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted June 24 2014 - 03:11 AM

View PostElijin, on June 24 2014 - 02:18 AM, said:

Thats when the servers even exist. Even though the game shows as servers up on your website, and the servers for every other region are available, every single server in my region has vanished.

That might be a bug or a problem with the server provider and therefore not intended.

#3 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 24 2014 - 05:20 AM

You can play in USW just fine. I have an Australian friend who plays in all US regions just fine. Whinny people gonna whine.

Posted Image

#4 Elijin

Elijin

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted June 24 2014 - 05:33 AM

Im sure he does play in US regions 'just fine'.

Its a decision. Lots of Aussies swallow their frustration and play in US regions in so many games. It doesnt dismiss the issue, they've just decided to accept thats the cost of attendance. The lag is still there, some people have just resigned themselves to seeing it as a part of online gaming.

But sure, tell me how my 400 ping(at its best), which adds a 3-4 second delay to my actions is 'Just fine'

Edited by Elijin, June 24 2014 - 05:33 AM.

#5 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 24 2014 - 05:35 AM

400 ping = 400 ms = 0.4 secs. And it's too much either way. I think you should do some effort y and look for other Australian players, and maybe make a clan or smth, and play in AUS servers.

Posted Image

#6 Elijin

Elijin

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted June 24 2014 - 05:37 AM

The servers which have mysteriously vanished, you mean_

#7 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted June 24 2014 - 06:04 AM

Bump up on TAW.net. See them under the Clans forum (link below). They have a local Hawken Oceanic division (one of their senior officers is about 5 miles from me, and we're literally "down the road" from the USE servers), and your contact point is either YellowBronco, BadSmurf, or Gumby.
I'm not sure, but they may have set up comp servers for Oceania (Aus/NZ/SoPac).
ts.taw.net
I used to play, so you should have no probs, unless something's changed since I departed.
O

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#8 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted June 24 2014 - 07:09 AM

View PostElijin, on June 24 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

The servers which have mysteriously vanished, you mean_

They still exist, they're just empty. Hit the 'view servers' button and you can see them.

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, June 24 2014 - 07:10 AM.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#9 Elijin

Elijin

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted June 24 2014 - 07:24 AM

Unless they've popped back into life in the 5 or so hours since I posted this, no, they dont. Viewing servers was showing an empty screen.

#10 [HWK]Defter

[HWK]Defter

Senior Systems Engineer

• Adhesive Games
  • 104 posts

Posted June 24 2014 - 09:09 AM

Not going to stay, just thought I'd leave my 2 cents.

The shortest version is simple...Your game can go fuzzy bunny itself, which seems a tad harsh, but since thats how you view my country, why not return the sentiment to you_

The game is nigh unplayable in any other region due to huge ping, my region has something like 8 servers in total. Not that you'd know, because they're always empty. Why are they always empty you ask_ Well thats because you force new players (and the default) set up into matchmaking queues. In a community with a lower server and player count, if you pick the wrong queue, you sit there finding no matches until you either switch regions (horrible experience) or quit the game.

Oh and sorry, quick disclaimer. Thats when the servers even exist. Even though the game shows as servers up on your website, and the servers for every other region are available, every single server in my region has vanished. Wouldnt surprise me if you took them down for inactivity. Inactivity caused by your own matchmaking process within a smaller community that is.

The best part_ You give a fuzzy bunny star rating on your servers, rather than straight up telling us our ping to that server, so trying to find the next best region, is a fuzzy bunny stab in the dark trial and error process. (Though in browsing it seems most regions that arent America are dead anyway)

So Hawken can sadly go on the 'Interesting looking game which could have been fun had it not told my country to go fuzzy bunny itself' pile (Its sadly a big pile).

- An Australian.

Hi Elijin,

We had some service level internal disruptions last night that caused Australia servers to get knocked out hard.

I'm working on resolving this right now, I'm really sorry this happened! We totally did not intend to take down Australia.

#11 Elijin

Elijin

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted June 24 2014 - 09:29 AM

Well, thanks for the response, and at least it shows that you havent written us off entirely yet.

The downside being that it highlights that in the event of any issue whatsoever, we're boned. With no Australian rep or Southern Hemisphere presence, you get things like this. To you, this was late during the night when there was no one around to do anything. To the Australian players this was peak time (Was 6pm local time when I made this thread, and the servers had already been down a few hours at that point). I'd actually asked some friends to download and try the game with me, and they ended up just giving me blank looks and saying 'There are no Australian servers.'

While I appreciate a responsive dev team working on fixing issues, its now 1:30am local time, so the harm is done.

And please oh please scrap the star rating system on the servers and give us server latency visible from the browser....

#12 Z3roCool007

Z3roCool007

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in you're room.

Posted June 24 2014 - 10:42 AM

Oh FFS.
When it happened, did you ever consider it could be a disruption in the Australian region_
Did you consider sending a ticket to the support team_

No_

Then Shut it.

Send the support team a ticket or post in the support section, Dont come here and just start whining.
Posted Image

Now I know we can never be friends

-EliteShooter

#13 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted June 24 2014 - 10:45 AM

View PostElijin, on June 24 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

Well, thanks for the response, and at least it shows that you havent written us off entirely yet.

The downside being that it highlights that in the event of any issue whatsoever, we're boned. With no Australian rep or Southern Hemisphere presence, you get things like this. To you, this was late during the night when there was no one around to do anything. To the Australian players this was peak time (Was 6pm local time when I made this thread, and the servers had already been down a few hours at that point). I'd actually asked some friends to download and try the game with me, and they ended up just giving me blank looks and saying 'There are no Australian servers.'

While I appreciate a responsive dev team working on fixing issues, its now 1:30am local time, so the harm is done.

And please oh please scrap the star rating system on the servers and give us server latency visible from the browser....

Stars != latency. Stars = average MMR (skill level) of the players in the server compared to yours. The higher the star rating, the closer in skill level you are to the other players in the server.

Edit: Also, learn what you're criticizing before you do. If you don't, you'll look more than a little silly.

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, June 24 2014 - 10:48 AM.

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

#14 Elijin

Elijin

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted June 24 2014 - 10:51 AM

So your point is that there is no latency visible whatsoever_

Sure, I got the function of stars wrong, but my complaint is still that there is no visible latency until you're in a server. This hasnt changed by me being wrong about stars.

#15 Z3roCool007

Z3roCool007

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in you're room.

Posted June 24 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostElijin, on June 24 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

This hasnt changed by me being wrong about stars.

Correction - Yes, It has.
When you started this topic you had near-to no idea what you were talking about.

When you start a whine party you have to know what you're talking about.
Otherwise you just look like a complete idiot
*cough*Still is*cough*
Posted Image

Now I know we can never be friends

-EliteShooter

#16 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted June 24 2014 - 11:31 AM

View PostElijin, on June 24 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

So your point is that there is no latency visible whatsoever_

Sure, I got the function of stars wrong, but my complaint is still that there is no visible latency until you're in a server. This hasnt changed by me being wrong about stars.

You thought that stars were a crude way to measure latency. They're not. Ergo, you're wrong about stars.

As for checking the ping of an individual server_ Just figure out what your ping to each region is through joining then leaving. I'm pretty sure the servers from each region are located very close to each other.

#17 Ade_the_Rare

Ade_the_Rare

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted June 24 2014 - 12:10 PM

- An Australian.

Take it easy on the guy. Yeah they should've opened a support ticket, but in fairness when I first started I had a messed up screen resolution that made the game completely unplayable. I posted a support ticket, and after day two of waiting I asked on the forum instead, 'coz I figured the dev team was small and the community probably already solved the issue several times over.

Admittedly I didn't swear as much, and I don't think I posted an essay about ill-conceived intolerance towards one country or another, but I was nowhere near as drunk :D

Posted Image

#18 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted June 24 2014 - 12:49 PM

Actually, I think he should drop the current drift of the thread and do as I suggested (above).
If TAW accepts him, or invites him to Guest play on Battalion 3's servers, he'll have so much fun this thread will die a natural death.
:D

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users