HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Abrupt Crash

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location̵̨ͤ̈́͆̀ͯ̌ͮ͛̋̏͊ͣ̃ͥ̿͢͏̷̩͉̹̪̬̫͍͇̜̼͖͈ ̪͚͙̬̘̼̥̱̣̤ͪ̎́͑̀͟V̶̢̨̛̙̳͙̘̲͚̫̜̯̮̱̯̯̂ͫ͊̆͌͒̾̓̽͑̾ͯͣ̀̚ ͌́́̅̍͛̈́ͩ̏̏ͤ̆̅̋̽ͮ̌̕҉̻̬̳͍͓̺̱̩̜́͢Ȩ̴̘͓̻̫̭̳͈͚̩̭̰͖̝̯̼̥͇̖ͬ̒̇̐̆́͘ ̶̴̡̔̒͒͆̈́͏̠̯̥͍̳͈̘̦̖̖͚͙̬̺̕G̛͖͇̺͔̹͌̿̌̓̉͒ͬ̇̿ͭ͒͂̍̒ͫ̈́̔ͫ͢ ͯ́͛̊͌͊ͮ̓͜͏̥͚̞̺͓̗͙̪̜̰͖͖͈̬̘Ȃ̷̢̭͓̮͈̠̑ͥͫ̍̑̌̈́̔̋͛̑

Posted June 28 2014 - 03:12 PM

Never had encountered a hard crash to desktop before, but regardless, I filled out the fields, and submitted the crash report.

In case those can't access the URL:
Attached File  blah.png   42.07K   26 downloads

Crash URL - http://crashreport.m...Crashes/1026686

Log file:
Faulting application name: HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe, version: 1.5.3.11507, time stamp: 0x53920a3a
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17114, time stamp: 0x53648f36
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0001ec81
Faulting process id: 0x169c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf9321cb02c4c4
Faulting application path: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Hawken\Binaries\Win32\HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: c40847e2-ff16-11e3-82b3-74d43516ee40
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Attached Files

Edited by Draigun, June 29 2014 - 01:17 PM.

Posted Image

"The flesh is dying, and we're the next big thing.
The world we know is every bit of real — and a hell of a lot more pure — than this decaying mudball you're trying to save.
Ascension lies in new ideas, not dusted-off old ones."
  - Philosophy of the Virtual Adepts

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted June 28 2014 - 03:14 PM

Well, I see some mentions of the APEX_BasicIOSCHECKED_x86.dll in that. That's a nvidia libary afaik. Are you using non-beta, up-to-date graphics card drivers_ Did you try reinstalling your graphics card drivers and Physx updates yet_

If your game crashes more often from now on you should try playing with Physx turned off for a while to test if it's really Physx-related.

#3 Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location̵̨ͤ̈́͆̀ͯ̌ͮ͛̋̏͊ͣ̃ͥ̿͢͏̷̩͉̹̪̬̫͍͇̜̼͖͈ ̪͚͙̬̘̼̥̱̣̤ͪ̎́͑̀͟V̶̢̨̛̙̳͙̘̲͚̫̜̯̮̱̯̯̂ͫ͊̆͌͒̾̓̽͑̾ͯͣ̀̚ ͌́́̅̍͛̈́ͩ̏̏ͤ̆̅̋̽ͮ̌̕҉̻̬̳͍͓̺̱̩̜́͢Ȩ̴̘͓̻̫̭̳͈͚̩̭̰͖̝̯̼̥͇̖ͬ̒̇̐̆́͘ ̶̴̡̔̒͒͆̈́͏̠̯̥͍̳͈̘̦̖̖͚͙̬̺̕G̛͖͇̺͔̹͌̿̌̓̉͒ͬ̇̿ͭ͒͂̍̒ͫ̈́̔ͫ͢ ͯ́͛̊͌͊ͮ̓͜͏̥͚̞̺͓̗͙̪̜̰͖͖͈̬̘Ȃ̷̢̭͓̮͈̠̑ͥͫ̍̑̌̈́̔̋͛̑

Posted June 28 2014 - 03:18 PM

View PostReEvolve, on June 28 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

Well, I see some mentions of the APEX_BasicIOSCHECKED_x86.dll in that. That's a nvidia libary afaik. Are you using non-beta, up-to-date graphics card drivers_ Did you try reinstalling your graphics card drivers and Physx updates yet_

If your game crashes more often from now on you should try playing with Physx turned off for a while to test if it's really Physx-related.
Indeed, I am using WHQL tested drivers from the stable branch.

One thing that I did differently, was I re-applied optimized settings via GeForce Experience, as I was testing out custom settings. Before then, everything was working fine and stable.

Also, I have been using Physx before, so I doubt that is the cause.

Edited by Draigun, June 28 2014 - 03:24 PM.

Posted Image

The world we know is every bit of real — and a hell of a lot more pure — than this decaying mudball you're trying to save.

#4 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted June 28 2014 - 03:25 PM

Hm, I already heard of some problems with the Geforce Experience application and Hawken. I recommend to stop using it for Hawken. Set the graphics settings yourself in the game and don't start Hawken via the Geforce Experience application.

#5 Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted June 29 2014 - 01:19 PM

I encountered it again last night, and I have pinpointed the log files for Windows based on the first crash. They are now attached in my original post. Based on this information, it seems the reason for this abrupt crash lies within ntdll.dll, which is a Windows kernel function library.

In terms of GeForce Experience, I never launch the game using it - I only launch with Steam.

I have reverted the settings in Experience, and will continue to test. I may even run a debugger while I'm playing.

Edited by Draigun, June 29 2014 - 01:21 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users