HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Just bought the raider. WoW What a disapointment !

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 04:35 PM

Just bought a raider. Why does the kla take so long to cool down_  Seriously,  If it is going to take this long than buff the dammage or minimize the cool down because as is the raider is not a mech I recommend. I would have bought something else if I would have realized how awkward and HANDICAPED  the kla makes you vs other mechs. Before you say it  is skill I can use the breacher on predator. And that took some getting used too but it is not a bad weapon the kla is utter garbage in my opinion I rather have a breacher. Now that my complaint is out of the way is upgrading to the eoc make the raider better or should I not bother and look for another mech. or does any one have some tips that could improve raider play _

Edited by Source_Mystic, August 06 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#2 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted August 06 2014 - 04:41 PM

the KLA takes awhile to cool down because in MIRV-mode is the strongest secondary weapon in the game and it is generally a very versatile secondary weapon in the right hands
Posted Image

#3 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 04:48 PM

Raiders are quite common in high-tier Hawken, but they take awhile to learn to play properly.  I'd suggest sticking with the default weaponry for the time being.  You'll need to acclimatize to the KLA's two fire modes (MIRV and Nade Launcher) and their respective strengths and weaknesses.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#4 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted August 06 2014 - 05:00 PM

You just bought a mech. You're in no position to offer criticism on it, as you have no idea how to play it.

Spend a while learning to play it, then come back to us with your collected thoughts.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#5 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted August 06 2014 - 05:00 PM

I'd implore you to stick with it. The Raider takes a little learning, but it can super powerful, and more importantly it can be outright fun. Just give it a little time.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#6 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted August 06 2014 - 05:01 PM

I don't think it's exactly fair to dismiss skill arguments just because you can use the Breacher. Breacher is hitscan, so it's the same difficulty as slug rifle or any other bullet primary--just point and fire, barring lag. Corsair has a travel time to take into account, even in MIRV mode, so obviously skill is a factor. If you were to say instead that you can regularly land direct hits with the EOC-Predator, that would be a different story.

The dual-mode secondary does have a bit of a learning curve to it, and Raider took me a good while to get used to myself, but now it's become my favourite B-class and is very deadly. Keep at it, be patient with your shots and you'll get the hang of it.

#7 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted August 06 2014 - 05:24 PM

View PostBeefsweat, on August 06 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

the KLA takes awhile to cool down because in MIRV-mode is the strongest secondary weapon in the game and it is generally a very versatile secondary weapon in the right hands

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

#8 m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 05:30 PM

Dafuk_ Raider is almost as good as pred

#9 GhostMechT

GhostMechT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 05:32 PM

raider is a really powerful mech i loved it before i bought scout

#10 Barbie_in_a_Mech

Barbie_in_a_Mech

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationHidden in your bedroom, gathering intel for your sister.

Posted August 06 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostSource_Mystic, on August 06 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

or does any one have some tips that could improve raider play _
This looks like a troll thread but in case it's not, I'll give some pointers...

The re-flak can deal damage at mid range, but in general you want to be as close to your enemy as possible.  So, if you find an enemy but they don't see you, you should get closer to them before you start shooting.
If an enemy sees you and they're a bit too far away, you should close distance by using cover and/or using your ability, or just not fight them at all.

Walk to not be seen on radar.  Always check your radar.

My favourite role is to roam alone and flank the enemies or protect important points on my own.
If you prefer the safety of being with your team, you should probably shoot a lot of fireballs like an incinerator's retarded little brother.  Switch to MIRV and dash to the enemies when it looks like there's an easy kill or two.

When you use your ability, not only do you move faster, but you can also shoot while boosting forward.  It's excellent to kill those who run away.

If someone is running away and is too far from you and almost dead, switch to fireball mode to finish them off easily.  It's easy because the explosion radius is ridiculously huge.

Obviously, you should aim your shots carefully, so fire each shot manually.  Don't just hold left click.
Only shoot the MIRV when you're certain it's going to hit.

And, no, "upgrading" to EOC is not better, unless you cannot defend yourself  in close quarter combat and seek to avoid it, in which case you're probably playing the wrong mech.

Edited by Barbie_in_a_Mech, August 06 2014 - 05:48 PM.

Posted Image

#11 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted August 06 2014 - 05:52 PM

All of the "tips" and nobodys mentioned the major bonus of the ReFLAK-35.

REFLAK-35

This rapid-fire shotgun unleashes a spread of projectiles that bounce off of objects and terrain, allowing pilots to damage enemies in heavily defended locations.

https://www.playhawk...imary/reflak-35
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#12 Barbie_in_a_Mech

Barbie_in_a_Mech

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationHidden in your bedroom, gathering intel for your sister.

Posted August 06 2014 - 05:59 PM

As soon as I learned about the ricocheting pellets, my MMR went from 1545 to 1565 in only one day!

Posted Image

#13 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted August 06 2014 - 06:05 PM

Get the t32 on that thing asap.  Become UNSTOPPABLE

#14 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 06:23 PM

I stuck with the predator I'll stick with the raider too thanks for all the tips .What are the best internals for a raider set up _

#15 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted August 06 2014 - 07:03 PM

I run Air compressor, deflectors and basic fuel converter on my T32 Raider (best Raider weapon IMO). It'll usually be some sort of variation on what I have, I think.

A charged up T32 plus a full hit with the MIRV mode of the KLA does ridiculous amounts of burst. One full hit with that and your opponent will be running scared, or dead. Trick is with the MIRV mode is to lead it slightly because it is projectile AFAIK. It also has a fairly short range too. I would say get used to the grenade mode of the KLA then move onto the MIRV because the Raider essentially has two secondaries in one.

If you need more Raider advice, check out my mech guide compilation linked in my sig below!

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#16 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted August 06 2014 - 07:44 PM

View PostDerMax, on August 06 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

way to make your case there, champ
Posted Image

#17 Ikuinen_Lynx

Ikuinen_Lynx

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 10:58 PM

Yeah the thing to keep in mind is that the Raider make look like your standard grunt mech but is not. You cannot play it like any other mech, you get slaughtered. I too felt let down at first when I got it but when I took a closer look at it, I realized I was playing it wrong. I was playing it like a recruit-box. The raider is all about ambushes and learning how to perform knife fights and mastering how to hit about corners and angles. Everything else I can say is already conveyed above.

Edited by Ikuinen_Lynx, August 06 2014 - 10:58 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted August 06 2014 - 11:37 PM

remember your discussion with tim about  pointless ramblings and constructive   criticism_ :D

Edited by Ker4u, August 06 2014 - 11:37 PM.

- lok'tar ogar -

#19 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted August 07 2014 - 04:18 AM

View PostKer4u, on August 06 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

remember your discussion with tim about  pointless ramblings and constructive   criticism_ :D

Well, what do you want me to say to a person who thinks that Corsair-MIRV is the strongest secondary in the game_ Most secondaries are stronger than MIRV by a decent margin, and that should be clear as daylight to anyone who has 100+ hours played on the Raider.

Want me to be constructive_ Okay.

0. If you think that MIRV is stronger than SAARE or TOW then you probably haven't played the game in a long while.
1. If you miss one MIRV shot, you're dead, with very few exceptions. Missing one TOW or GL shot is not that big of a deal.
2. MIRV's range is short enough to be a huge problem when playing against good players with mid-range and long-range sustained weapons (e.g. AR and sub machine). If you don't have Blitz, there is very little you can do.
3. MIRV has a spread, and if your hit doesn't land spot-on, you will deal a fraction of its potential burst damage. Many other secondaries don't have that problem.

This is nonsense. KLA cannot be in MIRV-mode, as it is not a weapon but a firing mode of the weapon called Corsair.

Edited by DerMax, August 07 2014 - 04:20 AM.

#20 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted August 07 2014 - 06:31 AM

the KLA takes awhile to cool down because in MIRV-mode is the strongest secondary weapon in the game

I think you mean the secondary weapon with the most burst.
Even if you meant that, though, it's false.
The Corsair-XT has the most burst out of all secondary weapons.

Even without counting the XT version, it barely has more burst than the TOW or GL while having alot more cooldown time.

it is generally a very versatile secondary weapon in the right hands

Is it versatile_ Yes.
Would a TOW be better in most situations_ Yes.
The reason why I say TOW is better in most situations is, like DerMax said, miss a shot and you're dead most of the time.
If a target's in mid-air while you're on KLA mode, you either have to possess mad KLA skills or switch to MIRV which takes too long.
And with taking too long, I mean you'll be dead.

Look, it's versatile.
Thing is it takes alot of effort just to aim it in both modes, while the TOW is simply click and detonate.

Posted Image

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users