HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Looking For Extremely Active Clan!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted July 17 2014 - 03:04 PM

View PostCyberbeastx, on July 17 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

I don't even know who the elite players are yet. If I could run into one and have a bit of a chat it would be great.

Here are a few you might look into finding.

MadSavage
Metalbeard
SkyeBeats
JeffMagnum
ComicSans
OmegaNull
Leonhardt
Xacius
Cond0m

However, depending on your MMR you may never see them until you get better.

#22 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted July 17 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostAregon, on July 17 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

View Postticklemyiguana, on July 17 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

View PostDesert_Fox2, on July 17 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

View PostCyberbeastx, on July 17 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

Not Joining TAW, Still Looking. Bump

Don't be too picky. Hawken isn't huge on clans. Everyone sort of jumps between TS servers.

There is TAW, VR, and BSB. Not sure about how BSB is doing atm though. I would suggest looking at VR. They have some really good players and could probably show you a thing or two.
I've banned him from TAW. Played a couple games with him. Very rude.
First, this is private, and second, is he rude by normal standards or TAW standards_
Perhaps it is, though it is a little bit of a warning as I personally think he would, unless he learns a little better, bring down any clan's reputation. He was rude by anyone's standards, and in my personal opinion, had the worst attitude/volume combination of anyone I've ever met. He continually called people p*ssies and asked them to fight him one on one, yelled at his teammates to do stuff (and the wrong stuff, to boot), complained about dying, tauted around his kills, and refused any sort of advice offered to him by telling them to shut up because he didn't need it. Occasionally he would give someone a compliment which was redeeming, but out of the ten or so games I played with him, he was pretty intolerable. Considering his skill, which is considerable matched with his ignorance of how things work and his general attitude toward other players, he has probably done a small amount of damage to the new playerbase already. Fortunately he's at this point high enough in his MMR to be avoiding that group. I hope you have better experiences with him than I did. After a little talking he seemed to lose the steam he built up and maybe realized he was being a fuzzy bunny.
If he calms down a little and stops treating the game and playerbase like Call of Duty, then he may well become a decent community asset, but until that time I will personally advise TAW against him, and refuse him from any community event that I am involved in at that level.
[edit]
Above may be outdated. Cyber has been contributing non-spammy, respectful posts to the forum lately. Have not played with him since though.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, July 22 2014 - 02:42 PM.

Posted Image

#23 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted July 17 2014 - 04:51 PM

View Postticklemyiguana, on July 17 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

Not Joining TAW, Still Looking. Bump

Don't be too picky. Hawken isn't huge on clans. Everyone sort of jumps between TS servers.

There is TAW, VR, and BSB. Not sure about how BSB is doing atm though. I would suggest looking at VR. They have some really good players and could probably show you a thing or two.
I've banned him from TAW. Played a couple games with him. Very rude.
First, this is private, and second, is he rude by normal standards or TAW standards_
Perhaps it is, though it is a little bit of a warning as I personally think he would, unless he learns a little better, bring down any clan's reputation. He was rude by anyone's standards, and in my personal opinion, had the worst attitude/volume combination of anyone I've ever met. He continually called people p*ssies and asked them to fight him one on one, yelling at his teammates to do stuff (and the wrong stuff, to boot), complaining about dying, tauting around his kills, and refusing any sort of advice offered to him by telling them to shut up because he didn't need it. Occasionally he would give someone a compliment which was redeeming, but out of the ten or so games I played with him, he was pretty intolerable. Considering his skill, which is considerable matched with his ignorance of how things work and his general attitude toward other players, he has probably done a small amount of damage to the new playerbase already. Fortunately he's at this point high enough in his MMR to be avoiding that group. I hope you have better experiences with him than I did. After a little talking he seemed to lose the steam he built up and maybe realized he was being a fuzzy bunny.
If he calms down a little and stops treating the game and playerbase like Call of Duty, then he may well become a decent community asset, but until that time I will personally advise TAW against him, and refuse him from any community event that I am involved in at that level.
I thank you for the info, but looking on how you describe him I fear that even if recruitment was still up it would be no possibility to add him to our ranks. And if you feel offended by the TAW-comment, I want you to remember how strict they are in comparison to many other clans.
I`ll fix it later.

#24 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted July 17 2014 - 05:25 PM

View PostAregon, on July 17 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

View Postticklemyiguana, on July 17 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

snip
snip
snip
snip
snip
I thank you for the info, but looking on how you describe him I fear that even if recruitment was still up it would be no possibility to add him to our ranks. And if you feel offended by the TAW-comment, I want you to remember how strict they are in comparison to many other clans.
I'm not at all offended! A little proud actually. I have been continually impressed by the majority of TAW's politeness to other players. In practices and public settings we do have our rules, though it's only in recognition of how large our clan is. We have people of every race, age, gender and skill level in our ranks. Many members have children of their own and we have no idea when one might pop in and pick up on something someone is saying. It's not a matter of judgement on anyone or anything, we just find the rules help people get along, and some people need the extra reminder.
Posted Image

#25 Cyberbeastx

Cyberbeastx

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMechoVerse

Posted July 17 2014 - 07:09 PM

Yes, He banned me because of my attitude.

Edited by Cyberbeastx, July 17 2014 - 07:12 PM.

Posted Image

4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4940MX processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.4GHz) | 32GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz | 1TB SSD Quad Play RAID 0 (4x256GB SSD SATA 6Gb/s) | Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M graphics with 16GB total (2x 8GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled | Razer Naga Epic | Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 | Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 | LG - 27" IPS LED HD Monitor

#26 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted July 17 2014 - 07:18 PM

View PostCyberbeastx, on July 17 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

Yes, He banned me because I was apparently being a jerk trying to lead a group to victory while using sarcasm. Also decided that TAW wasn't the type of clan I want to be in if all members are like him. Even more so after watching him play.
Look, we had some breakthrough civility. You are good, and that's respectable. But honestly, if you want to participate in this community, you cannot behave like that. This game is fantastic, and you probably realize that, but what you may not realize is that it has a very low player population, and the people that stick around, the people that get the most out of this game, are humble, they're kind, they're open to the fact that they aren't always the best, even though they strive to be. You've been around for under a week, and even though you've logged an absurd amount of hours for that time, skill in this community doesn't mean fuzzy bunny. Take EM10. He's a low tier player by almost anyone's standards, but he sticks around because 1st, he enjoys the game, and 2nd, because he's respectful, he gets respect, and he gains something good from our community.
People who continually flame others and talk down to players that are worse than them end up leaving in a month or two, because it's a small community and no one likes playing with them. You're welcome to stay, and any single person here is willing to give you your own start, but for gods sake, take some time and recognize that the people here try pretty damn hard not just to be good, but to make this a good place to be.
You start fuzzy bunny that up, and not a single person will want you around, no matter how many hours you log on this game.
[edit]
same as above edited posts. The humility and effort is appreciated, Cyber.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, July 22 2014 - 02:43 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Cyberbeastx

Cyberbeastx

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMechoVerse

Posted July 17 2014 - 10:28 PM

View Postticklemyiguana, on July 17 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

View PostCyberbeastx, on July 17 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

Yes, He banned me because I was apparently being a jerk trying to lead a group to victory while using sarcasm. Also decided that TAW wasn't the type of clan I want to be in if all members are like him. Even more so after watching him play.
Look, we had some breakthrough civility. You are good, and that's respectable. But honestly, if you want to participate in this community, you cannot behave like that. This game is fantastic, and you probably realize that, but what you may not realize is that it has a very low player population, and the people that stick around, the people that get the most out of this game, are humble, they're kind, they're open to the fact that they aren't always the best, even though they strive to be. You've been around for under a week, and even though you've logged an absurd amount of hours for that time, skill in this community doesn't mean fuzzy bunny. Take EM10. He's a low tier player by almost anyone's standards, but he sticks around because 1st, he enjoys the game, and 2nd, because he's respectful, he gets respect, and he gains something good from our community.
People who continually flame others and talk down to players that are worse than them end up leaving in a month or two, because it's a small community and no one likes playing with them. You're welcome to stay, and any single person here is willing to give you your own start, but for gods sake, take some time and recognize that the people here try pretty damn hard not just to be good, but to make this a good place to be.
You start fuzzy bunny that up, and not a single person will want you around, no matter how many hours you log on this game.

I understand this now.

View PostDesert_Fox2, on July 17 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

View PostCyberbeastx, on July 17 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

I don't even know who the elite players are yet. If I could run into one and have a bit of a chat it would be great.

Here are a few you might look into finding.

MadSavage
Metalbeard
SkyeBeats
JeffMagnum
ComicSans
OmegaNull
Leonhardt
Xacius
Cond0m

However, depending on your MMR you may never see them until you get better.

Thank you for this information.

Posted Image

4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4940MX processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.4GHz) | 32GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz | 1TB SSD Quad Play RAID 0 (4x256GB SSD SATA 6Gb/s) | Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M graphics with 16GB total (2x 8GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled | Razer Naga Epic | Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 | Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 | LG - 27" IPS LED HD Monitor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users