HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Real Siege Veterans shoot the BATTLESHIP !!!!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted August 15 2014 - 04:49 PM

The people you are angry at do not come and read this!

#42 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 16 2014 - 04:47 PM

View Posttalon70, on August 15 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

The people you are angry at do not come and read this!

yup. and the same people likely will never log into here at all, ever.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#43 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted August 17 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostGustoSpiegel, on July 26 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

In the even that you still don't know what to do in siege, follow my 12 minute Siege shortie

perfect show of what to do.  I'll post more as I record more

cheers,

GustoSpiegel

Entertaining Video.  Good pilots are those who help the team win matches.  With Evolwar on your team it was already stacked in your favor.  So that gives you latitude to mess around and have fun.

I noticed you were going for the Kill a lot of times.  Again if your team is ahead, I see no problem with that.

You are a good pilot and you know what you are doing plus its just a game.  The main goal is to have Fun and keep Winning.

#44 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 01:34 AM

My problem is illustrating the importance of taking out the turrets to minimize damage to your base.
Let me attempt to explain:{not exact numbers but you get the idea...}

Untouched Enemy Battleship = full damage
Enemy Battleship with 1 turret shot out = 1/3 less damage
Enemy Battleship with both turrets shot out = 2/3 less damage
Enemy Battleship + Counterlaunched Friendly Battleship = no base damage until it is destroyed.

A counterlaunch frees your team to attempt to control the AA. Use it to do exactly that.

I always hear the rage, "DON"T SHOOT THE SHIP/TURRETS! GO AA!"
This is a great idea if the silo is controlled by your team with no/few enemies inside the radius of the AA.
The key to this strategy is to control the AA.
In the event control is impossible fall back and SHOOT THE ENGINES OUT!; Otherwise your base will continue to take damage until it is destroyed.

Deciding to fall back depends on a few factors:

Will it be quicker to shoot it down_
Are the turrets shot out_
Is the enemy a superior fighting force_
Is our team skilled/co-ordinated enough to make the effort to take and hold the AA_
Is the enemy ship at our base making counterlaunch impossible_ {Now would be an excellent time to shoot it down by the way.}

Sometimes it makes more sense to shoot it down from the 1/2 way mark as your team isn't remotely skilled at controlling AA or are going in 1 by 1 to be slaughtered by all 6 enemies on the AA.
other times it makes more sense to shoot the ship down at 1/3 or 1/4 as no headway is being made at the aa and your counterlaunched ship has just blew up.

The more enemies within the radius than friendlies = An enemy launch is imminent
An equal number of enemies to friendlies = No launch as the counter is stopped
More friendlies in the AA than enemies = A friendly launch is imminent
REMEMBER: It's all about control.

There also comes a time when it's wise to ditch the AA early and collet energy or to be the first ones on the collectors to do so.
REMEMBER: Even if your ship was destroyed you can use this momentum of being on the energy fountains first to re-launch your battleship before they do. If it is fast enough the collectors may not have enough for the enemy to collect for counterlaunch. This leaves them no choice but to fight for the AA or decide to shoot it down.

If there are no ships in the air; the fountains are fully recharged the second that last ship goes down.
Being the first ones to launch with a belly full of juice is prudent to victory.

#45 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted August 18 2014 - 04:27 PM

View PostEM1O, on July 14 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

Knock out the turrets then get EU, enemies at AA may be clueless their ship is emasculated.

Knocking out turrets doesn't actually help, I've tried it and it seems that the ship just keeps firing at the base, so, um, this is a strategy better than targeting the engine_

View PostBurnsHot, on July 14 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

your in a classroom setting here and we are giving you text book how to win.

I've always hated classroom settings.....

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#46 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted August 19 2014 - 05:39 AM

https://community.pl...siege-tutorial/

Edited by craftydus, August 19 2014 - 05:40 AM.

#47 Skitzo1d

Skitzo1d

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 07:33 AM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on August 18 2014 - 01:34 AM, said:

My problem is illustrating the importance of taking out the turrets to minimize damage to your base.
Let me attempt to explain:{not exact numbers but you get the idea...}

Untouched Enemy Battleship = full damage
Enemy Battleship with 1 turret shot out = 1/3 less damage
Enemy Battleship with both turrets shot out = 2/3 less damage
Enemy Battleship + Counterlaunched Friendly Battleship = no base damage until it is destroyed.

A counterlaunch frees your team to attempt to control the AA. Use it to do exactly that.

I always hear the rage, "DON"T SHOOT THE SHIP/TURRETS! GO AA!"
This is a great idea if the silo is controlled by your team with no/few enemies inside the radius of the AA.
The key to this strategy is to control the AA.
In the event control is impossible fall back and SHOOT THE ENGINES OUT!; Otherwise your base will continue to take damage until it is destroyed.

Deciding to fall back depends on a few factors:

Will it be quicker to shoot it down_
Are the turrets shot out_
Is the enemy a superior fighting force_
Is our team skilled/co-ordinated enough to make the effort to take and hold the AA_
Is the enemy ship at our base making counterlaunch impossible_ {Now would be an excellent time to shoot it down by the way.}

Sometimes it makes more sense to shoot it down from the 1/2 way mark as your team isn't remotely skilled at controlling AA or are going in 1 by 1 to be slaughtered by all 6 enemies on the AA.
other times it makes more sense to shoot the ship down at 1/3 or 1/4 as no headway is being made at the aa and your counterlaunched ship has just blew up.

The more enemies within the radius than friendlies = An enemy launch is imminent
An equal number of enemies to friendlies = No launch as the counter is stopped
More friendlies in the AA than enemies = A friendly launch is imminent
REMEMBER: It's all about control.

There also comes a time when it's wise to ditch the AA early and collet energy or to be the first ones on the collectors to do so.
REMEMBER: Even if your ship was destroyed you can use this momentum of being on the energy fountains first to re-launch your battleship before they do. If it is fast enough the collectors may not have enough for the enemy to collect for counterlaunch. This leaves them no choice but to fight for the AA or decide to shoot it down.

If there are no ships in the air; the fountains are fully recharged the second that last ship goes down.
Being the first ones to launch with a belly full of juice is prudent to victory.

While you wait for you teamates to go to the AA together rather than AA yolo diving like the best of us do, it isnt a bad idea to shoot the ship or mainly the turrets because you are correct it does decrease the damage the ship does to your base.  but you have to be careful when to do this.  Is there only 1 enemy on the AA is their several wounded targets you might beable to take out solo_ Got to weigh your options.

Btw your numbers on how much the turrets do is off.  Full battleship does 8 damage/sec,  1 turret missing = 7 damage, 2 turrets missing = 6 damage.  So with even both turrets gone thats still only 25% less damage not anywhere near the 66% you said.

But sometimes theres times to shoot the ship, sometimes not.  Its good to listen to experienced pilots that might be toping the leaderboards though cause they probably know what they are talking about.  Also as i previously stated in another thread, sometimes its better to follow a bad strat as a team then go at it solo, because this is a team game.  That being said not always good , depending on the strat though.

Fred is sad hes not like the other robots

Posted Image

[12:43] <@ThirdEyE> skitzo1d = worst reaper NA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users