HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Experianced Raider sneeded for advice: T32 or Internals_

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 1337B337

1337B337

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted June 27 2014 - 10:03 PM

Edit:

I can't decide what my last/2 Internals should be.

I got the Fuel Converter and Deflectors.

I got the Air Compressor, but I feel like it's a stupid choice for the Raider, he's like a Semi-Truck in the air; little maneuverability.

So I'm looking for a replacement/s.

Any suggestions_

Edited by 1337B337, June 27 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#2 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted June 27 2014 - 10:30 PM

internas will be better in short term perspective, weapons are kinda equal in power and are based on play styles, but internals will make you stronger 100% and later you can experiment with weapons
if you like using re-flak so far ofcourse

Edited by Ker4u, June 27 2014 - 10:36 PM.

- lok'tar ogar -

#3 1337B337

1337B337

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted June 27 2014 - 10:57 PM

I feel like, with the right internals, I wouldn't really ever have to use the T32 Bolt.

#4 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted June 27 2014 - 11:03 PM

The bolt has a lot of power behind it. Internals have nothing to do with the weapons you use. The weapons usually determine the style which you want to pilot and from that style you should pick internals that'll help you play that style more potently. Click on the link in my sig and look under the raider section in my guide and watch the video. Hope that'll help you some.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#5 1337B337

1337B337

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted June 27 2014 - 11:13 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on June 27 2014 - 11:03 PM, said:

The bolt has a lot of power behind it. Internals have nothing to do with the weapons you use. The weapons usually determine the style which you want to pilot and from that style you should pick internals that'll help you play that style more potently. Click on the link in my sig and look under the raider section in my guide and watch the video. Hope that'll help you some.

I've seen your videos, but you never go over internals.

I'm choosing to stay with the ReFlak until I can actually put money into the game, if that's any consilation.

#6 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted June 27 2014 - 11:18 PM

View Post1337B337, on June 27 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:

I'm choosing to stay with the ReFlak until I can actually put money into the game, if that's any consilation.
Well, the ones I use are the air compressor (in case I need to take to the air if someone is on a platform above me and I can remove their height advantage), evasive device (so as my health drops I start to move faster and my dodges go farther making me harder to kill), and the basic deflectors (since dodging and boosting is something you should be doing often in Hawken). That's the setup I pretty much use on all of my mechs because it fits the way I play pretty well. I can't really recommend internals if I don't know how you like to play your raider.

#7 1337B337

1337B337

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted June 27 2014 - 11:21 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on June 27 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

View Post1337B337, on June 27 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:

Well, the ones I use are the air compressor (in case I need to take to the air if someone is on a platform above me and I can remove their height advantage), evasive device (so as my health drops I start to move faster and my dodges go farther making me harder to kill), and the basic deflectors (since dodging and boosting is something you should be doing often in Hawken). That's the setup I pretty much use on all of my mechs because it fits the way I play pretty well. I can't really recommend internals if I don't know how you like to play your raider.

That was kind of stupid of me; asking for advice and giving no information. :P

I do flank when it's helpful for my team, but I usually tag along with another mech and take people head on.

Sorry if I'm irking you, If there's one thing I've never been good at is trial and error with this kind of stuff.

Edit: When I first ended up buying internals, (Fuel Converter, Deflector (2X) and Air compressor,) my survivability went up by leaps and bounds, (ended up getting 19 kills the first match.)

But I feel like I barely use the Air Compressor, so I don't want to waste slots on somehting I won't use very often.

Edited by 1337B337, June 27 2014 - 11:26 PM.

#8 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted June 28 2014 - 09:14 PM

It all depends on your play style. I have 2 raiders. Both have T32 (because it is awesome and I specialize in burst weapons). One is fitted for complete mobility:

Air compressor, deflectors, basic fuel converter.

For items I have a mark 3 heal orbs and EMP

Second one is built for TDM and survivability:
Repair Kit, Deflectors, Extractor.

Mark 3 heal orbs and emp

Works quite well for me.

Edited by OmegaNull, June 28 2014 - 09:14 PM.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#9 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted June 28 2014 - 11:31 PM

View Post1337B337, on June 27 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

That was kind of stupid of me; asking for advice and giving no information. :P

I do flank when it's helpful for my team, but I usually tag along with another mech and take people head on.

Sorry if I'm irking you, If there's one thing I've never been good at is trial and error with this kind of stuff.

Edit: When I first ended up buying internals, (Fuel Converter, Deflector (2X) and Air compressor,) my survivability went up by leaps and bounds, (ended up getting 19 kills the first match.)

But I feel like I barely use the Air Compressor, so I don't want to waste slots on somehting I won't use very often.
Well, since you like the frontal assault type of play style, I can definitely say that the deflectors and the converter will prove to be useful. And if you want to swap out the air compressor, just go with a 2, 2, 2 setup. Deflectors, fuel converter, armor fusor, or repair kits are good internals for front-line assault players. Using any combination of those internals will help you manage the inevitable damage you will sustain on the front line and keep you rolling. Also, if you don't mind dying a lot, composite armor might help some when you respawn. I don't use it cuz it sorta encourages death, but you may find it useful.

The internal setup that I go with is meant more for mobility and survival/escape potential. As you know from my videos, I tend to play more defensively in all my mechs so my internal setup is more focused on avoiding damage through mobility and getting away if I do take too much damage.

As for irking me, no don't worry about it. XD

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, June 28 2014 - 11:34 PM.

#10 1337B337

1337B337

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted June 30 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostOmegaNull, on June 28 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

It all depends on your play style. I have 2 raiders. Both have T32 (because it is awesome and I specialize in burst weapons). One is fitted for complete mobility:

Air compressor, deflectors, basic fuel converter.

For items I have a mark 3 heal orbs and EMP

Second one is built for TDM and survivability:
Repair Kit, Deflectors, Extractor.

Mark 3 heal orbs and emp

Works quite well for me.

This has actually helped quite a bit, I can replenish nearly half my armor on one orb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users