HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How 2 corner poke

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 01 2014 - 06:26 PM

I've lost my ability to do so, what's an easy forgiving mech that i should start practicing with_

Post tips below please :)

#2 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted August 01 2014 - 07:50 PM

Zerker and stick to using your tow rocket more. That way in case you mess up, you can still fight relatively easy. Just remember to shoot the weapon closest to the edge of the wall you're behind, first and before you hit the dodge.

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, August 01 2014 - 07:52 PM.

Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#3 Chocksa

Chocksa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationDongen, The Netherlands

Posted August 01 2014 - 08:38 PM

Slug reaper is my favorite corner poking mech

#4 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 01 2014 - 10:22 PM

Thanks, i'll try it

#5 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted August 01 2014 - 10:51 PM

I find corner play easier with grenades, but then I learned on them. I occasionally have moments of brilliance where I can intentionally bounce grenades off walls for absolutely insane trick shots, usually around the first floor pillars on origin. Best is still firing a grenade at a wall I'm charging towards and then dodging out of the way so that it bounces back at a person chasing me.

#6 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted August 04 2014 - 09:29 AM

Slug Reaper or Heat Scout for bursty poking at a safe distance. Raider or anything with Flak Cannon for close range corner burst.

#7 Skitzo1d

Skitzo1d

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 10:42 AM

Remember that girlfriend that you tried to reach around the corner adn poke _  Yea well it works in hawken reach around the corner and poke them in the way they are not suspecting.

back on topic, the infiltrator with the eoc is probably the best corner poker defensively.

Fred is sad hes not like the other robots

Posted Image

[12:43] <@ThirdEyE> skitzo1d = worst reaper NA

#8 TronX33

TronX33

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 12:58 PM

Is the Charged breacher good for poking_
Charge the AA!!!

#9 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted August 10 2014 - 03:50 PM

View PostTronX33, on August 10 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

Is the Charged breacher good for poking_

Heck yes, the Breacher is an amazing corner poke weapon.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#10 Smith0729

Smith0729

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted October 13 2014 - 07:11 AM

I like using the scout for corner poking. Also if you learn how to use the TOW rocket effectively. Corner poking is soooo gooood

#11 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 13 2014 - 05:30 PM

I am really suprised no one has said predator with eoc repeater. That is the king of burst damage and the best coner poking peek a boo mech on hawken ... soon I will be trying a heat scout.

#12 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted October 13 2014 - 08:11 PM

View PostSource_Mystic, on October 13 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

I am really suprised no one has said predator with eoc repeater. That is the king of burst damage and the best coner poking peek a boo mech on hawken ... soon I will be trying a heat scout.

No, Skitzoid already posted the best peek-a-boo mech for cornerplay. Anything a pred can do in corner play, an infil can do better.

In a fight in the open, the Predator should do better though.

#13 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted October 13 2014 - 08:33 PM

View PostSkitzo1d, on August 04 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

back on topic, the infiltrator with the eoc is probably the best corner poker defensively.
yup. got me one of those...also:
HEAT works on infil, charging a bit gives a "TOW-like" splash around corner edges. Grenade one side, HEAT at the feet. HEAT also gives you a mid- to long-range power gun or fast-fire cannon when you push or CQC. with certain internals, makes running down Scouts fun (but that's another thread).
You just have to be keenly aware of the wall and where your muzzle is when you fire.  :)

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#14 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 14 2014 - 06:12 PM

View PostAmidatelion, on October 13 2014 - 08:11 PM, said:

No, Skitzoid already posted the best peek-a-boo mech for cornerplay. Anything a pred can do in corner play, an infil can do better.

Predator is king of burst dammage and coner poking .... infiltrator does not even come close.
Furthermore  you must not use predator you never get out in the open with a pred unless you want to die.

#15 Hell_Diguner

Hell_Diguner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted October 14 2014 - 10:55 PM

View PostSource_Mystic, on October 14 2014 - 06:12 PM, said:

Predator is king of burst dammage and coner poking .... infiltrator does not even come close.
Furthermore  you must not use predator you never get out in the open with a pred unless you want to die.
~AHEM~
EOC Predator has less burst damage than EOC Infiltrator, and neither are the true king of burst damage. That title belongs to the EOC Raider.

There is no real last word on corner play though, the best mech depends on the situation. There are times when mechs like the Grenadier or Sharpshooter are the best.

#16 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted October 15 2014 - 04:06 PM

View PostSource_Mystic, on October 14 2014 - 06:12 PM, said:

View PostAmidatelion, on October 13 2014 - 08:11 PM, said:

The fact of the matter is the Predator excels in the hands of pilots that use it as a B-class - i.e. an assault mech. You get into position, you alpha someone, and then you keep attacking, pushing at them, taking advantage of their panic. And you have the health to do it anywhere. An infil can't do that.

A predator in corner play relies on mines that are laid on the ground and if they use it, the breacher. Either way, your opponent needs to make mistakes and expose themselves to your fire. An infil, aside from AR, does not ever need to draw line of sight to kill you and will do more damage faster.

#17 AlphaPanzer01

AlphaPanzer01

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationHồ Chí Minh city, VietNam

Posted October 20 2014 - 07:15 PM

the strange thing is: I prefer to use AM-SAR Reaper___ maybe I'm too used with its insane ROF......
For VietNam!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users