HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hey all, saying hi and also asking for slight help

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 luxebo

luxebo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted July 25 2014 - 09:09 PM

I was thinking of Vanguard, but for Grenadier I never got any good chances/good runs at all with it. It feels just sorta slow and useless sadly in my opinion, but I did see lots of people say it's awesome. Brawler I've had a few good times, but I think I need to get used to heavier mechs in this game in general. How are Infiltrator/Incinerator_ I wish there was a website like Smurfy, though I guess the wiki and the homepage isn't bad either for info.

Oh, and what does AC mean_ Something like camo/scout/invisibility_

Edit: These are the ones I'm gonna get before starting up internals/items (or at least some of the above) then I'd want to slowly get em all for different options.

2nd Edit: How do you guys rename mechs_ I'm sorry if that's a bit of a noob question, just haven't found that button to do that.

Found it, just have to click on the mech's name.

Edited by luxebo, July 26 2014 - 02:39 PM.

#22 Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted July 26 2014 - 06:39 PM

View Postluxebo, on July 25 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

I was thinking of Vanguard, but for Grenadier I never got any good chances/good runs at all with it. It feels just sorta slow and useless sadly in my opinion, but I did see lots of people say it's awesome. Brawler I've had a few good times, but I think I need to get used to heavier mechs in this game in general. How are Infiltrator/Incinerator_ I wish there was a website like Smurfy, though I guess the wiki and the homepage isn't bad either for info.

Oh, and what does AC mean_ Something like camo/scout/invisibility_

Edit: These are the ones I'm gonna get before starting up internals/items (or at least some of the above) then I'd want to slowly get em all for different options.

Out of all the C classes I mentioned Vanguard is the easiest. Grenadier is for an advanced player. I only play the Brawler because of Flak+TOW combo.

It doesn't really matter what class you start out with. I started with A classes. I still love them but enjoy playing a few Cs now.
Infiltrator is really good. It is one of my favorites. It can be very easy to do good with but it takes a bit of time to get used to.
If you do have any questions about mech loadouts feel free to ask or search the forums.

By AC I meant Assassin's Creed. You mentioned in one of your earlier posts about. The Infiltrator is like an Ezio, Altair, Conner, Edward. You look for the right moment then go in for the kill. That is one way of playing the Infil. The Infil has cloaking as its ability, which allows for many different playstyles and many awesome escapes. It isn't a one trick pony. You don't even have to use clocking. Sometimes I never do.

#23 luxebo

luxebo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted July 26 2014 - 07:37 PM

View PostDesert_Fox2, on July 26 2014 - 06:39 PM, said:

Out of all the C classes I mentioned Vanguard is the easiest. Grenadier is for an advanced player. I only play the Brawler because of Flak+TOW combo.

It doesn't really matter what class you start out with. I started with A classes. I still love them but enjoy playing a few Cs now.
Infiltrator is really good. It is one of my favorites. It can be very easy to do good with but it takes a bit of time to get used to.
If you do have any questions about mech loadouts feel free to ask or search the forums.

By AC I meant Assassin's Creed. You mentioned in one of your earlier posts about. The Infiltrator is like an Ezio, Altair, Conner, Edward. You look for the right moment then go in for the kill. That is one way of playing the Infil. The Infil has cloaking as its ability, which allows for many different playstyles and many awesome escapes. It isn't a one trick pony. You don't even have to use clocking. Sometimes I never do.
Vanguard I might get, as it sounds like an oversized assault/B-Class due to that extra speed. Brawler I figured out why I kept dying in it through Hobbes' Guide, as I often was in turret mode when I was fighting due to that health regen. Now I see that it's not that good of an idea. Grenadier, I didn't figure out the middle button at that time, so maybe things might change, but don't know if I would actually be able to kill something rather than die very quickly in a 1v1.

I see what you mean on AC, yeah I thought Raider was like that general playstyle because it was very close and brawly styled. Get in, kill something, get out sorta feeling, but I'd have to see how the Infiltrator would work. If maybe next couple weeks I can see what mechs they'd put on trial I could see whether they are like my playstyle or not, though it sounds cool. I also viewed G2 Raider, a few did say it was very difficult, but it looks appealing with that dual wielding shotgun. I'd have to try some of the aforementioned mechs with some other extra weapons too, as I've only really done those with stock/first tier weaponry rather than second or prestige tier weapons, which may or may not be why I'm doing better in some mechs than others.

Oh, and now I see what you meant on the Incinerator, I saw it in match and it indeed is quite a powerhouse. The heat dispension on such a mech is so good. :o

#24 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted July 27 2014 - 09:52 AM

View Postluxebo, on July 26 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

I see what you mean on AC, yeah I thought Raider was like that general playstyle because it was very close and brawly styled. Get in, kill something, get out sorta feeling

I have a highly opportunistic playstyle in mine.

Get in, kill and get out works fine.
You just have to know when to move in, and when to get out.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#25 RozerMahbub_

RozerMahbub_

fishy scout

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationTorino,To-10125 ,italy

Posted July 27 2014 - 10:43 AM

Posted Image

I DON'T CARE

i want to tell you a true story , once upon a time everyone was a perfect pure NOOB ^_^

#26 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted July 27 2014 - 10:53 AM

Lux, feel free to add me on steam and Hawken if you'd like. We can talk plenty more. My name on steam is the same as my Hawken call sign.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#27 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted July 27 2014 - 10:59 AM

View PostRozerMahbub1_, on July 27 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

Make a forum page and people will help out.

#28 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted July 27 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on July 27 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

View PostRozerMahbub1_, on July 27 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

Make a forum page and people will help out.

how do i make a forum page

Posted Image

Spoiler

#29 luxebo

luxebo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted July 27 2014 - 01:24 PM

@SoldierHobbes11 Yeah, maybe we can drop into a few games together some other time. :) Sent you an invite.

#30 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted July 28 2014 - 12:31 PM

Hobbes, Meraple and Rozer are trolling you. Stoop not to their level. Luxebo, every single mech in this game, and I mean every single one with the exception of maybe the G2 Raider (latest mech released, still needs some balance worked on) is exceptionally viable in the right hands and in the end, is ultimately a matter of preference. I apologize in advance for my lack of spacing. I am at work and apparently internet explorer does very poorly with these forums. I cannot use the enter key. In many public games, (though bear in mind the term is loose, pub just means people who don't know each other or are otherwise new to the game) A classes and the occasional B class will be the dominant players. In higher level play, C classes will be the go to mechs, though A and B will still serve valuable purposes. Basically, what everyone has said is correct. Play many different classes and don't worry about winning or losing for quite some time. You will accumulate them all in time, and none will go to waste. Just worry about learning. To answer one of the few unanswered questions so far, the devs update this game quite regularly, although at the moment we are in a 3.5 month dry spell in terms of large updates. This is because they have decided that it is time to address some long standing, difficult technical issues, though once this dry spell is over, it is likely they will be back to their monthly, or even bi-weekly update schedule. One last note. If you are part of the forums for very long, you will come to see many of these faces quite regularly. I highly recommend joining a clan, so that you can accelerate this network and in doing so, the rate at which you'll learn and the amount that you want to play the game. I'm not the best person to be talking to outside of the North American region, but if you happen to live in that area, I would definitely recommend my own clan, TAW.  (You can find us at www.taw.net registration in the upper right). Our NA battalion has over 40 members at the moment, and we hold three practices a week (two mandatory with 60% attendance required) as well as a community event every Wednesday. If you would prefer a clan with a little more lax attendance policies, I can personally attest to the good nature of many of the members of Violent Resolution. Both clans can be found in the Clan Hall on the forum. Good luck and keep playing. We're happy to have you here.
Posted Image

#31 SamEureka

SamEureka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Locationall your base are belong to us

Posted July 28 2014 - 12:37 PM

View Postticklemyiguana, on July 28 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

Hobbes, Meraple and Rozer are trolling you. Stoop not to their level. Luxebo, every single mech in this game, and I mean every single one with the exception of maybe the G2 Raider (latest mech released, still needs some balance worked on) is exceptionally viable in the right hands and in the end, is ultimately a matter of preference. I apologize in advance for my lack of spacing. I am at work and apparently internet explorer does very poorly with these forums. I cannot use the enter key. In many public games, (though bear in mind the term is loose, pub just means people who don't know each other or are otherwise new to the game) A classes and the occasional B class will be the dominant players. In higher level play, C classes will be the go to mechs, though A and B will still serve valuable purposes. Basically, what everyone has said is correct. Play many different classes and don't worry about winning or losing for quite some time. You will accumulate them all in time, and none will go to waste. Just worry about learning. To answer one of the few unanswered questions so far, the devs update this game quite regularly, although at the moment we are in a 3.5 month dry spell in terms of large updates. This is because they have decided that it is time to address some long standing, difficult technical issues, though once this dry spell is over, it is likely they will be back to their monthly, or even bi-weekly update schedule. One last note. If you are part of the forums for very long, you will come to see many of these faces quite regularly. I highly recommend joining a clan, so that you can accelerate this network and in doing so, the rate at which you'll learn and the amount that you want to play the game. I'm not the best person to be talking to outside of the North American region, but if you happen to live in that area, I would definitely recommend my own clan, TAW.  (You can find us at www.taw.net registration in the upper right). Our NA battalion has over 40 members at the moment, and we hold three practices a week (two mandatory with 60% attendance required) as well as a community event every Wednesday. If you would prefer a clan with a little more lax attendance policies, I can personally attest to the good nature of many of the members of Violent Resolution. Both clans can be found in the Clan Hall on the forum. Good luck and keep playing. We're happy to have you here.

Thats like a wall of words... my eyes kept bouncing off...
Posted Image

#32 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted July 28 2014 - 12:43 PM

View PostSamEureka, on July 28 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

Thats like a wall of words... my eyes kept bouncing off...
I am so sorry. My enter key doesn't work. I will format it when I get home.
Posted Image

#33 crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationWest Coast Best Coast

Posted July 28 2014 - 12:51 PM

Internet explorer does very poorly.

FTFY
Signing on the dotted line

#34 luxebo

luxebo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted July 28 2014 - 01:46 PM

Hobbes, Meraple and Rozer are trolling you. Stoop not to their level. Luxebo, every single mech in this game, and I mean every single one with the exception of maybe the G2 Raider (latest mech released, still needs some balance worked on) is exceptionally viable in the right hands and in the end, is ultimately a matter of preference.
That's just what Hobbes basically summarized. Rozer basically hasn't said anything, unless he said something and then edited it out. Meraple agreed to what I said of the Raider. I'm not sure what your point is in saying that.

I might join a clan, though I'm gonna have to ask my friends on what Clan/group they're in (we've one small casual/personalish group in MWO that I play with). Your clan sounds a bit tough on time though (must join into 60% practices_), so I'm not sure if I'm in. Does this game have any community based tournaments like in MWO_ I know MWO had two official ones (when it launched and another for launching the launch module which included private matches) and it also has different other tournaments in the community like Run Hot or Die or Marik Civil War, even though I'm not at that level yet.

I did talk to one other competitive player that played for a year+ (www.playhawken.com his name was iirc), and while he played really freaking well compared to me, he said that it's tough to come by with any competitive topish players anymore. Hopefully maybe the developers release something soon that impacts the game a bit more and maybe more people would come back, though I'm not sure exactly how the game is state wise.

#35 luxebo

luxebo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted July 28 2014 - 08:30 PM

BTW when does daily wins reset (what PST_) Also, how often do they change out trials, especially since now I've got my Raider now. My next buy would be Scout, then probably Assault and Brawler. At that point I'll start getting internals and items and kitting and mastering the mechs I would have. G2 variants and Vanguard at least would be next then I'll figure where to go afterwards.

Edit: I see, they change each time as said in the patch notes, which is around every week. I dislike the fact that they remove the trial once you own the basic chassis of the mech, but since they changed it anyway, it's fine in my opinion. Gotta give those new mechs a run later on today.

Edited by luxebo, July 29 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#36 luxebo

luxebo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 02:56 PM

I'm not sure whether to create a new thread for asking help and what not, but I need help on how to use Grenade Launchers properly. They seem not to be very effective, although people said that Vanguard and Inflitrator are effective. I still can't really find a use for either of em though. Assault is pretty much a better CR-T, but I do want Vulcan for it.

#37 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted August 01 2014 - 08:23 PM

I wasn't trolling... I was serious... ;~;

#38 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted August 01 2014 - 08:26 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on August 01 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

I wasn't trolling... I was serious... ;~;
No, no, no. The point of the comma was to denote the fact that I was addressing you saying that Meraple and Rozer were trolling you.
Posted Image

#39 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted August 01 2014 - 08:29 PM

View Postticklemyiguana, on August 01 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

No, no, no. The point of the comma was to denote the fact that I was addressing you saying that Meraple and Rozer were trolling you.
Oh.... Derp. And yeah, I know. XD

#40 luxebo

luxebo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted August 02 2014 - 09:21 AM

@ticklemyiguana I see now, thought you were saying that Hobbes and those other two guys were trolling me by how you worded it. <_<

I figured out the proper way to use Grenade Launchers, you have to time it correctly otherwise it's situational and middle mouse button is vital to doing well. I almost have my Scout, but it'll take a bit longer before I start getting Assault and Brawler (likely trials will change again.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users