HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hey all, saying hi and also asking for slight help

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 luxebo

luxebo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted August 03 2014 - 04:54 PM

Hey guys, just asking but how do you guys deal with teams in deathmatch (or people purposely ganging up on you for no reason)_ Also, how do you guys deal with people who don't follow/do what they're supposed to do in any type of team game_ Like co-op bots or siege when everyone either suicides all the time or does the wrong thing at the wrong time_ It's a bit frustrating that these exist within the game but at least normal team deathmatch usually is alright.

#42 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 10:16 AM

View Postluxebo, on August 03 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Hey guys, just asking but how do you guys deal with teams in deathmatch (or people purposely ganging up on you for no reason)_ Also, how do you guys deal with people who don't follow/do what they're supposed to do in any type of team game_ Like co-op bots or siege when everyone either suicides all the time or does the wrong thing at the wrong time_ It's a bit frustrating that these exist within the game but at least normal team deathmatch usually is alright.
You can always report the former-video evidence works best. Dealing with it in-game is more difficult.
As far as the other, I mean, you can always ask. Unfortunately, this is still the internet, so that doesn't always work. These problems both go away as you enter higher and higher MMR brackets.
Posted Image

#43 luxebo

luxebo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 01:39 PM

View Postticklemyiguana, on August 04 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:

You can always report the former-video evidence works best. Dealing with it in-game is more difficult.
As far as the other, I mean, you can always ask. Unfortunately, this is still the internet, so that doesn't always work. These problems both go away as you enter higher and higher MMR brackets.
Ok, I see. Thanks for the info, hopefully I reach to that MMR eventually.

Also, I've 4 mechs now, my CR-T (mastered), Raider and Reaper (rank 2), and my newly bought Scout. I'm gonna aim for Brawler and Assault when they get off trial, as those sound like the best way to go (though CR-T is neat, Assault feels better in every way.)

#44 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 01:57 PM

If you're looking for the most OP (but also one of the most fun) mechs in the game, learn the incinerator. Brawler is great as long as you're ok with never chasing a kill until you really know the maps and the flow of the game.
Scout is a lot of fun. Assault... unless you really really liked the CRT, I wouldn't buy until much later. It is essentially the CRT with slightly better stats in some areas and slightly worse stats in others-which I personally view as a waste of HC, but that is up to you. I am actually in the minority in my distaste for the assault.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, August 04 2014 - 01:58 PM.

Posted Image

#45 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 04 2014 - 03:13 PM

Daily win bonus resets at midnite GMT

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#46 luxebo

luxebo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 06:47 PM

@EM10, I see, so 4 p.m PST. Thanks!

@ticklemyiguana I think I may go for Incinerator later since it sounds really strong, but I liked the Brawler Flak and TOW combo, plus I need a close range tank, as Raider doesn't have too much armor lasting in some matches. Assault is just cheaper start price so I may as well get it. After that, maybe G2s and then I'll see what to do, as I need to start kitting out my mechs (outplayed sometimes by Mastered mechs/other mechs.)

#47 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 04 2014 - 07:24 PM

stay away from G2 models, until you are well stocked with mechs you enjoy. AssG2 is a fun toy, but extremely clutch-oriented. you better be good, fast, or willing to die a LOT.
if you get it, make sure you have extra HC saved up to cover the kills & low health speed booster internals, and a Det or Bomb for Alpha strikes. otherwise, see the above sentences.
Raider G2 still has the hiccups. Leave it alone until the devs realize it's a Savage Beast and unchain the poor dreadfully pitiful slob.
2 strikes.
anybody for a third_
how about a G2 Tech--double rays, double Vampire Death at ya! WOO Haaa!
edit:  btw, for Incin, check S9's thread (Mech link below) first, you may want to get something a little less EXTREMELY Support oriented. I'd rather beef up my Tech than buy one, or make sure a very close friend has a Tech that can run around with his (insert profanity here) or green ray up your butt all day; if not, prepare to die a LOT.
IMHO.
:D
also: learn to hide. go ahead be a coward. heros die, cowards live to give hell another day. hit and run. don't fight "better" players. shoot here. run. shoot there run again. John Wayne was an asshoal. be a Diesel byatch, ambush 'em and rip their faces off!

Edited by EM1O, August 04 2014 - 07:32 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#48 luxebo

luxebo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted August 05 2014 - 04:10 PM

I see what you mean on the G2's, but I wouldn't be getting them till I master all of the above likely (due to the extensive requirements). By that time, I should be pretty decent at the game, as at the moment I'm just following someone else's advice to pick up a handful of mechs and then start kitting out one by one. BTW, is there a way in game to check FPS (I lag a bit sometimes), or a way to check player skill level or is it just hope for the best and try not to encounter mastered Pred's while repairing_

#49 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted August 05 2014 - 07:40 PM

To check your fps in game, hit f5 while in the game and the command console will show up. Type in "stat fps" sans quotations, hit enter, and it will display your fps somewhere on the screen.

So far you cannot check other player skill levels, but you can see a ROUGH quantification of your skill level in MMR by friending the bot "Scrimbot" Shoot that name a friend request and chat it and say "mmr". It will give you a ROUGH estimate of your skill level (can only check once per hour). This is just one of the many functions of this bot. You can also check the skill range of servers when you're in one. Once you're in a server, chat Scrimbot and say "srd" and it will give an estimated range of the server skill level range. One of several functions, all thanks to Ashfire908, a long standing community member who programmed the bot.

If you ever need to find a guide to a mech, don't forget to check my Sig below for a link to my mech guide compilation.

Edited by Silverfire, August 05 2014 - 07:41 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#50 luxebo

luxebo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted August 05 2014 - 08:40 PM

Thanks for the help! Gonna give this a bit of a try tonight. :)

#51 luxebo

luxebo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted August 08 2014 - 12:50 PM

Yeah, mmr and srd help a bit to determine which match is best. Also, I got Assault, Brawler, CR-T, Scout, Raider, and Reaper at the moment. Now I'm grinding up for stuff and weapons. Is there specific layouts or weapons I should get first on any of those mechs above_

In order of purchasing since I really like the Rocketeer: T-32 Bolt (Raider), Rocketeer, Flak Cannon (Scout), Vulcan (Assault). I may then choose to fill up internals and items or continue to buy second stage weapons (opinions on Hawkin-PR for Reaper or SA-Hawkins for Brawler_)

Edited by luxebo, August 10 2014 - 10:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users