HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Oceania's Server Revival

Game Video Event Community Announcement

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lioot

Lioot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted August 08 2014 - 03:50 AM

The Oceanian servers have been really lacking lately. This is due to the older players quitting the game due to lack of competition (yes this is legit) and more so newer players that are off put by the difficulty of the game. So lets get some more people and start up a TDM or MA or siege or something.

Anything in fact. Anything just to get more people on servers in Oceania.

I've been playing before the steam transition (CBT) up until now, and I've seen the large influx of players as well as the sudden drought of them. Its disappointing to see a game as cool as Hawken become dry of players.

So come to Oceania on the 31st of August (AEST) at around 1pm, or come later at 8pm. Verse some of the pro-er Australian players such as 2.3k mmr (unconfirmed) Timsticles (barely plays) or against the next best such as Luminescent, Putrefaction, and more.

I'll be recording videos for the duration of the games, and perhaps get others to record as well.

Feltpen46's channel can be found here: https://www.youtube....dXM1Sl4AvsyDCvg
My channel can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/xcoccyx
Hawken vids await!

youtube.com/user/xcoccyx

#2 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 08 2014 - 05:06 AM

this looks like a Good Thing. I know ya'll are still alive, as occasionally i play folks i sorta recognize (middle of the night, talking about playing on their lunch breaks, etc) with fat pings on the USE servers. i don't think it's so much an Oceanic thing as it is just an indication of a 400-700 player base at that hour, and the disheartening lack of matchups.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#3 Cloudstorm

Cloudstorm

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationAlfheim

Posted August 08 2014 - 08:39 PM

Not sure I will make the grade but will try to be there if not traveling!

#4 Lioot

Lioot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted August 13 2014 - 02:52 AM

Well I'm hoping to get at least 2 or so games going with this, and that new players won't quit straight away. I've also noticed that random drop of players in US west and yeah, the ping on the US east servers are even worse for me.

But I hope people can make it, not just those from Oceania but perhaps the pro US players can fight it out against the pro Oceanians_ I mean there are ping issues although if you're good enough, just aim a few seconds ahead :D
Hawken vids await!

youtube.com/user/xcoccyx

#5 crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationWest Coast Best Coast

Posted August 13 2014 - 08:37 AM

US West coast here. I'll try and make it if I'm awake/free at that time.
Signing on the dotted line

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Video, Event, Community, Announcement

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users