HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Unregistered player_

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted July 31 2014 - 09:30 PM

Enlighten me: Can a player be logged in with Hawken, play on the maps, and not show as registered here_

Situation: I played a game tonight that was delightful. It featured a TDM with the other team apparently all driving aimbots. The gunfire was dreadful, but the only redeeming factor was they played crappily, stood in one spot and made lovely targets. Their names also included the usual jumble of numbers/letters that goes with the territory. I figured they were all newbs, as I pulled ahead on my kdr but took a 16 point beating on my MMR (could be due to some previous matches, but not That bad)!
Not only this, but after the game I got curious and looked up the most audacious guy's ingame name, and came up blank. I tried several obvious combinations in case I got it wrong, too.
Not found.

Was somebody in ADH or Valve goofing around tonite_
Or, have I just witnessed the ultimate Hack of this game_
-O

Edited by EM1O, July 31 2014 - 09:41 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#2 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted July 31 2014 - 09:48 PM

Creating an in-game account doesn't create a forum account immediately.  You need to have logged into the website for a forum account to be created, and your forum account will show account creation date as the first day you log into that account on the website.
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#3 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted July 31 2014 - 09:59 PM

View PostEM1O, on July 31 2014 - 09:30 PM, said:

Can a player be logged in with Hawken, play on the maps, and not show as registered here_

Yes.

It's exactly as ThirdEyE described it. Forum profiles are created when you login for the first time on the website. The "Member Since" date shows you the day the person first logged in on the website, not the first day when that person started playing Hawken. So, if someone never logged in on the website then you won't find a forum profile of him/her.

#4 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted July 31 2014 - 10:02 PM

Ah so! Thank you very much!
Sort of like disposable cell phones--use it for a while then toss it and get another.
Makes sense, now.
:P

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users