HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A Quick Update for Everyone: 07/14/14

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#21 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted July 14 2014 - 07:34 PM

View PostKejiGoto, on July 14 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new map, mech, and perhaps a game mode (Siege 2.0_) be what the team comes back with once this back end work has been completed.

Posted Image

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new map, mech, and perhaps a  (Siege 2.0_) bemes back with once this back end work has been cometed.

Posted Image

I wouldn't be surprised to see  mode (Siege 2.0_) be what the team coith once this back end  workhasn completed.

Posted Image

Posted Image
(Siege 2.0_)  has been completed (Disclaimer: I have no idea)

Posted Image

Posted Image

The things mentioning Siege 2.0 does to me. :wub:

Edited by CounterlogicMan, July 14 2014 - 08:06 PM.

#22 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted July 14 2014 - 07:48 PM

View PostOdra, on July 14 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

And people called me crazy when I posted this on the last update thread.

View PostOdra, on June 29 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

The next update will discuss the previous updates and how the current update on the update reflects on those updates and vaguely discuss what they would like the next update to be but will simply say to "stay tuned for a soon-to-come update on actual content updates", but will not actually include any content/patch updates until a later update.

Posted Image

Whoa

#23 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted July 14 2014 - 08:12 PM

What i get from this is: "No stuff for you in July. Keep waiting till August".

Edited by TheVulong, July 14 2014 - 08:13 PM.

Posted Image

#24 Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationRussia, Lipetsk

Posted July 14 2014 - 08:13 PM

How would you put it mildly ... Actually siege in the moment and there are  siege 2.0. :lol:
The rules under siege already changed very much, so do not be fooled, and indulge in wishful thinking.

Edited by Anichkov3, July 14 2014 - 08:17 PM.

#25 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted July 14 2014 - 08:38 PM

*GIANT HUG*

Posted Image

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 08 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're exactly right.

#26 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted July 14 2014 - 08:47 PM

View PostKer4u, on July 14 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new map, mech, and perhaps a game mode (Siege 2.0_) be what the team comes back with once this back end work has been completed.
then i really don't understand this secrecy, if it will be just a standard content

There's a pretty simple explanation for why Hughes isn't talking about what is coming for Hawken. Basically it comes down to not wanting to announce something before the team has a firm handle on when it will be happening. I'm guessing the back end work that is currently going on is keeping many things in limbo as that all needs to be completed before they can move forward with new content. Announcing something that might need more time being reworked or whatever once the back end work is done will just leave people upset because it will be taking longer than expected to get it.

In the gaming industry you see it all the time where a team will open their mouth and announce something way in advance without having any idea of how long the project will take and fans spend a great deal of time waiting around to hear anything about it. Take Last Guardian for example which was announced nearly half a decade ago yet we have no clue when it will be releasing. Every time Sony goes to a gaming conference and doesn't talk about it fans are let down because it has been so long. You can see the same issue at work with Hawken when it comes to things like Clan Support. The development team announced that towards the beginning of Hawken's life and it's something fans have been clamoring for yet due to various reasons it hasn't been implemented yet. That doesn't stop people from asking about it, talking about it, being upset it isn't here, and so on.

So pretty much that's what they are trying to avoid. It's far better to announce something and have an actual release date or a time frame for when it will be out than saying "It'll happen in the future" and leaving everyone to wait around until something else develops for it. Just because they aren't talking about something doesn't things aren't happening behind the scenes, just means now isn't the time to let us in on the secret but that time will come.

Have patience.

Posted Image

#27 pelanas

pelanas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted July 15 2014 - 12:31 AM

I'm feeling that something bad is happening over there... :mellow: . But I hope that it is resolved and I have the patience to see it. I love Hawken.

Edited by pelanas, July 15 2014 - 12:34 AM.

Posted Image

#28 BadCatWillum

BadCatWillum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted July 15 2014 - 12:32 AM

translation: "The acquisition of Meteor by Activision has not yet gone through and the subcontractors aren't done porting to XBOne". SCNR, I hope the news when it comes is better.

#29 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted July 15 2014 - 12:44 AM

View PostKejiGoto, on July 14 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

----
If this post is close to current situation in adh, its pretty sad that they are working 3 months(much longer on some features) and don't have any dates, or some features in which they are 99%  sure will be  done  till next patch.  
We got 0 info in last dev updates. basically a "we are working, no patch this month" x3.  Not even sure they didn't abandon some of the lower listed features,  or what is going on now at all, since there was  no actual info on anything, this makes me really miss those cockpit bits from vana.

Really want to believe they are setting up some major changes with final release that should bring some people back and get hawken some publicity. Their current quietness is raising my expectations anyway as the time goes.
currently its at; (well at least 80%)

- New Mech
- New Map
- 1v1 Gamemode
- Some changes to internalsitems [+ new ones]
- Siege 2.0
- New stuff for coop
- ​Balance changes
- Long waited clan system
- skins drones crosshairs

assuming patch will drop in late august.

Edited by Ker4u, July 15 2014 - 12:55 AM.

- lok'tar ogar -

#30 Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted July 15 2014 - 12:57 AM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on July 14 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

...I assure you we aren't in a place to discuss any information publicly.

- something new, but early in development_ (why not tease_)
- core gameplay changes_
- higher powers commending not to speak_ "Thou shalt not speak the Hawkens"
- negotiations with potential buyers of the franchise_
or...
- you guys are literally not in a place (like your offices) to discuss any information publicly
  because you're all at the company bbq party.

Btw, a good two weeks ago, i noticed that we are all "full members".
It's right under the avatar and it wasn't there 2 - 3 weeks ago (i think)
Posted Image
What other kind of members can we expect in the future_

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAЩKEИ ---> hawken

Member of: Critical Assist

#31 teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted July 15 2014 - 03:07 AM

What they should do: Write a list of things that we might see in a future version. Then add some things they know are BS, mix them up, and tell everyone that this is the stuff that they are POSSIBLY working on. It should entertain people for a while.

#32 karnak

karnak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted July 15 2014 - 03:18 AM

Thank you Hughes for the quick and concise update on the situation.

#33 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted July 15 2014 - 03:36 AM

Posted ImageThanks HUGES keep the updates coming. :)

Edited by hoghead, July 15 2014 - 03:38 AM.

#34 sleepe

sleepe

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted July 15 2014 - 03:44 AM

Fantastic news! Oh wait...It takes smile on my face every loooong month.

Edited by sleepe, July 15 2014 - 03:46 AM.

Sorry for my english :/

#35 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted July 15 2014 - 04:45 AM

Thanks for the update Hughes!
Bo oh boy i cant w8 to see what they are planning :D :ph34r:

#36 WastingTime

WastingTime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted July 15 2014 - 05:33 AM

Can't tell what makes us squirm more.  A teaser video or a vague check in saying something is coming

Either way, we appreciate all the hard work

Edited by WastingTime, July 15 2014 - 07:57 AM.

#37 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted July 15 2014 - 06:40 AM

Not to quote Keji's entire post, but what we could all be avoiding is turning purple from a long breath-hold:

Posted Image.
heh. :)

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#38 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted July 15 2014 - 07:28 AM

View PostKer4u, on July 15 2014 - 12:44 AM, said:

View PostKejiGoto, on July 14 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

----
If this post is close to current situation in adh, its pretty sad that they are working 3 months(much longer on some features) and don't have any dates, or some features in which they are 99%  sure will be  done  till next patch.  
We got 0 info in last dev updates. basically a "we are working, no patch this month" x3.  Not even sure they didn't abandon some of the lower listed features,  or what is going on now at all, since there was  no actual info on anything, this makes me really miss those cockpit bits from vana.

Really want to believe they are setting up some major changes with final release that should bring some people back and get hawken some publicity. Their current quietness is raising my expectations anyway as the time goes.
currently its at; (well at least 80%)

- New Mech
- New Map
- 1v1 Gamemode
- Some changes to internalsitems [+ new ones]
- Siege 2.0
- New stuff for coop
- ​Balance changes
- Long waited clan system
- skins drones crosshairs

assuming patch will drop in late august.

Actually it isn't sad because the last three months haven't been spent on back end work, or did you forget about the minor patch we got in May which rebalanced MC price, fixed some bugs, and brought in the Test Arena_ There's a good chance that implementing anything into the game right now depends on getting this back end work done and if they announce before that work is completed it could get delayed for whatever reason.

You do seem to suffer from short term memory loss as well because the last update discussed a decent amount. Hughes discussed the technical debt with Hawken and how they are trying to fix this because it is negatively impacting the game. In fact they've got a special team working on this which will help the team moving forward. We all know there are certain issues present in Hawken which are from design choices early on that have had unforeseeable consequences on development. Probably a good chance that some of this new content needs this taken care of as well which is a separate issue from server migration and so forth. We also know they are migrating the servers which will improve performance while actually playing Hawken. This is something people have complained about since day one and now something is being done about it. Changing servers isn't an overnight project that happens at the flip of a switch.

We also got a look at how the team handles cheaters as well as how many people were recently banned for cheating (150). Many were claiming the team doesn't seem to care about this and cheaters are free to do as they please when it is quite the opposite. The team just wants to make sure they are actually banning someone who is cheating and looking into the situation before acting. Considering how quick some are to throw out the term "hacker" because they are losing I'm pretty thankful of this because I myself have been accused of "hacking" numerous times as well as many others, none of us have actually cheated before.

This may not be the kind of stuff you want to hear about but it is information and shows work is being done on the game. As I said in the last development update I'm 100% sure Adhesive wants to talk about this stuff a whole hell of a lot more than you want to hear about it because this is their job, it's their paycheck, it's their livelihood. For them this is what pays the bills, keeps a roof over their head, food on the table, you get the idea. For us this is just entertainment which provides a few hours of joy.

So the information is there, you're just choosing to ignore it because it isn't what you want to hear about. Back end work is not that exciting unfortunately and takes time, that's the reality we live in. From the sounds of it though they are getting close to being done and hopefully we hear soon we should start hearing about what Hughes has been working for on for the past few months, when we'll get the next content patch, and what Adhesive has planned for Hawken moving forward now that they've got the game (technically speaking) where they want it.

Posted Image

#39 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted July 15 2014 - 07:32 AM

+1
Posted Image

#40 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted July 15 2014 - 07:52 AM

Thanks for the mini update . I would be quite happy if the result of the backend work was the return of VoIP and stable server perf.
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users